Solid 14k Golden hau

BMM95

Anyone know if anymore golden hau's have been found or sold?!?!?!? because lego gave only 5 away i know one bzpower member has one his name is mask collector, I just don't know if the last 4 have been collected and or given away or etc

Edited by BMM95

There are more than five. Five were given during a competition but others (25-30) were given to Lego employees.

Mask Collector has the one Binkmeister previously owned which he won as far as I know and is one of the five.

kjaffa also won one in the same competition but is now inactive.

Another was sold on eBay in April but was one given to a Lego employee. I think the employee gave it to his son who then sold it if I am not mistaken. Not sure about the others though.

• Upvote 2

Another was sold on eBay in April but was one given to a Lego employee. I think the employee gave it to his son who then sold it if I am not mistaken. Not sure about the others though.

That's actually not true.  I purchased that one on eBay and it turned out to be fake... It was plastic and painted in a gold/chrome color to make it look authentic.  The seller even went as far as to punch holes in the sides of the mask.  The seller claimed ignorance to it not being genuine, which I'm not sure how you could mistake that, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and he refunded me after I sent it back to him.  

- :t::l::h:

• Upvote 3

That's actually not true.  I purchased that one on eBay and it turned out to be fake... It was plastic and painted in a gold/chrome color to make it look authentic.  The seller even went as far as to punch holes in the sides of the mask.  The seller claimed ignorance to it not being genuine, which I'm not sure how you could mistake that, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and he refunded me after I sent it back to him.  

- :t: :l: :h:

I saw the topic about it on eBay and saw you bought it so I was wondering what actually happened in the end. Shame. Though, had it have been made of gold, it would have been difficult to tell if it were authentic.

Sometimes, if your determined...and really really lucky, you might just have a slim chance at maybe owning one... Haha, I feel really extremely lucky that i ended up with my Gold Hau, not to even talk about the Platinum Avohkii. I'm pretty sure that if anything that happened didn't, i can say i wouldn't have the Platinum Avohkii, the Gold Hau, Maybe... But i waited and searched as much as i could and i think my hard work, and determination has paid off. Also in case you guys were wondering, I have no connection to Lego at all, i don't even know anyone who works at lego or anything, i just followed every lead I ever got.

Thanks

MC

• Upvote 3

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

• 2 weeks later...

I had an interesting chat with a Lego employee who won't be named and I was told that all Gold Haus were given as prizes for a contest. No employee received one. This suggests that there are less in existence than we thought.

Just thought I'd share my knowledge.

• Upvote 1

Really? I didn't know that, in that case I wonder what the official number is...

Mc

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

People seem to forget that the golden Hau were given out by LEGO in multiple competitions and events. There were multiple contests in 2001 - the Quest for the Gold Masks Sweepstakes being the most remembered, along with the web design contest and other events. Many of them included the gold Hau as the grand prize. There was, in addition, an event in New York at which LEGO gave out a number of gold Hau as door prizes. Then there was the 2006 contest on the BIONICLE Heroes website that gave out another one.

Most of the ~30 Hau have probably been won by fans in contests by this point, but seeing as LEGO had held on to at least one until it was used in 2006, it stands to reason that they might have held onto and preserved another one or two.

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a place that has a gold Hau mask and showing?

I'm working on a museum solely dedicated to Bionicle, it will have everything I own in it (I'm missing only ten pieces to have the world's first and only complete collection of bionicle) including the Solid Gold Hau and the Platinum Avohkii!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC