Could Vezon or Takanuva Make An Appearance In A Rebooted BIONICLE Univ

We all know that Vezon and Takanuva took part in some universe hopping, for lack of a better term. So, could it be possible that they might have hopped into a rebooted BIONICLE universe (if Lego decides to reboot it)?

The Nerd With a Mouth. The Klingon-Speaking Comedian. The Guy Hoping Not To Get Sued By Marvel. The Guy Who Makes Jokes About Bad Creepypasta Stories. The Guy Who Also Writes About The Truth of BIONICLE...sort of.
Vezpool for president 2016

4352268.jpg

It would be an interesting strategy to start off with 2001 in a reboot but have the surprise be this isn't the main universe, and Mata Nui dies or something else different happens similar to Takanuva's journal. Just as everything is getting worse, a mysterious Toa of Light appears to help. It would be an interesting cameo, but I can't see TLG doing it.

With all the Nuva in the story (or Mata, it's hard to tell at this point), it does seem possible Takanuva would make an appearance. Vezon may have worn out his usefulness though.

• Upvote 1

That would ake things really complicated. It looks like lego is going away from that type of thing. 

I'm pretty sure that would create some massive in story issues though.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I think it could be possible, but it would probably not happen. If Lego reboots Bionicle, they would want to make it easy for new fans to jump into it. Having Takanuva, Vezon, or anyone else really from the main story come into it would probably confuse some new fans who don't know who they are, and I doubt Lego would want that.

And besides, Vezon wore out his welcome a long time ago IMO. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

If they set that up as the story frame, they'd be obligated to focus on them as the main character of the reboot, which would complicate things. You can't just start your story by throwing someone into an alternate world and then abandoning them to focus on everyone else.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

If we're talking reboots here, then I honestly can definitely still see Takanuva come back. He came into the story relatively close to Bionicle's beginning and was a character with extreme symbolic importance in the lore.

Vezon on the other hand, as much as I can say I liked him, is less sure. If this is a reboot than the only think I believe we can completely be sure of is a setting on Mata-Nui, and from there we have no idea what plans/changes will be made. It is very possible LEGO will not take the route of the Inika but instead will take inspiration from elsewhere to continue the story.

I will so happy if Takanuva's returns in the Second Coming of BIONICLE, Takanuva needs a difference origin than he put on the MOL and boom he's a Toa. Vezon in the other hand he need very difference origin liked He was a clone of Vezok thanks to Mutran.    

Personally, I thought that if this was ever going to be done, it would be a bit later, not right off the bat. We'd get to know our main characters, going through some story arcs, then perhaps introduce Takanuva or Vezon. And, now that I think about it, having Takanuva would make more sense, especially if they have him in a reboot. It allows new Takanuva to see what could happen to him, and for original Takanuva to see what could've been and just see himself differently. Granted, something like that was done in Dark Mirror, but I wish Takua and Takanuva had more interaction with each other besides exposition.

The Nerd With a Mouth. The Klingon-Speaking Comedian. The Guy Hoping Not To Get Sued By Marvel. The Guy Who Makes Jokes About Bad Creepypasta Stories. The Guy Who Also Writes About The Truth of BIONICLE...sort of.
Vezpool for president 2016

4352268.jpg

Yes, it could be possible.

However, I sincerely hope they aren't included, as Vezon in particular became an awful author's pet character during Bionicle's original run.

~B~

Basically, this. Also, I never liked Takanuva's characterization after he stopped being Takua.

- Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

Vezon and Takanuva took part in some universe hopping, for lack of a better term. So, could it be possible that they might have hopped into a rebooted BIONICLE universe (if Lego decides to reboot it)?

1) Essentially no, IMO. Takanuva owned no Olmak. He was sent to the wrong place by Brutaka's broken Olmak, and then sent to three other dimensions by other beings, two of them with an Olmak. He himself has no dimension hopping ability, and he's back in the main universe. If you try to put it before, the closest you could get was that it was said he saw glimpses of other universes during hops (he didn't actually enter any others). So at best somebody might see a strange blur, that maybe looks like another Toa... that might count as a cameo but it wouldn't really be "hopped into".

If you retcon it so he did enter another one, you're seriously stretching plausibility since unlike Vezon he had no hopping power with himself; three is already a stretch, yanno? And if you put it after (maybe with a different rate of time like was used in the Kingdom), he's got about as much chance of dimension hopping as a random Ghekula frog. (:P) You could go with the "somebody recruits him because of experience" route, but I'm not sure if that really counts as experience. He did use his wits to get back to the right universe, but that he found himself in a situation where that trick would work was really lucky.

2) Vezon is more of a yes, but only while his mask was malfunctioning, so just a cameo. Since then it's been switched off. Of course, it could get switched on again maybe (that might be how Lifer would get everybody else and maybe himself away from the collapsing building...), I suppose. But I think a lot of people are just tired of him.

Really, I hope they don't copy off of Star Trek and go with a different universe. Really, really hope they don't. There's too much potential in the one we have, and a lot of fans were annoyed/bored by the alternate dimesions thing anyways. (I kind of liked it, but it's much better for fanfics.) But hopefully that horse is mostly dead now. :P

• Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Takanuva no, Vezon possibly, but either possibility is pretty remote. If LEGO does a hard reboot, that means they want to cut off ties with the old continuity, so there probably wouldn't be any relation between the two.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Takanuva no, Vezon possibly, but either possibility is pretty remote. If LEGO does a hard reboot, that means they want to cut off ties with the old continuity, so there probably wouldn't be any relation between the two.

I think it's the other way around because I think it's more likely that Takanuva will be a 2015 set, rather than Vezon

Well, they COULD, seeing as if Lego wanted to include them there would be nothing stopping them. That said, they absolutely SHOULDN'T. Doing that would basically import one of the WORST aspects of the old Bionicle story (dimension-hopping and alternate universes) into the new canon, and would basically ruin the point of a reboot by tying the new story intrinsically to the old one.

Mind you, if a rebooted story ends up introducing its own Takanuva (alongside other returning characters), that could possibly be done well. But tying the new story to the old Bionicle's overly-complex multiverse would make me lose a lot of faith in a reboot.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think Takanuva said that if he had the chance, he would re-visit the alt. universes to see how everyone is doing.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I think it's the other way around because I think it's more likely that Takanuva will be a 2015 set, rather than Vezon

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of how plausible it is story-wise. Takanuva can't dimension hop on his own.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Really, I hope they don't copy off of Star Trek and go with a different universe. Really, really hope they don't. There's too much potential in the one we have, and a lot of fans were annoyed/bored by the alternate dimesions thing anyways.

Yeah, that describes me, and I'm among the people who appreciates how J.J. Abrams rebooted Star Trek. I feel as though establishing an alternate timeline is better than invalidating and rewriting established canon, as they've now done with Star Wars. Of course, Star Trek tripped over its own retcon when they cast Khan as both British and not Ricardo Montalban from 40 years ago, but that, at least, has nothing to do with the manner in which they rebooted the franchise...

Of course, I'm also one of the few people here who hopes they do a hard reboot and abandon everything that's come previously, but that's because I didn't particularly enjoy most of the story the first time around- partly because of pointless alternate dimensions and the characters hopping between them! Vezon, in particular, was one character I could never get into, and so- speculation and hypothisizing aside- I, personally, hope he doesn't make an appearance.

- Heir

Edited by Heir of the Chronicler

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

Personally I thought Vezon was great originally -- the problem is all that missed villain potential. He was turned into a sort of good guy, which was interesting, but still, not as great storytelling as it could have been. Vezon 06 was awesome though. He makes a great unpredictable antagonist, but not a good protagonist IMO.

Then again, they may have felt he would be too much like a steal of Joker that way. :shrugs:

Edit:

By the way, another huge problem with any version of a hard reboot is that we spent so much time being told the timeline we had was the "Core Dimension" -- everything else branched off of that. Any other timeline would just be one of infinite random other possibilities, so it would be hard to understand why anything they picked would be what we would be emotionally invested in. Star Trek had already been filled with gobs of alternates and there was no clear "core"; the universe they followed previously was just what they happened to follow. And the new one tied emotionally into that with the time travel, but that's both been done, and also technically against Bionicle's story rules (so far). Doing a reboot without calling it just another dimension would invalidate all of that, and that would only anger old fans who liked what we had.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)