BIONICLE Nuva: Magnetic Mania

Jam Pot Studios

Having taken quite a lengthy hiatus from doing BIONICLE animations (most of which, back in the day, sucked) some friends finally convinced me to work on some scripts I've been sitting on. Without further ado...

thumbnail.jpg

Click for Magnetic Mania

If you've seen those Bohrok Kal MNOG-style animations, you'll get this. Just a little joke turned into a skit. While it's by no means perfect, and some of the footage I shot ended up being unusuable due to lighting conditions, I'm overall pretty pleased with this, especially considering I haven't animated a BIONICLE for years.

Thanks to Ids5621 for voicing Hewkii at the last minute!

As for the rest of this series...I've been writing some more episodes, and it looks like it'll end up being six, stretched out from here to January, though that's no guarantee, since I'm working on about a million projects at once. The next episode, The Suva Scuffle (which is, to me, better than Magnetic Mania, thanks to a butt-kicking Hau Nuva effect) will be out in the next week, maybe two weeks, and I'll post that to BZP when it hits the net.

If you have any feedback or suggestions, or things you'd like to see in a future short, feel free to post them! Like I said, I can't guarantee I'll even get to the end of this 'series', but I hope to, whether BIONICLE comes back in 2015 or not. BIONICLE has been a huge influence on me as I've developed as a writer and filmmaker, so it's only natural for me to come full circle.

-Jam Pot

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

On a side note, I'd be happy to lend my vocals for later projects if you should ever need it.

Sure! Though I haven't put up a real casting call for any of Nuva, I'm always scouting for new voices for my animations. Do you have a demo somewhere I can listen to?

Edited by Jam Pot

, and Avengers Tower!

burning_logo.jpg

On a side note, I'd be happy to lend my vocals for later projects if you should ever need it.

Sure! Do you have a demo somewhere I can take a gander at?

Not currently, I don't. I might be able to whip something up quick enough, though. Are there any specific characters you might need voices for?

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Out of the Toa Nuva, I'm still looking for an Onua, Gali and possibly Kopaka (though I may have him sorted). Vakama pops up later, as do Kopeke, and possibly Hahli and Kailani. There might be some generic Ta-Matoran too. Makuta and the other villain are pretty much sorted, too. That's basically it; I can't think of any other Nuva characters right now, but I'm also on the lookout for potential voices for future Lego brickfilms (since I do more of them than I do Bionicle).

If you can put something together, please send it to me via PM.

Really nice work! Animation was slick, the lighting was top-notch. Not crazy about Pohatu's voice, but I'm definitely not one to talk considering my own take on the character.  :P Looking forward to Suva Shuffle!

Yeah, I ended up just voicing him myself in the end (as you can no doubt tell). Thing is, Pohatu's voice is MoL was a bit too much like an announcer or a radio ad voice-over, so I sort of mentally discounted him. But even now, I can't settle on how I think Pohatu should sound - Onua always struck me as being the really deep-voiced one (I guess MoL got that right!).

Edited by Jam Pot

, and Avengers Tower!

burning_logo.jpg

Out of the Toa Nuva, I'm still looking for an Onua, Gali and possibly Kopaka (though I may have him sorted). Vakama pops up later, as do Kopeke, and possibly Hahli and Kailani. There might be some generic Ta-Matoran too. Makuta and the other villain are pretty much sorted, too. That's basically it; I can't think of any other Nuva characters right now, but I'm also on the lookout for potential voices for future Lego brickfilms (since I do more of them than I do Bionicle).

If you can put something together, please send it to me via PM.

Will do. Me being a dude and all, the female characters may be off the list of things I can do. :P I think I can manage Onua and Kopaka. What sort of voice do you need for Kopeke?

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Not sure. I think Kopeke's probably just a normal guy, though Ko-Matoran always have that frosty edge to them (pun intended). He doesn't need to be crazy, like a Vezon or a Matau.

, and Avengers Tower!

burning_logo.jpg

That was pretty funny! I loved how you blended smooth animation with MNOG backgrounds.

Thanks. I spent ages deliberating beforehand over whether to create a more lifelike environment - while I might use actual rocks and twigs for trees like Brotherhood Workshop does sometime in the future, I felt that for this project the MNOG stuff would be better. It seems neater to stick with all-BIONICLE material.

, and Avengers Tower!

burning_logo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I might be able to do a Ko-voice, or a high pitched voice, if you need that. I can get my voice really high, higher than some girls that I know. I still can't do a decent female voice, but whatever.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Sure! Send me an audition via PM. Cheers!

I'll probably take some time to think of some lines. I'll probably try to do a Matoran who talks with a high pitched voice really fast and always ends a sentence with a question or something. My computer will probably amplify the pitch of my voice, so prepare your ears.

Edited by Arzaki

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.