Canon Materials

I recently wanted to go through all canon BIONICLE stuff I could find online.

So far I have:

* Serials

* BIONICLE: Quest for the Toa

* Maze of Shadows

* Online Animations (Bohrok/Kal/Mask of Light)

* The choose your own adventure thing on MoL.com

* MLN BIONICLE Campaign (in fact I'm recording all the quotes from it into a saga guide like thing, http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/My_LEGO_Network_BIONICLE_Campaign_Walkthrough

* Comics

* Journey's End

Is there anything else? Have I really exhausted all there is for BIONICLE without buying any books? I need MORE BIONICLE, BEFORE 2015!

And I've heard the messy fan-fic Expanded Multiverse is semi-canon, explain how. 

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Honestly, BS01 is the best place for everything you want to know about BIONICLE, especially since a good deal of canon information, such as Greg quotes and canonized competition winners, aren't easily found everywhere else. But any canon info you find elsewhere, can also be found there.

Other media sources are the BIONICLE films, though I'm not sure if you can find them online. Maybe Netflix if you have it. But you can still get the info from BS01.

I think the Expanded Universe was a project exploring other parts of the BIONICLE universe. We know that there are other planets, some or all of which are inhabited. It was about the untold stories of other worlds and civilizations. I believe the project has been cancelled though, or at least been put on hold.

• Upvote 2
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Honestly, BS01 is the best place for everything you want to know about BIONICLE, especially since a good deal of canon information, such as Greg quotes and canonized competition winners, aren't easily found everywhere else. But any canon info you find elsewhere, can also be found there.

Other media sources are the BIONICLE films, though I'm not sure if you can find them online. Maybe Netflix if you have it. But you can still get the info from BS01.

I think the Expanded Universe was a project exploring other parts of the BIONICLE universe. We know that there are other planets, some or all of which are inhabited. It was about the untold stories of other worlds and civilizations. I believe the project has been cancelled though, or at least been put on hold.

All the Bionicle movies (with the exception of The Legend Reborn) are indeed available on Netflix.

I forgot to mention I also saw all four movies, online even.

And obviously I know BS01 has all the BIONICLE info, but I would want to read maybe a story in full or play a game I never knew about.

Edit: Wait, they are on Netflix? I checked it on my Wii U and I don't see it...

Edited by Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

I forgot to mention I also saw all four movies, online even.

And obviously I know BS01 has all the BIONICLE info, but I would want to read maybe a story in full or play a game I never knew about.

Edit: Wait, they are on Netflix? I checked it on my Wii U and I don't see it...

They're on my Netflix last time I checked.

EDIT: Just rechecked on my iPad, and the first three are available to watch.

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 1

In the regular Netflix or the kids one?

And what did you type? Just BIONICLE?

I'd assume then it's North America only then, mines is probably on Central America or something.

I already saw all three anyways, but it would be nice if I could see them all again, but on the big-screen rather than a laptop.

And I've heard the messy fan-fic Expanded Multiverse is semi-canon, explain how. 

Please keep discussion of the EM to its official topic:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/2468-expanded-multiverse-discussion-topic/

Most of the statements here are inaccurate, but if you're curious, bring it up there and we can discuss. :) (As for "messy" -- that's an opinion, with no detail given as to why; we'd greatly prefer a serious review exploring reasons behind that statement... but where it belongs. :) I'm sure it's not the most organized possible, and certainly the harm the relevant sites have taken unrelated to our work have created a mess of reference for it, but that isn't our fault. For now, most work on it is being delayed in favor of the for-canon Memoirs contest.)

Edit: VN, you may be confusing EM (previously called EU) with an unrelated project that actually was cancelled, which actually was about what you said, but isn't what Boidoh was asking about. That was going to be a contest on the old BZP, but the person/people running it ran out of time or something.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

My apologies bonesiii, I didn't mean to be inaccurate, nor stray off topic- I only mentioned it because Boidoh asked about it. I didn't know that the EM was half-canon (which is what confused me, because I then assumed he was referring to what I originally was)

To my post's point, I would also like to add that the Faber Files has some neat art and concepts.

Edited by V-N
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, Boidoh, have you included Birth of a Dark Hunter and the other short stories among your canon hunt? BS01 has transcripts of all of them.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I believe I already read Birth of a Dark Hunter. It was the one about Nhidiki and how 500 Toa or something ambushed the Dark Hunters and then Roodaka mutated him right?

Which other short stories?

I think Yaldabaoth means the things like The Kingdom, The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet, and The Crossing. He may also refer to the canonised fan short stories (Decadence, No One Gets Left Behind, Protection, The Dweller Report, Hope and Tentacles).

That also make me think there are also the ATYU2 results that are arguably canon.

• Upvote 1

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

I already read everything in the BS01 Saga Guide section.

• Upvote 1