Bionicle Games you never finished?

Recently some friends of mine who never completed MNOG just played it through, also all my data from my old copy of BIONICLE Heroes was wiped when I was 3/4ths through the game as I recall. I, having never finished MNOG 2, am trying to find time to complete it. Also I never completed VNOG.

So my question to you is: What Bionicle games have you never finished or even played? What tips do you have for those still finishing an old game?

Edited by MataNuiFilms

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Of the console games, I've finished them all, with the exception of Matoran adventures. It's the only one I never truly liked, It always seemed like a bad game for me. In the beginning, i didn't like Maze of Shadows either, but when I played, I couldn't stop playing. So good ! My favorite one is Bionicle the Game.

Now, about Online Games, I never really enjoyed the majority of them, with the exception of MNOG, of course. I think the only ones I've finished were the Toa Mahri games and MNOG, and recently I (finally  :P) completed MNOG 2.

All of them. I failed to finish either MNOG, either Bionicle: The Game game (my PC at the time couldn't run it very well, and the GBA game had the worst controls in the universe and also I still can't beat it cause its so confusing and clunky), Maze of Shadows for the GBA was super long and I think I eventually got stuck or just didnt have time (the marathon battling mode was awesome though I spent days on it at a time). The Voya Nui Online Game was just like, a bit buggy and I just didn't finish it, and that goes for like all the browser games. The Galtorian Arena games were just kinda boring to me. Never got a chance to play Heroes, which is disappointing.

My tips for these games? Do not bother with anything besides MNOGs cause you will cry bitter tears eventually :P

Edited by Pomegranate

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

MNOG II, as Makaru said.

Too glitchy, too boring, and I really don't want to watch Hahli walk across the screen every time I want to go somewhere.

The Biomedia Project's version is actually totally playable. But yeah, having hahli walk around the whole island is super duper boring, not to mention that annoying economic system. They thought that adding more complex mechanics to the game would be a good thing, but never realized that the simplicity of the original MNOG is what made it so great.

Edited by HoloTheWise
  • Upvote 1

I have a 100% save file for Bionicle heroes which I did when I was 9 since I'm a completionist. I haven't bothered playing any other bionicle games because as a gamer they look kinda mediocre. Even Heroes is a slightly better then okay game for me.

I've beaten MNOG all they way as a kid and used to to play the flash games as a kid. Never really got play MNOG2 because it always glitched me in a black screen with hahli.

All of them. :P Well, almost. I did beat the VNOG, twice. But otherwise I only really tried Bionicle the Game, where I failed in Ta-Wahi due to the platforming incompetence of ten-year-old me, and the MNOGII, which I lost all data for twice because of game-breaking bugs.

~B~

I never finished 'Bionicle: The Game' as my PC was an ancient relic. Ran at about 5 frames per second. With serious persistance, I got to the minecart level, only for the track not to load so you couldn't see when there was an obstacle to dodge, or a lightstone to collect. That was the sorry end of Pohatu Nuva and his buddy.

I'm still in the process of finishing BIONICLE: The Game (PC version) but I haven't played it in a few years, so I don't know when, or if, I'll finish it. I actually finished like 99% of MNOG 2 but never finished it completely because I had to get one more thing from the snowy wastelands and I was afraid I'd get lost there permanently, so I never did. Also, Matoran Escape continues to be a very frustrating game, as is Agori Defender. Never finished either of them.

I should get started on VNOG someday, I always gave up so quickly on it...

You know, come to think of it. I've never finished the majority of the BIONICLE games released :P

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

None of them besides MNOLG. MNOLG was the perfect length and interesting enough to play to capture my interest. MNOLG II and VNOLG just turned into grinds. Can't beat Onu-Koro? Well, wander all over the island, trading and gathering skills for days, and guess what, you still can't beat Onu-Koro! VNOLG just got repetitious, as I'd go back to Garan's hideout after a scouting mission, just look at the Piraka base, and then he'd be like "interesting, now go back there and see if there's a way in." Really. You couldn't have told me that before?

I never had a Gameboy, but I'm sure I would have finished those games if I did. They sound fun enough.

I only ever got the demo of Bionicle Heroes and never had any desire to keep playing. The demo wasn't bad, but after watching the recent playthrough of it, I realize the game is a FPS designed for six year olds. You have plenty of health, overpowered weapons, wimpy enemies, and Hero Mode making you totally invincible 90% of the time (especially if you have to get every single stud like I do). 

Honestly, none of the games (besides MNOLG and maybe Bionicle; The Game) were all that great. They just turned into awful grinds repeating the exact same thing in a different place, hoping to get to the next one.

Does the Voya Nui board game count? I did finish that. :P

I never finished the second MNOLG. Back when it was available on the official site, this was because of a glitch that left Hahli unable to escape a screen outside Ta-Koro. I know there are other versions available now, but I have better things to do with my time than play such a tedious and boring game. The complaints will be familiar - insanely long-winded chores and resource/item work, slow and extremely difficult Kohlii matches, having to watch Hahli plod from one side of the area to the other on almost every screen, lack of atmosphere, no action or danger, etc. It's just a very poorly structured game.

I played a bit of the Voya Nui game but it didn't grab my interest enough for me to play it much further.

I've played most of them. I've only ever beaten MNOG and the Tales of the tohunga. It was a glitchy mess but I really enjoyed that game for some reason.

I don't remember ever beating any of the others. 

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I never got around to finishing any of the Galtorian Arena Games. Other than that, I finished all the online games and BIONICLE: The game. Haven't started any other PC/Console games.

I never got around to finish The Legend of Mata Nui.

Um, what?

This The Legend of Mata Nui?

BIONICLE_The_Legend_of_Mata_Nui_Box_Art.

Do you have a copy?

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder

Are signatures still a thing?

I only own a few Bionicle games. They are Bionicle Heroes and Bionicle: The Game for the Gamecube, Bionicle: Maze of Shadows for the GBA, and another GBA Bionicle game that I don't remember the name of. I managed to beat all of them, though I've never gotten 100% on Heroes.

I've never played the MNOG and VNOG games. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Well i have Bionicle the game on PC and i never finished that, and im currently working through getting 100% on Bionicle Heroes, and am currently on around 85% with only two Gamerscore achievements left on Xbox 360

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

VNOG/MNOG 2

Can you guys give me links to these games, please?

Well i have Bionicle the game on PC and i never finished that, and im currently working through getting 100% on Bionicle Heroes, and am currently on around 85% with only two Gamerscore achievements left on Xbox 360

How good is the PC Game?

Favorite Film of All Time: Fight Club

Favorite Television Show of all Time: The X-Files

Favorite LEGO Franchise of all Time: BIONICLE

Favorite BIONICLE year of all time: 2006

76561198042260869.png

MNOGII, and those 2 GBA games. I didn't know what to do with the 2 seeds in the one with Takua, and I kept dying in Po-Wahi on the 2D sidescrolling one.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

VNOG/MNOG 2

Can you guys give me links to these games, please?

How good is the PC Game?

You can download the games or play them directly on the BioMedia Project website.

You asked randomreviewerbros but I hope you don't mind me inputting my opinion on it:

It's a decent game IMO. It's got alright gameplay, finnicky controls, doesn't feel too repetitive, is a bit short, is a massacre to canon, has a fantastic soundtrack and a pretty good graphics-performance ratio. I played through it twice and probably will again in the future. It's quite fun to play a couple times but beyond that there's not much replay value other than catching all the lightstones.

For the longest time I hadn't finished BIONICLE: The Game.  Originally I got stuck on Tahu's Bohrok level, then Gali's Bohrok Kal level, then the final Makuta fight (difficult to see what's going on when your monitor doesn't show the color red, woo ancient CRT) but eventually we got a new monitor and I was able to complete it.

(I thought the scenery and music in MNOLG II made traveling around worthwhile and enjoyable, though VNOLG I had to complete in segments over time.)

I only ever tried "Stop the Morbuzakh" once, and I found it annoying, so there's that.

I got pretty far once in Matoran Escape, but I can't remember if I completed it.  Same for Inika Island Assault.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Technically me and my brother finished them all, except for Tales of the Tohunga, Bionicle: The Game, Bionicle Heroes, and (infamously) the Toa Mahri games. There was no way to beat Kongu's, and we never figured out how to hit the cord to shatter it.   

As for me, I never really finished Piraka Attack, Inika Island Assault, Matoran Escape (despite cheating), and MNOG 2 - I bribed my bro to finish them instead. I had trouble with the Phantoka/Mistika  games as well but I think I ended up finishing them in the end. I cheated my way through VNOG (magic teleportation and super-powered weapons FTW :)). 

Also, Matoran Escape continues to be a very frustrating game, as is Agori Defender. Never finished either of them.

You need to go play a few rounds of Bloons Tower Defense 5 and come back to appreciate how easy that game is. I'll grant you that it can be challenging even if you understand the game mechanics, but it's not really that hard if you play it a few times to figure it out. Hint: you can move the towers, which is something BTD5 doesn't allow. :)

I tried Bionicle: The Game once, but I never really continued with it. I did beat Bionicle Heroes though, but my save corrupted, so I didn't 100% it. I played VNOG when I was younger, got to about Chapter 5, and got bored and stopped. Haven't beat it legit since then, but I used the cheats to teleport through to all the good bits, get the Nui Blaster, turn into a tree, become a God in Bionicle form, that sort of thing a few weeks ago. Never really played most of the other games, although I did do that multiplayer Hordika and Visorahk one, I was more into Junkbot and The Nightfall Incident.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

I tried Bionicle: The Game once, but I never really continued with it. I did beat Bionicle Heroes though, but my save corrupted, so I didn't 100% it. I played VNOG when I was younger, got to about Chapter 5, and got bored and stopped. Haven't beat it legit since then, but I used the cheats to teleport through to all the good bits, get the Nui Blaster, turn into a tree, become a God in Bionicle form, that sort of thing a few weeks ago. Never really played most of the other games, although I did do that multiplayer Hordika and Visorahk one, I was more into Junkbot and The Nightfall Incident.

You can turn into a tree in VNOG?