Set Review: 76022 X-Men vs The Sentinel

X-Men vs The Sentinel Teaser Image

If there was any Marvel franchise that needed more LEGO love, it was the X-Men. And finally they've delivered, with this summer's 76022: X-Men vs The Sentinel! It features some of our favorite characters, as well as the evil Sentinel and the Blackbird jet! And BZPower Reporter Xccj is going to review it. Is this a set worth sinking your claws into, or should you just storm off and forget about it? Read on to find out.

View the full article

• Upvote 2

I didn't know that this is only the second Lego X-Men set to be released so far. I would've thought that there would be more than that by now.

But anyway, I'm not big fan how the Sentinels look in this set. The Blackbird and minifigs still look good though.

Thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I think it's funny how they put Wolverine in his yellow costume. Obviously, Bryan Singer hates those costumes, but I guess Lego wants the character to be recognizable.

Well, none of the X-Men sets are explicitly based on the movies (they can't be, since the X-Men movies are not part of the Marvel license), so the X-Men sets have a far greater tendency to stick close to the comic designs than most other Marvel sets. Of course, the character choices seem to be at least partially inspired by whichever movie is current (such as the Sentinel in this one, which released during the build-up to Days of Future Past, or Deadpool in the earlier set which may have been intended to tie in with X-Men Origins in some small way).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother