Why is Botar still stuck on the Red Star?

I like to think that the reviving dead characters power of the Red Star is non-canon. :P

But since it is part of the story, I don't know for sure. When the Red Star was in orbit, it may have been too great a distance for him teleport back with his teleportation powers alone. Its also possible that the materials that made up the Red Star prevented him from teleporting out, similar to how the walls of Karda Nui kept the Makuta from teleporting in and out of the core. 

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I go to Official Red Star Topic.

I use browser Find tool to search "Botar".

Now what if someone with teleportation powers (like Brutaka with a functional Olmak or Botar) died could they escape the Red Star back to the Matoran Universe?
Arguably, yes

So does that mean Botar was too damaged to be saved by the Red Star?
No, it simply means that either a ) he reappeared someplace we have not seen him yet, or ...b ) He was sufficiently messed up by the experience of dying and coming back that he doesn't know where he is and isn't focusing on getting back.

Does option B often happen to people? How aware are they of their circumstances?
Well, the folks encountered on the red star thus far did not seem too together to me.

Q) …If Botar has the power of teleportation, then how come he didn't just teleport off the red star when he died?
A) Could have been a range issue, but more likely, the fact that returnees on the red star seem to be pretty disoriented. So he may not have felt confident about making that long a jump without being able to see where he was teleporting to -- and he couldn't do it as a series of short jumps.
  • Upvote 5

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The Red Star sounds like the Bionicle version of heaven, what's the Bionicle version of ######? Is Bionicle ###### Karzahni?

Edit: Please stay on-topic; this is barely related to this topic's specific question.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

I like to think that Botar found all the folks he had dispatched of over the years on the Red Star and got freaked out by that.

Botar takes people to the Pit. He doesn't kill them - that's Tobduk who does that.

But I'm sure that at least some of the Pit prisoners could easily have ended up on the Star at some point. :P

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

The Red Star sounds like the Bionicle version of heaven, what's the Bionicle version of ######? Is Bionicle ###### Karzahni?

No, the Red Star is definitely the farthest thing from heaven. Being trapped with a bunch of half-dead, insane maniacs along with a bunch of cold-blooded managers that routinely dissect the place's occupants sounds far, far from any sort of heaven. 

• Upvote 4

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351