What would you like to change about BZPower if Bionicle comes back?

fishers64

An updated front page. Not a different looking one, but one that is fixed for lack of a better term. (Like the member spotlight or top ten list, to name two examples.)

I also wouldn't mind seeing more activity in all the Forums if Bionicle did come back. Though that's a given if it indeed happens. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I like our front page. It carries nostalgia and I don't think we should try and completely change everything. Would like the Top 10 topics and Premier Members section restored, though.

Wouldn't mind seeing several Bionicle subforums (Sets, Collectibles, etc..) return.

• Upvote 2

I like our front page. It carries nostalgia and I don't think we should try and completely change everything. Would like the Top 10 topics and Premier Members section restored, though.

The problem with the front page is that, while it's nostalgic for those of us who consider it the front page of our respective childhoods, it's not likely to attract any new members because it literally hasn't been updated in a decade. As much as we may enjoy it, we have to present a front page that looks decent enough that a first glance reveals "okay, this site is still active." We don't need to change the layout much, if at all.

Truth be told, the front page debate broils down to this: we either satisfy members who want to feel its eminent nostalgia or we bolster it for the future. I'm in the first group, but the needs of the site force me to support the second.

• Upvote 5

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Top 10 Hot Topics list to be active again

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I'd like theme options for the appearance of the forum. Maybe something in red, pink, and other pomegranatey colors? :P

But yeah, different colors for the forum would be really neat. The blue is so calming. What if we wanna go on BZP and get super pumped up about Bionicle with bright oranges and yellows burning out of our screens? 

• Upvote 2

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

More members. Like, way back in the day amount of members. The amount of members the old site had.

We in fact have even more members than the site had back in the day. What we need is a larger base of active members.

I've seen a lot of members returning as the news of a possible return of BIONICLE has sifted through the rest of the Internet. I wouldn't be surprised if many more old names return to the forum by this time next year.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

New frontpage, new everything, really. The site needs to undergo a massive overhaul even if it means we won't be able to access it for a few days. I saw we wait for the new Bionicle next year, then revamp the entire website to fit the colour scheme that's used, that way we have the best chance of drawing in new members. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

New frontpage, new everything, really. The site needs to undergo a massive overhaul even if it means we won't be able to access it for a few days. I saw we wait for the new Bionicle next year, then revamp the entire website to fit the colour scheme that's used, that way we have the best chance of drawing in new members. 

i can understand updating the front page (if nothing else just updating what doesn't work on there anymore), but everything else has already been updated before and that was a long arduous process that we don't really need to undergo again (like, this forum has basically everything most other forums have, if not more... a little sterile in design, but that's my only complaint and it's only a personal complaint since i get critical about this sort of color scheme in rooms >.>;; ). 

though if i was to change -anything- hmmm... like, if it were feasible, some more forum designs would be pretty cool to choose from... or like... mmm... some more contests would be pretty cool? dunno if there just have been a bunch in the library forums i didn't notice, or something, but those and art contests and blog contests and cot contests would be kinda nifty. (i do get they take a -lot- of work and time, im just being all wishful here). 

• Upvote 1

an entirely new set of staff, everyone here is loser nerds and clearly have not contributed to keeping the forums alive and well even after five years of what should have technically killed this site

(I want a better set database and a thriving comedies forum)

• Upvote 11

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Yeah, I'd rather just keep the main page the way it is for the most part. It's more or less stayed the same for years, and I'd hate to see it turn into something unrecognizable.

All they should do to the main page is fix all the broken links.

Most of the time if something has stayed the same for years, it either means it has lasting efficiency, or people are so averse to change they won't allow even a beneficial change to happen.

Considering the front page is a security risk as it is now, it's definitely not the former. The latter is insidious, because it keeps things from ever getting better for the sake of appealing to nostalgia. If new members are going to come to this site, we should probably make it look less like it was abandoned in 2003.

The front page can certainly have a similar aesthetic to what it has now, but an overhaul at this point would be more beneficial than harmful.

• Upvote 1

Considering the front page is a security risk as it is now, it's definitely not the former. The latter is insidious, because it keeps things from ever getting better for the sake of appealing to nostalgia. If new members are going to come to this site, we should probably make it look less like it was abandoned in 2003.

Of course the main page isn't efficient. I'm pretty sure the entire right sidebar doesn't have a single working link.

Aside from fixing those stupid links and resurrecting old aspects such as the Hot Topics and the Member Spotlight, I wouldn't want them to change a single thing out of nostalgia. Yes, I'm that stupid and close-minded. I like the way the front page looks like it's from ten years ago; it reflects the site's age and humble beginnings.

If it really is that big of a security risk, then of course changes should be made. But I'd like them to keep a redesigned page as true to the original as they can.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

The front page is something a lot of people have said, and I can definitely agree with that. But most of us probably agree that this should happen whether or not BIONICLE comes back. The current front page is broken. :P

Beyond that... I dunno. It probably depends on whether you're talking about staff-created site changes or changes in the actual userbase. As far as staff-created changes are concerned, the main page is at the top of my list. Other than that (and some other random maintenance issues like the quiz rankings being broken), I'm mostly happy with the site as-is. I know some people want us to have a sets database, but to be honest I find it difficult to picture one that really measures up to the Brickset database.

In terms of userbase changes, I'd love for more people to realize and take advantage of the versatility of the CCBS (Character and Creature Building System). I still see a lot of misconceptions floating around about it on this site... the idea that it's more simplistic than classic BIONICLE building, or that everything built with it looks the same (ironically, these first two criticisms are things that the greater AFOL community has been saying about BIONICLE for years), or that it can't be used effectively with Technic building styles, or that the only way to use it creatively is to mix it with older BIONICLE parts.

I'd also love for the Library and Artwork subforums to experience a renaissance, even though I don't spend a lot of time there anymore. I'd especially love to see more VARIETY of creative expression in the community — not just writing and drawing and building, but also lots more original animation and music and plushies and sculpture and jewelry and cosplay! Since joining the brony community, I have a profound sense of just how much the LEGO community currently lacks in terms of creative expression. BIONICLE fans like us already stepped ahead of the wider LEGO fan community when it came to things like fan art and fan fiction. I'm sure we could advance even further if we can channel our enthusiasm for the new BIONICLE into something other than the usual fare.

• Upvote 4

Front page.

This site is like a room that's filled with candy and life's joys, but they're behind a really decayed old wooden door with a sticky doorknob that people would not be incluned to touch.

• Upvote 6

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

• 2 weeks later...

an entirely new set of staff, everyone here is loser nerds and clearly have not contributed to keeping the forums alive and well even after five years of what should have technically killed this site

(I want a better set database and a thriving comedies forum)

if you stretch out "hire" and add a t in front it kind of maybe sounds like "tyler." this is my destiny

(anyway no for real - some new blood in the OTC forum would be p swell, and i would do unholy things for the library to come back in full gale force)

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

A new front page, security wise, is absolutely essential. It's basically a backdoor into the site at this point. Advertising wise, it needs to be updated to bring in new members and has to feel fresh to capture their attention. I think rejuvenate the forums as well, make them more Bionicle-centric like we did with Hero Factory and Lego in General. Actually put some effort into rejuvenating the gaming forums like RPGs. Revive the Comedies and Epics sections, rejuvenate the CoT RPGs. Generally variate the content we offer as a website. Perhaps more contests? Advertising on websites, or just having people spread the word around would do wonders for increasing the volume of the site and bringing attention to Bionicle's return.

Other than that, FIX THE FRONT PAGE. That is absolutely necessary with Bionicle coming back.

• Upvote 1

Maybe update the front page so the Talkback links send you to the thread instead of the sub-forum. Also have the top 10 hot topics again? (There is bound to be tons of activity in 2015 with Bionicle's return). 

And maybe just a makeover. I love the main site but it's been like that for years. The forums look completely different now, so maybe a makeover is necessary? Plus, the set database, timeline, gallery stuff is really outdated so...

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

We could have a different Bionicle mask representing each different subforum. And yes, if possible we should update a bit the front page to show that a new era is about to begin.

I don't know about a different mask for each subforum, but it would be neat if individual subforums had unique skins like on Eurobricks (Yes, I know a lot of people here don't like Eurobricks, but being able to tell at a glance which subforum you were in would be kind of cool).

Of course, the main page is obviously a much higher priority.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother