Fast Question about Takanuva

Well the whole way he looked like a Ta-Matoran for years was by bending light to make himself appear red and blue. It seems like it shouldn't be much of a stretch to make himself invisible.

• Upvote 4

Yes, I believe so. I'm not sure if he knows how to though at the moment, him spending how many thousands of years thinking he was a Ta-Matoran.

“We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

-The Doctor

Hmm... if all of this being said is true then... TAKANUVA OP!

But I don't think he knows how to do it (or at least the idea hasn't come across him mind yet) like Guardian Legend says. We have seen no evidence of him doing this, and it probably would've really helped to have that power on several occasions (especially in the serials). Though it can't be much harder than making a hologram of yourself (which would actually be pretty hard in my opinion) so who knows, he might actually already know how.

That would be controlling light, which seems reasonable given his elemental power. But bear in mind that if you deflect all light particles from yourself, you're also blind, as light reaching the eyes is necessary for vision.

~B~

Well if Takanuva can direct light so that it reaches no part of his body except his eyes, he could be almost completely invisible, which in it self is pretty powerful. But as pomegranate said, he could reflect the light around him to make it look like he isn't there (would that work though? I'm no expert on light).

Conversations like these are sad because they show just how cool Takua/Takanuva is yet LEGO seemed to decide to seriously downplay him 2006 onward (2004/2005 don't count for obvious reasons). He didn't get enough importance in the story after MOL, in my opinion.

Well I'd say it's possible in theory, the Holograms suggest that. But, I can't see it being easy. I'd imagine it would only be something he could do with great difficult and maybe some special circumstances, not just like a turn off/on gig. He might be a bit OP otherwise. But judging by the evidence and my hunch, I say YES to doable, but NO to easy.

Light isn't a barrier to light, so it would be easily possible for Takanuva to simultaneously see incoming light and project a hologram of the objects around him... Basically, project what's behind him on his front, and what's in front of him on his back. There would be no hindrance to his sight.

What interests me is the implications for his ability to see. Couldn't he use his powers as a substitute for an Akaku, simply guiding the light from a location of his choice to his eyes? I guess it wouldn't work if there are opaque barriers surrounding what he wants to see, but he could be the ultimate.telescope/periscope, able to see over any distance and around any corners. Perhaps he could even make illusions that only affect a single person, by projecting light directly into their eyes.

That said, these techniques all seem very complex and would likely require lots of practice.

• Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I guess he can. The guy has made an hologram of himself and can change his colors. Since he can control how light affects his body, he can theoretically deflect light and become invisible. 

But then again:

"Real life physics don't apply in BIONICLE, unless scientists discovered Protodermis yesterday and I wasn't told about it."

They keep saying this, so I guess we will never know for sure.  :shrugs:

EDIT: This is really good question for the Message Boards.

Edited by HoloTheWise