Turaga becoming Toa again

This might have been discussed before on Bzpower but I was wondering what if the former Toa Metru (Turaga of Mata Nui), Turaga Dume, and the other Turaga could become Toa again, from the power of the mask of life? Even though they are already retired (completed their destiny). It would be an amazing story where the Toa from the past could team up with the Toa Nuva, Toa Hagah or the Toa Mahri and have a "legend war" against Makuta Teridax or the other main villians and threats. What do you guys think? Is it a good idea?

Edited by bohrokmaster

I actually made a topic asking the exact same question some years ago  :P Yes, I believe it's possible to transform them back using the Ignika, though I'm not sure if that would be a good Idea, because Marendar is walking around SM now, and we don't know how powerful he is.

Personally I don't think the Mask of Life should (or would) be going around doing things just because it might seem cool.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Personally I don't think the Mask of Life should (or would) be going around doing things just because it might seem cool.

But at the end of the day it is a storyline for children, and what seems cool is basically what they make their money on. So if we're imagining it as a real life (bizarre) situation, then I understand what you mean, but quite frankly if it does happen it'd be for the cool factor, and for Lego to make money. And generally the only way they make money is by people thinking something looks or sounds "cool".

Personally I'd love to see it happen in the future, but whether or not it will is a long shot :P

~ Argentum

But at the end of the day it is a storyline for children, and what seems cool is basically what they make their money on. So if we're imagining it as a real life (bizarre) situation, then I understand what you mean, but quite frankly if it does happen it'd be for the cool factor, and for Lego to make money. And generally the only way they make money is by people thinking something looks or sounds "cool".

Personally I'd love to see it happen in the future, but whether or not it will is a long shot :P

Was a Storyline for children...  :P

• Upvote 1

Was a Storyline for children...  :P

For now :P 

My mistake xD

~ Argentum

While I love the Turaga as characters, and especially as Toa, I feel it's unnecessary and will just force them awkwardly back into the story. You said it in your first post. Look at how many known Toa Teams we have. The Nuva (Tahu and Taka included) The Mahri, The Hagah and even some have been revived, like Lhikan's. Also, think about what would happen to the entire matoran universe's inhabitants without our six influential leaders acting as Turaga. Dume can't do it all himself. While it would be cool at first, I think they're better off being Turaga. They completed their destiny, and now they can advise our Toa Nuva and Toa Marhi, as well as lead the matoran on Spherus Magna.

“We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

-The Doctor

Let's also not forget that so far, in any given year of BIONICLE, the characters who have been important in the resolution if the year's plot have been sets in that year. LEGO exists to sell plastic, so having so much plot importance on an army of Toa characters who would mostly not have buyable sets wouldn't make a lot of sense for them.

ppg2.png

Greg confirmed its impossible, check the Lego board thread.

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself.

I don't see it as being impossible. If the great beings were able to create bio-mechanical life, they should be able to change a preexisting life form from one form to another. If not the beings themselves, then they probably at least have another way to do it. (Ignika, Energized Proto, etc)

I would say it's theoretically possible for a Turaga to become a Toa again if their destiny was given an extension, and the transformation was a part of it. :P

But, I don't think it is going to happen. A Vortixx isn't going to become a Toa no matter what. Why? For one, they don't have the Toa power which resides dormant in every Matoran. Turaga have given up that Toa power. It isn't coming back, making it as impossible for them to become Toa as Vortixx.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Would a turaga be able to become a toa just by absorbing toa power?

If so, they would not have to absorb as much as a matoran since they still have some left.

However, it might be that a turaga needs to still have a destiny to become a toa again in which case it would not work since turaga, by definition, have fulfilled their destiny.

-Silo

Kathok

I'd like to see the post confirming that they couldn't be reverted. Previous answers on this subject have confirmed that they could be turned back, and I'm not sure which search terms to use to find it. 

I'm not really a fan of the Metru becoming Toa again. I would like to see the Turaga have a role in the story again, though, aside from being victims of Voporak and endless arguing. 

I apologise if I offended you Bonesiii. :???:  But I think it could work as a good story or maybe as an online serial like we have before on BIONICLEstory.com i.e. Riddle of the Great Beings, Brothers in Arms etc. But only a Bionicle fanboy can dream :sigh:

Edited by bohrokmaster

I apologise if I offended you Bonesiii. :???:

?? You didn't offend me... I don't even know why you'd think you did. :) *looks back* All I was doing was disagreeing with your idea -- no offense involved. ^_^ (And I don't believe in being offended, really, anyways. :P)

It could work, yeah, I just don't think the canon should actually go there, unless a really good reason for the Ignika to be doing that was invented.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I understood with the Toa Hagah being brought back (even though technically they weren't Turaga...) but I definitely don't think the Metru need to come back. The Hagah deserved a second chance to be heroes because they never got to fulfill their destinies and live their toa power out to the fullest. The Metru did what they had to do and can now sit back and relax and worry about politics.  ^_^

I do think it is possible for a turaga to turn back into a toa via unnatural means as it's been stated. Whether it's a good idea or not is a totally different matter.  :)

It could make for good fanfiction, but not in the canon IMO. The Turaga have already had their stories, and they were great ones. Returning to being Toa would be rather unnecessary. 

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351