Where would BIONICLE be without extradimensional travel?

What would happen if extradimensional travel never happened in the story? Would it change drasticly? Would it make a difference against Teridax's plan against Mata Nui? Or would it make no difference but make the story much longer and/or interesting?

I think that, if Brutaka's mask wasn't involved with alternate dimensions, it would make a great difference in the story. The ability to travel to alternate realities can be rather confusing and/or strange to newcomers to the story. By ignoring travel to alternate dimensions, the story can give a different insight. However, this is just my opinion.

Any thoughts on the mind?

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

Dimensional travelling wasn't ever a hugely integrated part of the storyline plot. Much of it was side-story, such as Takanuva's journey.

While perhaps removing dimensional travel would make things less confusing for those of us who are big theorists and story analysts, I don't think it's too difficult for newcomers if they don't think too hard on it. :P

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Nah, the alternate dimensions weren't integral to the story as a whole. They were used to explore some pretty interesting concepts and themes, though, and for that reason alone I would keep them.

• Upvote 3

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I really can't think of an example where the overall story really has an important feature that comes from an alternate dimension. I enjoyed the Toa Empire, and the dimension where Matoro failed, but I really don't think they were vital to the story. I would still have preferred it if dimensional travel wasn't part of the story. It would just allow less room for confusion.

They're not integral for the story, they could've used some other method to get Takanuva to Karda Nui. That said, I love alternate dimensions in Bionicle. It explores so many different scenarios like the Kingdom where Matoro doesn't sacrifice himself, the Melding in Brothers in Arms, the Toa Empire where Tuyet succeeds, etc. It makes the story so much bigger and opens up a giant amount of fanfiction possibilities, like a universe where the Piraka beat the Inika.

Nope, never thought that the alternate universes were important to the main story. They were, however, pretty interesting and I like when they give us an "What if ?" scenario. I particullary love The Toa Empire. The only important thing it did was adding flying power to Takanuva.

• Upvote 1

Why does everyone hate the alternate universe? They are amazing!

The only reason people may think it makes everything 'too confusing', is because they obviously never took the time to read all the serials/a couple books , and the sort, and instead probably just read the character pages and saw something they didn't know about and couldn't understand because they never READ THE SERIALS!

It's real simple. Takanuva gets sent through a portal created by a broken Olmak, he goes to City of Silver, helps out the city-building creatures, goes to the Kingdom, helps defeat Teridax, and then went to the Toa Empire and took part in an epic revolution.

Then there are the Vezon ones which are all explained in one serial.

Point is, just read the serial, they're fun to read.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I agree with everything that has been said involving the Bionicle story not changing at all if the extra-dimensional travel was removed.

I still have to disagree with the people who don't like the AU's, I honestly thought they were quite enjoyable (would be better if they were written with more care but what we got is what we got).

• Upvote 1

I also enjoy alternate universes, but I often wonder how the main story and the alternates would function if characters from other dimensions didn't cross over. Sort of like taking the main universe Takanuva out of the Kingdom universe and wondering what would happen without that Takanuva.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

I also enjoy alternate universes, but I often wonder how the main story and the alternates would function if characters from other dimensions didn't cross over. Sort of like taking the main universe Takanuva out of the Kingdom universe and wondering what would happen without that Takanuva.

-Tomdroidser

Ah, I see now. Well, for the most part, Dark Mirror seems to be the only one that could significantly change. If Takanuva hadn't helped, the Empire could've won and continued being as ruthless as ever.

As for the Kingdom, I'm sure there would've been casualties but in the end I feel like Makuta would've been killed eventually (you gotta admit, he was kind of a push-over, he got all big and strong but he was no longer cunning, he was just an empty shell of his former self) and there would've been Space Barnicles or whatever they planned on doing to survive.

The alt. universe Vultraz and Mazeka visited wouldn't change much to my knowledge, but you never know. The discovery of Vultraz could've changed things around a bit.

But to be honest the alternate universes wouldn't even be known to us, and the main universe would be all that matters. So there's no particular need to imagine things differently for those universes. After all, they're there to imagine things differently for the main one.

I don't think Bionicle would've changed too much if alternate dimensions weren't used in its story. Even though I did enjoy Dark Mirror and The Kingdom, I can see the official Bionicle story without other dimensions. Other ways could've been found for Takanuva to obtain his Power Lance, Midak Skyblaster, and ability to fly back in 2008.

However, if the story didn't have them, Light Teridax probably wouldn't have come to be. And he is one of the great things to come out of Bionicle's alternate dimensions. But aside from him, Bionicle would've been fine without the other dimensions.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png