Small Bionicle creation

Vspinax

Hi!

This is a small Bionicle figure with a howerboard I made about a year ago. There isn't too much to say about it, I bought a Boxor set on Ebay a while back, but a lot of the pieces were wrong/missing, so I mixed it with whatever I could find on my desk and and ended up with this!

The main structure of both the board and the figure is a bit wierd, but its mostly solid, stable and looks pretty much ok, so I'm pretty happy about the final result.

I like to pretend that the figure is Nuparu as a sort of mix between a Turaga and a Toa, partly because I really like Nuparu, but also because both he and the board uses a lot of the pieces from the Boxor set, as well as it has Nuparus shield and Lasers.

Please let me know what you think, Also come with feedbacks!  :D

(I couldn't figure out how to add pictures without them being incredibly huge, so you can wiev them HERE!)

EDIT: New link, but same pictures.

Edited by TurteX
  • Upvote 2

-  :t: :u: :r: :t: :e: :x:

Check out my photostream at Flickr!

I came in here expecting a gigantic Titan about half of your height. I expected mass detail enough to make you think the creation was alive. I expected so much that I've dreamed of in an MOC, yet I saw something even better. I saw a small Nuparu on a hover board. It looked so fine. I could imagine its speed as it raced through an imaginary environment. I saw the Zamor launcher. Such a great touch; play features are never a bad thing. And last of all: Nuparu's dynamic pose. The pose gave me chills; how heroic it looked. This hover board had exceeded my expectations, proving it to be a well-crafted work of art. You've done a good job.

mindeth the cobwebs

Thank you so much! Reading a reply like that makes me really happy!  :D

I agree that the pose is really nice, it make him feel kind of alive. Also I'm glad I added the zamor launcher, it gives the board a little more depth. It's fully functional to!

Another thing that is interesting is that it seems like you imagine him in the same way as I do. Heroic, surfing in high speed.

Thanks! I'm pretty happy about the board, and I did actually have the Toa Ignika's board in the back of my head when adding many of the details. I'm not quite sure what you ment with the last thing you said, but I think he fit pretty well on the board.

I see you took inspiration from the Ignika board and the Mahri Nui Matoran, it looks okay, but could use a little more adjusting here and there ;)

when building the rider I did want it to be Nuparu, but his Toa Mahri form was to huge, so I drew inspiration from the Mahri Nui Matoran's look. I know both the board and Nuparu could have a few adjustions, especially the board. When I started putting the pieces together I had no idea it would end up being a board, so it's base structure is kind of terriple in my opinion. it just have the large decoration pieces and wires to cover it up. If you want to mention anything specific, I could try do something about it  ^_^

It's really neat. He looks a lot like Nuparu, and the board is rather interesting as well.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it! :)