Favorite Toa Form?

Banana Gunz

Toa Body Builds Prefferences  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, over the course of Bionicle's life, we've gotten several toa body types ranging from the mata to... well Tahu's disgusting agori thing, if that abomination even counts.

Toa are the central characters of Bionicle so what style is the most appealing to you? Which looks the best? Which has the most pose ability/functionality? Which is your least favorite? Why? So many question marks?

Edited by Banana Gunz

1. It was tie between Mata/Nuva, Metru, and Inika builds, but I went with the Mata/Nuva. 

2. The Stars form. Its the only one I'd say that I dislike. I liked all the others, even the Hordika to an extent.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm sorry but yet again i have to pick the Hordika because they were just so different, their builds were basically the prototype for the Inika builds but still tried to have at least one gear function like the four years of sets before them.

And i obviously chose the Stars as my least favorite, because they were just Avtoran builds and were so easy to make

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Ironically enough I selected the Inika build for both my most and least favorite. :P

The design was great because it achieved full articulation. But it killed the creative and gear designs, and became overused. It has both a high and low compatibility with MOCs; there is a good amount of pin holes, making it easy to build around. But is hardly worth anything for those who make custom creations with a higher degree of detail in torso designs.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

I have to say, I really like the Metru/Hagah building system. With some modifications, you can create very poseable, really good looking models that can stand out while all having a similar body type. Plus, I kind of see that Toa style being the most common in the Bionicle Universe, as many of the Toa we've seen from across the Bionicle universe had a body type the same or similar to them.

I'm surprised to see how some chose the Hordika as their least favorite builds. I find that in comparison to the Stars, they weren't the worst. I'll admit they weren't great (or good for that matter :P ), but they still had some pretty cool features, like having good pose ability, a launcher function built in, a regular weapon function built in, a unique design. The Stars Tahu toa build, was plain, un-pose able, lacking in pieces, and overall un-attractive. Though, I can still see why many don't like the Hordika, they were just odd and poorly made, and didn't even completely match what the year was advertising them to be. 

My favorite is definitely the Metru/Hagah. I have to say I love the Mata/Nuva build because it was the first and original, the Metru build has functions, pose ability, and look good/proportional overall. The Hagah were even better than the Metru because they actually had extra armor layered on their chests and shoulders (the metru already had armor there but it blended in with the rest of the body, making them almost mono-colored).

The Inika weren't as bad as they are made out to be but they were large, disproportionate, and overused. They also lacked anything to keep them particularly exciting, except for their versatility and ability to be customized easily.

I love stars!

• Upvote 2

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I picked Inika, since I assume that engulfs Mahri, which is my favorite Toa generation. 

I don't particularly dislike any of the Bionicle sets, but Stars is my least favorite of them all. But, I'd rather have a bunch of Stars than no Bionicles at all. 

bZpOwEr

Honestly the Metru/Hagah body is my favorite. It's highly versatile and poseable yet has gear functions.

The Hordika body comes in last by far. I'm sorry but I can't describe it without saying it's just plain ugly.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

Favorite: The Toa Metru. They were my first sets, and they were just so dang cool.

Least favorite: Stars. I don't even need to explain

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

Is Toa Inika also referring to Toa Mahri?

Yeah, it's not so much the Toa team, but rather their body build style. For example: The Inika, Mahrii, Mistika, and Phantoka sets all used the Inika build, whereas the Metru build was exclusive to the Hagah and Metru.

Mata/Nuva was my favorite build style, mostly because of the good-fitting shoulder armor, hip/shoulder joints as sockets instead of balls, and the cool parts.

I liked the Stars for their arm/chest armor and feet. Maybe Tahu for his sword. Besides that, I hated them. Curse the Avtoran build!

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I really like the Metru toa form. You had the right amount of flexible limbs, and it included gear functions as well! I know it's not a big deal for most people, but it was kind of cool to see the gears move underneath their breast plate armor.

Least favorite? What do you think? The Stars. It is like they never tried! :(

The Metru were by far the best, they looked great from every angle and had great proportions, the Hordika on the other hand were very ugly and had an overall warped shape, which I suppose makes sense storywise but it was the only Toa group I didn't feel obligated to collect. The Stars are the second worse only because they at least had better form and structure despite being Av-Matoran clones.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)