Kanohi Montatura, Mask of Hype

Jakura Nuva

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Toa and Matoran - it's finally here! the Mask of Hype! This, my friends, is what powers and drives the Hype Train on its long trip to divine happiness.

The Kanohi Montatura (name credit goes to Boidoh and the Italian language) was made using Microsoft Paint. Most inspiration came from the Hau, Hau Nuva, and Kakama. Also took some inspiration from the mysterious mask seen in the 2015 Bionicle concept art. Added in all of those spikes for an awesome effect, that could convey either major evil or major awesomeness.

I'm also working on a full poster for the dark one, which I'll upload some other time on this thread.

Mask%2Bof%2BHype.png

Hype.png

EDIT: Here's the poster for the dark one:

Mask%2Bof%2BHype%2B2.png

Enjoy and critique, and feel free to use it in sigs or in pics of the Hype Train.

Legend says that the legendary Kanohi Montatura turns into a mysterious entity known as the Hype Train when it is exposed to energized Protodermis.

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 9

Now make a picture of someone destroying the Mask of Braking.

• Upvote 2

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

It's beautiful.

The overdesigned nature and saturation of spikes really gives the mask this really frantic, busy look that perfectly captures the frenzied hype that it represents. The Matoran writing down the front are neat, reminds me of the inscription on the back of the Avohkii, which makes it seem like a Legendary Mask.

The only way to be certain it works as a Mask of Hype is to test it...

hjwTDEJ.gif

I think it works :P Great job! ^^

Edited by Pomegranate
  • Upvote 2

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

It's beautiful.

The overdesigned nature and saturation of spikes really gives the mask this really frantic, busy look that perfectly captures the frenzied hype that it represents. The Matoran writing down the front are neat, reminds me of the inscription on the back of the Avohkii, which makes it seem like a Legendary Mask.

The only way to be certain it works as a Mask of Hype is to test it...hjwTDEJ.gif

I think it works :P

:o First off, thanks, secondly, OMGOSH THAT'S AWESOME!!

Quickly, someone make a page on BS01 for this!

Yes, please!

Wait, when did I hit the Lightning Voyager mark? I'm not even to 350 posts yet...

Well, here you go. I just wanted to make the page and then edit, which is what I am about to do.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Yes, please!

Wait, when did I hit the Lightning Voyager mark? I'm not even to 350 posts yet...

Well, here you go. I just wanted to make the page and then edit, which is what I am about to do.

:lol-sign: I love it!! Screenshot taken :D

The only problem is that I have no idea how to do that sidebar thing with the image and all that.

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Yes, please!

:lol-sign: I love it!! Screenshot taken :D

The only problem is that I have no idea how to do that sidebar thing with the image and all that.

If you go to another page and click edit, then see how the page is set up, you'll see what you need to make the sidebar.

I'm going to copy-paste the Hau page and edit from there.

Alright, got it. Is it pronounced mawn-tah-too-raw?

Edited by Arzaki

I'm going to copy-paste the Hau page and edit from there.

Alright, got it. Is it pronounced mawn-tah-too-raw?

Mahn-tuh-TOO-ruh

(Emphasis on the "too", hence the caps)

I think the page is basically done. I did derp up a bit by creating another page called Montatura, with the hopes of making it redirect, but I couldn't figure out how.

This look amazing but... I don't think this mask would fit as the mask of hype in my opinion (because it don't look hype at all :confused:), I would think the mask of hype would be like a mix of the kanohi Miru (because that creepy smile really fits with the hype :D), Kakama (to make the smile bigger), Miru Nuva (add something to the top) and that mysterious mask on the 2015 Bionicle pciture (know what could someone make that, I really would love to see what it will look like).

Also it would be cool to see it on the BS01 but make sure that people will know that it's a fan made and that it's not cannon.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount
  • Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Also it would be cool to see it on the BS01 but make sure that people will know that it's a fan made and that it's not cannon.

It IS on BS01.

EDIT: Nevermind, some jurk deleted the page >.>

Edited by Arzaki

Aka a guy who can't take a joke?

I dunno, I think he was an admin or something. Said it was "not official."

Edited by Arzaki

This look amazing but... I don't think this mask would fit as the mask of hype in my opinion (because it don't look hype at all :confused:), I would think the mask of hype would be like a mix of the kanohi Miru (because that creepy smile really fits with the hype :D), Kakama (to make the smile bigger), Miru Nuva (add something to the top) and that mysterious mask on the 2015 Bionicle pciture (know what could someone make that, I really would love to see what it will look like).

Hey, it can't be everyone's cup of tea :P but thanks for commenting!

It IS on BS01.

No prob, I got a screenshot

Aka a guy who can't take a joke?

Aka the guy who keeps BS01 in order?

Same difference

Nevermind, he wasn't as much of a jurk as I thought he was. He copied the page and even gave me tip. He also complimented on the drawing, but I think he thought I made it. I forgot to put credits for you. Oops.

Nevermind, he wasn't as much of a jurk as I thought he was. He copied the page and even gave me tip. He also complimented on the drawing, but I think he thought I made it. I forgot to put credits for you. Oops.

Copied? Can I see it?

No credit? :crying:

Edited by Jakura Nuva

Copied? Can I see it?

{{Kanohi|

image=[[image:Mask_of_Hype.png|200px]]|

title=Mask of Hype|

powers=Turns the user into the Hype Train|

disks=Disk of Hype|

user=Hype Train Conductor|

pron=Mahn-tuh-TOO-ruh|

}}

The [[Kanohi]] '''Montatura''' is the '''Mask of Hype'''. It allows its user to transform into the Hype Train.

Copied? Can I see it?

{{Kanohi|

image=[[image:Mask_of_Hype.png|200px]]|

title=Mask of Hype|

powers=Turns the user into the Hype Train|

disks=Disk of Hype|

user=Hype Train Conductor|

pron=Mahn-tuh-TOO-ruh|

}}

The [[Kanohi]] '''Montatura''' is the '''Mask of Hype'''. It allows its user to transform into the Hype Train.

Oh, I forgot I already had a screenshot. Thanks anyways.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

Hey guys, I'm the one who deleted the BS01 page (for what it's worth I'm not technically an admin, I just have admin powers, so yeah). You can see why here... no hard feelings, but in general please try to get both sides of the story before resorting to name calling.  :) Also, Arzaki did include credits with the image, I just made a mistake when I was responding to his message—sorry about that.

That said, this is a cool mask you've got—the spikes fit with the whole frenzy theme, and it reminds me a lot of bonesiii's PowerPoint masks. However, I'm with ShadowWolfHount in that it doesn't immediately make me think "hype" when I see it; to be honest, it looks more like an immoral mask based on the shape of the eyeholes. Maybe if you remove some of the spikes and made the eyeholes bigger the shape would fit its power more (and throwing in some random colors couldn't hurt  :P).

Edited by Infrared
  • Upvote 1

Hey guys, I'm the one who deleted the BS01 page (for what it's worth I'm not technically an admin, I just have admin powers, so yeah). You can see why here... no hard feelings, but in general please try to get both sides of the story before resorting to name calling.  :) Also, Arzaki did include credits with the image, I just made a mistake when I was responding to his message—sorry about that.

That said, this is a cool mask you've got—the spikes fit with the whole frenzy theme, and it reminds me a lot of bonesiii's PowerPoint masks. However, I'm with ShadowWolfHount in that it doesn't immediately make me think "hype" when I see it; to be honest, it looks more like an immoral mask based on the shape of the eyeholes. Maybe if you remove some of the spikes and made the eyeholes bigger the shape would fit its power more (and throwing in some random colors couldn't hurt  :P).

Yeah, sorry about the name calling. It was an "in the moment" sorta thing.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, sorry about the name calling. It was an "in the moment" sorta thing.

...Awkward :lol-sign:

Thanks for critiquing it - in fact, I'm going to take your advice!