Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Journey

JourneyZakaro Gameplay RPG Journey Zakaro

  • Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 17 2014 - 05:50 PM

journeybanner.png
 
 
"Gathered friends, come, listen to the tale of the downfall of Spherus Magna, let this show as warning and history of our world."
 
"In the time before our time, the world was perfect. The Great Spirit Mata-Nui had blessed Spherus Magna, our home, with the power of Life. He had left us to govern ourselves, and live in peace and prosperity. 
It is more surprising that they had expected that to last forever than that it was disrupted. 
What has truly happened is unknown, perhaps the answer lost to the mists of time, but our world changed. The blessing of the Great Spirt seemed to fade, or even be corrupted, and the world twisted. 
And again the wars began. And they have continued for ages, in this lawless, uncivilized time where only small villages like yours are untouched. But perhaps you're looking for adventure. Perhaps you just want to fix things. I can't promise you anything, but... I want to fix things, too."
The Le-Toa glances about the circle of merchants and villagers across the bonfire, his hand scratching the Hordika long gone feral and domesticated in a sense on the head. He gives a small grin.
"Perhaps we can fix things, together. Or perhaps I'm crazy. In any case," He stands, brushing himself down, "I'm headed to the City of Flames across the sea with the caravan. Anyone is welcome to join me, if they so wish. I'll be in my tent."
And he left, the Hordika following, disappearing into the temporary living quarters he had set up along with the rest of the merchant caravan, leaving the crowd to wonder and whisper and decide to themselves as the night sky, filled with stars but not a moon, became clearer in the dying fire-light.
 
Information:
First off, welcome to A Journey of Sands, Stars, and Spirit. This is indeed a text-based RPG much like you're used to, but with a few things. First off, this is not open-world. This is going to be a linear journey along the path I've laid out in my notes to save the world, fight people, and perhaps even experience sacrifice along the way. 
Your character options are going to be limited at first to Glatorian, Agori, and Matoran, but 1 character can be almost any species assuming that A, they begin as a merchant, and B, they are either not Toa or have a really good reason and backstory to be one. Total, you can start with 3 characters, but that number will increase as the story progresses and more variation, races, species, and such will become available as the RPG progresses. There is also going to be many opportunities to gain powerful weaponry, strange artifacts, or even new powers as rewards for good RPing and continuing the progression. 
Lastly, please, do have fun, and take note of the Rules before posting a profile or starting to play. 
 
Rules:
1. All BZP rules do still apply here. 
2. Have respect for the staff, myself, and other players. Respect them as RPers, and respect their characters and let them control their own characters as they see fit.
3. Please do try to make your posts as readable as possible. A common help is to color-code each character, or even note in the beginning who and where. Ex. IC: Zakaro (BZPower)
4. As this is an epic quest, there's not much time for romantic or comedy subplots. Do keep those things to a minimum. 
5. Your character is just as good as the others, within context. Play them realistically, unless your Matoran is an accomplished martial artist or fast on their feet, they're not going to easily take down a Glatorian without some weapons or other help.
6. In total, at the beginning, you may start with 2 villagers that are Agori, Glatorian, or Matoran, and 1 merchant of nearly any race. A merchant character will be harder to approve, especially if they are a Toa or otherwise more powerful character. Over the course of the RPG, I aim to keep everyone to a 1 Toa maximum, so decide wisely. 
7. Have fun, and to show you read the rules combine Species and Gender into one catagory when making a character.
 
Thank you,
-Zakaro

Edited by Zakaro, Aug 18 2014 - 08:51 AM.

  • 3

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#2 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2014 - 08:50 AM

StaffCharacter: Lekar (Docks)

 

The winds were salty today.

 

That was good, it would be easier to cross the Sea the less Sand they had to travel. The barge the caravan was traversing the Sea with was equipped with both, as most vessels that went long distances were, both sails and metallic oars that in this case were driven by one of the precious few remaining engines that ran on fermented Thornax juice. An interesting fuel, more than slightly volatile, but this specific barge- The Duality, as the faded paint read on the side- had been using it for the last century and nothing had gone too wrong yet. 

 

At the least, that's what Captain Miedyh claimed, and he'd heard no complaints about the quality of the barge yet so that was to be their transport. It can be tough to move the long line of wagons, Spikits, and Sand Stalkers over the oceanic terrain and so this was their only chance to traverse the Sea for the next month out of places within a month's travel. 

 

Without warning the Le-Toa's hand was nudged by the Hordika, who had just woken up it seemed and wandered over to the docks following his scent. Shaken out of his thoughts, Lekar glanced down at his faithful companion and smiled slightly, speaking softly to himself.

 

"It's time to go gather them, isn't it? Indeed it is, my friend, it is indeed the time..."

 

Once again fading into his thoughts, Lekar left his observation point and walked back to where the caravan was camped. They were already tearing down the tents and hitching the beasts back up to their carts, for they would leave at noon. Time was the currency of today, and it was in short supply.

 

 

OOC: PCs may now begin their Journey from this point on. Just for a few things you can do, you can talk to Lekar to confirm/ask to go on the trip, have already done that and be discussing it with another or even be helping out the merchants pack and start leaving.

 

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#3 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,252 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2014 - 07:30 PM

IC (Ofeo, away form the village): The stars were fading fast, and Ofeo's heartlight sped up. His paddle slipped through the still, grey water as he drove on, leaving a small v of ripples behind him. In the grey pre-dawn, he knew he would have to move quickly in order to reach his destination before the sun rose, but still couldn't bring himself to disrupt the peaceful atmosphere around him too much. At times like this, he couldn't bring himself to lean forward, dig his paddle in hard and splash his way upstream like an enraged takea. No, on this quiet morning he moved softly and gently, gliding across the water's surface like the wisps of mist that joined him on the river. Their whiteness stood out in the gloom and became brighter as the stars drew away and colour and warmth leeched back  into the world.

 

He finally drew the nose of his kayak up on the muddy bank of a long, teardrop shaped island in the middle of the flow, then got out a pulled it further up so that it wouldn't drift away while he was gone. It had rained a bit in the last few days, so the river would be rising, though slowly. The island in front of him was covered in the same tall evergreen trees that made up the forest around him. Their needles coated the ground further away from the shore where the underbrush was thin, but closer to where Ofeo stood, a tangle of vines, stones, driftwood and a few tall grasses lined the bank. He clambered over a log and squeezed through the familiar gap between two of the tough, woody plants and set his feet on his usual path into the island's interior.

 

He wasn't going far today, just as far as the tall tree with the white fungus growing on its trunk. It was a spot he had visited often, and the one had had chosen for today, the last time that he would visit this island for several months. He swung up into the tree's lower branches and then continued easily until he was almost at its crown. He stopped just above a thick branch that stuck out further from the trunk than the others around it. A layer of green moss grew on its upper surface, providing him with a comfortable seat, and the Bo-Matoran carefully swung himself out away from the trunk and sat down.

 

Spread out before him was the forest, with the sliver thread of the river running through it, and beyond that, the coast of the great sea stretching endlessly to the north and to the south. he was just in time to see the top edge of the sun break over the watery horizon in a blaze of orange and yellow. While behind Ofeo the skies remained overcast with grey, the eastern sky promised a good day to come.

 

Perched high in the tree and watching the sun slowly appear over Aqua Magna, Ofeo sighed with contentment. This was one of his favourite spots to sit and think, something he wanted to be able to do for months before he left with the trade caravan, but despite the peace of the scene around him, time would only allow him a few minutes before he would have to begin the trip back. Bolrum-Koro sat there, up against the coast, sparkling in the pink light of dawn. It was a good place, he reflected, one where events moved slowly and simple folk like himself could earn a living doing work that, largely, they enjoyed. They weren't slaving away in the mines to the west, or trying to carve roads through the icy mountains in the north. The winds of time flowed around the little village, and while the shapes of the sand-dunes changed, rising and falling like the shape of the world around them, Bolrum-Koro stayed much the same, back and forth with the tides while maintaining its same old ways. It made for a good life, and a stable one. Ofeo knew that there weren't many Matoran on the planet who were afforded the time and energy to go out and explore the wilderness each morning as he was.

 

And now this strange toa had come by them, offering a tale of the outside world, and though he held no answers, he projected a sense of hope, that even though the world was a place of chaos and instability, great strife and suffering, that somehow it also contained so much that was good and resilient and life-giving. Although the reason he gave for wanting to go on this trip was to see the greater boats of the City of Flames and learn the techniques of their making, and that was true, he had a deeper reason also. He wanted to see the world outside of his peaceful village, to leave its safe cocoon of obscurity and discover what lay beyond. Maybe there was somethign out there for him, somethign great to do or see. And even if there wasn't, then he would always be able to return home. Bolrum-Koro had survived various upheavals in the past, and it could do so again, just moving with the tides and rolling over the sand dunes. The world outside could roll on by, but this village would stay unchanged, wouldn't it?

 

Ofeo took one last look behind him, seeing the green-cloaked land rolling away into the distance, and finally rising up to meet the hazy shadow of the great, three-peaked volcano that was the river's source hundreds of kio away, and then dropped off his branch, catching onto another one further down the tree. He swung off this one, stepped down three more in steps around the tree before finally leaping right away from the trunk onto another three that had fallen years ago, but still remained partly upright, leaning against the one that contained his thinking spot. he slid own in, and took off a a jog towards the shore where he had left his kayak. He had a caravan to catch.

 

 

 

The village had thoroughly stirred into life by the time he had finished his hour-long trip back. His Kayak was chained up in the woodshed adjacent to his workshop, his pack was filled and strapped securely to his back and he was down at the docks, ready to board the barge. The Le-toa was standing there, surveying his caravan of merchants as Ofeo had earlier surveyed his home. It occurred to him that maybe, this caravan was the closest thing that Lekar had to a home. Moving around all the time, going where the business took him, it would be hard to attach to any one place. Or perhaps the toa did have a home, maybe once before he had become the caravan's leader. He wondered what might have happened to make the toa leave it.

 

"Good morning" he said, walking up to the Toa. "I'm Ofeo, the boat builder. We talked briefly last night. I've decided that I want to come with you, so here is the money I owe you for the trip. Do I just go straight on board, or is there something else that needs doing first?"

 

 

OOC: A blatant wish fulfillment post. I'm land-bound for the moment, but if I can't get out on the water in the mornings to go kayaking, island-walking, tree-climbing and sunrise-watching, then at least my character can.

TL;DR: Only the last two paragraphs are really important.


  • 0

#4 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

  • 7,607 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2014 - 09:25 PM

IC: Ekko

 

The port buzzed with activity, and Ekko was loving it.  Merchants busied themselves with preparing their wares for the trip, whether it be livestock, goods, or simply trinkets; their shouts and conversations filling the air with a clamor that the village scarcely heard, save at the market during the height of the summer months.  She flitted through the makeshift camp that the merchants had set up just before the docks, caught up in the excitement of it all.

 

Of course, this gathering did happen every year or so, and it was more or less the same every time around.  This time, though... this time it was different.  Because she was going with them.  Really, it all happened by chance.  One of the ships, if they could be called ships, happened to have an actual engine on board, and that meant the captain needed someone to look after it during the trip.  Okay, so, maybe she wasn't the best mechanic in the village, but she was the first who signed up as part of the crew, or maybe no one else wanted to sign up, and that got her the spot.  The pay wasn't really all that good, but that meant little considering the fact that she'd finally be getting out of this place.

 

A small smile flashed across her face and, preoccupied with fantasies of strange and foreign lands, she continued through the maze of beings.

 

OOC: short intro is short

 

Open for interaction, feel free to have her bump into someone.  Literally.


  • 0

01T3YDF.jpg


#5 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 2,460 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 03:01 AM

IC: Balfel

Balfel looked up at his gigantic shelves. He wouldn't be seeing them for a while, it seemed. One of the ships had allowed Balfel on board without too big of a price, and he couldn't wait to go searching for me stuff.

He passed old Agori Halmark as he locked the door. He had paid the old man a good price to guard his library, and he probably wouldn't meet any trouble anyway.

Balfel made it to the port with all his equipment slung on his back. He turned around to look for any landmarks-

And crashed into Ekko.


OOC: We assume they know each other beforehand?

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles


#6 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 07:23 AM

StaffC: Lekar (Caravan Camp)

The Le-Toa turns and nods his head in greeting to Ofeo, a smile gracing his face as he begins to speak. Meanwhile his Hordika slides around Lekar's ankles to sniff at the Matoran, noticing the strong scent of plants and wilderness on his body and apparently finding it intriguing. 

"Ah, boat-carver. You may head right on board if you wish, but I must say we do not have established places for you to relax and store your gear as of yet. Once we're fully loaded, then you'll be able to do that. You could help with the loading, if you wish. There is always something to be moved."

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#7 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,252 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 03:21 PM

IC (Ofeo, Docks): "Very well then, I will do what I can" he replied, taking off his pack and leaning up up against one of the posts on the dock. "The quicker everything is loaded, the quicker we can leave".

So saying, he stumped off towards the group of traders who were moving large sacks and hailed them, asking where he could assist them best.

 

OOC: Open for interaction


  • 0

#8 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

  • 7,607 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2014 - 09:43 AM

IC: Ekko

 

The force of an impact knocked the air from her lungs, and knocked her out of her musings.  The shock from running into something, or rather, someone, affected her more than actually the actual impact.  Ekko took a step back to steady herself, already beginning to apologize.

 

"Sorry, sorry, I wasn't watching where I wa-" She began, only to stop herself once she got a good look at who she had run into.

 

"Balfel?" Ekko exclaimed, her voice a mixture of surprise and question.  "You should watch where you're going, what are you doing here?"


  • 0

01T3YDF.jpg


#9 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 2,460 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2014 - 10:05 AM

IC: Balfel

"Hey now, I could ask the same about you. You're normally more observant than this," Balfel chided her lightly.

"Well if you must know, I hitched a ride on one of the ships. Going of to find more scraps of history," Balfel explained as he helped Ekko up.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles


#10 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2014 - 07:17 PM

StaffC: Lekar (Docks, Caravan)

The camp had been fully packed up and now a long line of wagons and animals and merchants made its way through the village of Belrum-Koro, the beginnings of it just now reaching the barge they were to take and shuffling off into rows and places to be, the Le-Toa standing at the ramp leading onto the ship telling each person where they were headed and how much space they could expand into. 

 

From the helm of the ship came a long, low blasting of a horn that sounded on for several seconds before fading out. The line picked up slight speed as all around knew the meaning of a horn like that. 

1 hour until the shore was left behind, time was ticking down steadily as the sun climbed towards its midday peak.

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#11 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 2,460 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2014 - 07:20 PM

IC: Balfel
"Well, that's the horn signalling! See you in... Two weeks? Months?"

OOC: Of course, in a surprising turn of events, Ekko is also scheduled to depart on the same ship!

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles


#12 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

  • 7,607 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2014 - 07:37 PM

IC: Ekko

 

Ekko accepted the hand up, and said with a smirk, "You, getting out of that dusty library?  Impossible."

 

"Well, that's the horn signalling! See you in... Two weeks? Months?"

 

"Ha, don't count on it," She said over the sound of beings beginning to pick up the pace with a flurry of activity.  "Guess who managed to get a job as a mechanic on The Duality."


  • 0

01T3YDF.jpg


#13 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 2,460 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2014 - 10:19 PM

IC: Balfel

"Huh. Here I was thinking I wouldn't have to make sure you don't run off and get yourself in trouble," Balfel laughed.

"And don't be surprised that I'm getting out of home. How do you think I procured those books in the first place?"

Balfel and Ekko managed to push their way near the ship.

"Got all your stuff with you?"

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles


#14 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 3,066 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2014 - 12:41 PM

OOC: Open for interaction

 

IC:

 

An old Agori tapped the Matoran on the shoulder.

 

"Excuse me, young man," Trun Rawlins said, smiling, "I don't suppose you'd be able to help me with my cooking supplies, would you? If you needed something to do, that is...."

 

-Void


  • 0

all-murderers-are-slightly-deranged.jpg


#15 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,252 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2014 - 02:29 PM

IC (Ofeo, Docks): "Oh, Trun!" Ofeo cried, turning to find the old Agori. "So you're coming on this trip as well. As a guide maybe, or a cook? But yes, sure, I can help you. Just show me where to put it."


  • 0

#16 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 3,066 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2014 - 03:47 PM

IC:

 

"Down to the kitchens, if you wouldn't mind," Trun said, picking up a sack of pots and pans and gesturing towards another on the ground. "Be careful with them; some of the knives might have gotten out of their boxes, and I wouldn't want you to get hurt."

 

The Bo-Matoran before him was certainly a sight for sore eyes; Ofeo had always been a friendly being, and the Agori enjoyed the talks they had whenever their paths crossed. He was a hard worker, that boy, and in truth, Trun was rather pleased to have someone so knowledgable in ship handling to be aboard the barge.

 

"Yes, yes," he continued absently, guiding the Matoran up the gangplank. "I thought it might be nice to see the City of Flames, see what it has to offer. Lekar was kind enough to allow me passage as a cook here. I struggle to imagine your role in this trip."

 

His smile was mischievous as he finished speaking, and he stepped onto the deck with a contented sigh.

 

-Void


  • 0

all-murderers-are-slightly-deranged.jpg


#17 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

  • 7,607 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2014 - 04:10 PM

IC: Ekko

 

"Yup," Ekko replied, shouldering her pack.  The clothe bag gave a muffled clank of protest as she moved it, the sound of padded metal objects hitting one another.  It really was just a top-off, her a few personal trinkets and tools that she simply couldn't be without.  The Duality was already equipped with the necessary tools to keep its engine running, but it never hurt to be prepared.

 

"Now c'mon," Ekko insisted, grabbing Balfel's arm to drag him to where others were boarding the ship, if it really deserved that name, "They're gonna leave without us."


  • 0

01T3YDF.jpg


#18 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 2,460 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2014 - 06:40 PM

IC: Balfel

The Skrall was yanked off his feet and pulled to The Duality. While it was a little painful on his shoulder socket, he didn't mind it when Ekko did that kind of thing to him. Ekko was always a physical girl-

Woah. That sounded weird.

Balfel's face reddened for no apparent reason and he looked away to the ship.

"Wow. How does that thing even work?" Balfel asked, looking over the run-down ship.

Edited by Norik Of Celtania, Aug 21 2014 - 06:41 PM.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles


#19 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,252 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2014 - 08:23 PM

IC (Ofeo, Docks): "I'm here for much the same reasons" he told the Agori. He opened up one of the boxes, and, after checking it for loose blades, hefted it up the chest-level and started to carry it on board. "To see what the city has to offer, particularly in the way of how they build their boats. That and it's a bit of an adventure, more than we get around Bolrum-koro anyway."

 

"Speaking of adventure, you've traveled around a bit in your life. Ever been to the City of Flames?"


  • 0

#20 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 3,066 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2014 - 11:12 PM

IC:

 

"Once," the Agori said, his voice now vaguely wistful. "But that was a very long time ago, mind you. Back before the Skrall Wars and certainly before the Reformation. Not even sure if it was called the City of Flames back then.... You know, I might just be thinking of another city altogether. Stranger things have happened; the mind ages, you know. It gets harder and harder to see what's behind you the farther along you go...."

 

In the span of this ramble, Trun had managed to make his way to the stairs leading below deck, and as he set a foot on the first step, he cast a look back at Ofeo, hoping that he hadn't lost his way. "In any case, I'm certainly glad you're coming with us, young man. It calms my heart to know someone with a little knowledge of boating'll be with us on our way."

 

-Void


  • 0

all-murderers-are-slightly-deranged.jpg


#21 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,252 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 08:16 PM

IC (Ofeo, Boat): "To be honest, I'm more comfortable with vessels a lot smaller than this" Ofeo told him, setting down the first box and proceeding back up their stairs to get a new one. "This floating village isn't really my domain. We've got mechanics who can run it, but my paddle and I will only really be useful if we have to survive on large bits of wreckage after the barge sinks. Let's hope that doesn't happen."

 

He popped up through the hatch, back onto the deck where the merchants were now loading their crates of wares on the boat itself. It seemed that they wouldn't be long now, so they would finally be casting off soon.


  • 0

#22 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2014 - 06:58 PM

Plot:

As the last of the merchants boarded the barge, Lekar nodded to the waiting Captain, who was watching over the proceedings from a balcony. Nodding back, the Captain disappeared into the bridge, and soon after the horn sounded again. 

This was the signal to begin preparing for departure, both those in the ship and those working the lines on the docks. The engine, deep in the bowels of the barge, rumbled to life unsteadily before strengthening as ropes were untied and the ship began getting more and more free. 

With another blast on the horn, The Duality  began its voyage outwards and away, sailing into the Sea of Sand and Saltwater.

Zakaro


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#23 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 3,066 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2014 - 04:20 PM

IC:

 

"Let's hope not," Trun repeated solemnly, watching Ofeo place the last box onto the barge's deck just as the ship shuddered and lurched to a start. The Agori stumbled forward a few steps, but he hadn't gotten to such an old age by falling every time something gave him a push. He quickly propped himself up against his stick, looking over at the Matoran with a smile.

 

"Well, no turning back now, is there?"

 

-Void


  • 0

all-murderers-are-slightly-deranged.jpg


#24 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 2,460 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2014 - 10:17 PM

IC: Balfel [On board the Duality]

"Well, shouldn't you get to work?" Balfel asked Ekko.

"I could help out."

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles


#25 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,252 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2014 - 10:55 PM

IC (Ofeo, Duality): "None at all" Ofeo agreed, walking slowly towards the front of the barge. They were pulling out of the bay now, and soon a small headland would hide the village completely from their view. Home was behind them, the world ahead. It was coming up to claim them now, and they were sailing out to meet it.

 

"Goodbye, Bolrum-Koro" he said as it finally disappeared behind the curve of the coast, "And hello, adventure! I've not done a lot of this before, myself, so it will be good to have an old hand like you along, don't you think?"


  • 0

#26 Offline Silo

Silo
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 242 posts

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 06:55 AM

IC: (Hiko)

 

The rumbling of the engines woke Hiko from where he had been sleeping on a pile of goods in the hold of the ship.

He muttered something incomprehensible and stumbled up the stairs to the deck. Looking around wildly, he realised that the ship had left Bolrum-koro and the journey to the City had begun already.

Well, so much for all the supplies he had planned to bring such as...lets see...food, water and all the other essential things. He had less than pint and a half of water left in a canteen strapped to his back, and slightly dirty at that.

Looking back at the dock of Bolrum-Koro, he could see that he would not be able to swim back now.

Exasperated, he stomped across the shifting deck, some of the other passengers giving him odd looks, but he didn't care.

Jumping the distance from one level of the deck to another (not doing the obvious thing: using the stairs) he realised that most of the others had supply bags for the journey and wondered if any of them would mind sharing a bit of their supplies. They probably would - food was scarce in this age.

 

OOC: Hiko is open for interaction  :) 


Edited by Silo, Aug 25 2014 - 03:56 PM.

  • 0

 PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE

rpg_characters_group_shot_small_by_silok

   

My BZPRPG profiles    My deviantART page

 

 

 


#27 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 3,066 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 08:26 PM

IC:

 

"Well, I just hope that I'll be of some use," Trun replied. "I've never claimed to be any sort of authority on the subject of adventuring; most of the type I did was more along the lines of the trampings of an exile, nothing nearly as glamourous as this."

 

His ramblings were finished by a glance to his side, where the Agori noticed a wiry Glatorian wandering the deck. His armour was a patchwork of scrap, with a knife and a canteen at his belt. Trun tilted his head slightly, wondering what his interests were with the City of Flames, but the thought died quickly, replaced by a more innocent and immediate curiousity.

 

"Excuse me, sir," he called out, "are you looking for something?"

 

OOC: Hello Hiko.

 

-Void


  • 0

all-murderers-are-slightly-deranged.jpg


#28 Offline Silo

Silo
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 242 posts

Posted Aug 26 2014 - 04:11 AM

IC: (Hiko)

 

Hiko turned to the Iron Agori who had addressed him.

He ignored the question but instead asked: "D'ya know what the payment is for boarding this ship?"


  • 0

 PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE

rpg_characters_group_shot_small_by_silok

   

My BZPRPG profiles    My deviantART page

 

 

 


#29 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 3,066 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2014 - 06:01 PM

IC:

 

"Nothing but good, dutiful labour, m'lad," Trun answered, smiling as he flexed one of his wizened arms. After a beat, he let the arm down and extended it over to the Glatorian. "Now then, what's your name, young man, if you don't mind my asking?"

 

-Void


  • 0

all-murderers-are-slightly-deranged.jpg


#30 Offline Silo

Silo
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 242 posts

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 06:22 AM

IC: (Hiko)

 

The glatorian shook Trun's hand.

"Hiko's the name. I don't suppose I could help out in any way in return for supplies - I would be happy to do some of the more dangerous jobs on the ship if their are any."


  • 0

 PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE

rpg_characters_group_shot_small_by_silok

   

My BZPRPG profiles    My deviantART page

 

 

 


#31 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

  • 7,607 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 08:56 AM

OOC:  Bit later than I expected, but I got to it eventually I guess. :\

 

IC: Ekko

 

The vorox studied Balfel with an incredulous eye, meaning she was looking up, as if trying to figure out if the skrall was serious or not by sight alone.  A moment passed, and her gaze didn't waver.

 

"Alright librarian, let's see about that," Ekko replied, leading the way down to the vessel's lower levels.


  • 0

01T3YDF.jpg


#32 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 02:06 PM

Plot:

 

The voyage seemed to be going smoothly enough. They were are few hours out from Bolrum-Koro at this point, and the sun was still high enough in the sky to continue on at a faster pace. 

 

A low, loud rumbling, almost like thunder, sounded through the boat, although its source was obviously outside of it. There were some dark clouds, far to the southwest as the Duality continued on it's northern course, but were those really the cause of that?

 

Perhaps one with weather knowledge could tell. Or, perhaps more importantly, there might be some beings on this ship who would be able to divine the true source of the short-lived sound of rumbling: crumbling rocks.

Zakaro


Edited by Zakaro, Aug 27 2014 - 02:06 PM.

  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#33 Offline Silo

Silo
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 242 posts

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 02:33 PM

IC: (Hiko)

 

The glatorian looked away from the being he was talking to.

 

"What on Spherus was that?!"

 

Before anyone could answer, he had run to the edge of the deck to search for the source of the almighty sound.

 

Someone behind him said: "It's probably thunder lad....look over there - stormclouds."

 

Another voice from behind said: "Nah mate, this is the Sea o' Sand. That there's it being added to by the very rocks 'emselves"

 

A third said slowly: "I reckon it's...size-mick activity."

 

A heated discussion broke out between a few of the merchants behind him.

Hiko smiled; people would argue about anything.


  • 0

 PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE

rpg_characters_group_shot_small_by_silok

   

My BZPRPG profiles    My deviantART page

 

 

 


#34 Offline TBK

TBK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 04:03 PM

IC: Kavont, onboard Duality

 

Boats aren't necessarily comfortable places. But when they set sail, they do, however, often provide hours of sweet silence, something that not enough matoran treasure. Unfortunately, The Duality wasn't exactly a quiet vessel, and the unusual combination of crew members created enough of a stir. Still, he had gotten used to it. The quiet years of unity were long past.

 

Beyond the hubbub of the caravan sat a lone matoran, his feet hanging lazily off the tip of the Duality's bow. Unfortunately, you can't get much further from the noise on a vessel encompassed by miles of nothing. But Kovant was thankful for the safe haven as it was. He sat there with his notebook for the first few hours of the trip, getting up once or twice to help move and sort the cargo. He would only look up once in a while, and only to examine the sea around him for some unusual noise he may have heard from a far-off creature shifting the surface.

 

Noisy as the trip was, he was glad to be heading back to the City of Flames. This would be his first visit in years, and he wasn't sure that even his Ta-Matoran friends would recognize him with a new Kanohi... if they were still alive. In times like these, you can just blink, and your dearest friends will be gone. Or especially in Kovant's case, your memory of everything you once knew. He often wondered if his old world was anything more stable than the world he knew now, and considering that his "old world" was now literally smashed to bits, probably not.

 

A new sound hit Kovant's eardrums, and his head perked up toward the source. To everyone else, the noise would have only been a dull rumble, but the sound rang clearly through Kovant's mind. He thought it was thunder at first, but as the noise continued, he began to differentiate the sound as something else completely. There was huge power behind the source, but it couldn't be lightning... then a long forgotten memory flashed through his mind. The earthquake. The sound of crumbling rocks.

 

Huge masses of shifting rock were the source of the sound. Earthquake or not, it sounded like something major was happening nearby.

 

He then noticed voices growing louder and more aggressive behind him on the main deck. He quickly stuffed the notebook back into his pack and strode toward the group, hoping to report his discovery. The bickering merchants were growing too loud for Kovant's comfort, however, and he instead looked for the Le-Toa that was leading the voyage.

 

Kovant spotted him, also pondering the noise, and jogged up to him saying, "Excuse me, Toa... I believe there's a large amount of rock shifting ahead of us." He hoped not to sound too ridiculous. "I can still hear it."

 

OOC: Only the last four paragraphs are actually important :P


  • 0

banner.png


#35 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,235 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 04:57 PM

StaffC: Lekar (The Duality )

 

Turning to face Kovant, he frowns and replies, nodding.

 

"That.. would make sense, actually. Nothing in the wind suggests that those clouds over there are an active storm, and not seeing any others, it seems the only place left for a sound like that would be down below. What it is, I couldn't say, but I think-"

 

The rumbling increases in a climax of sound, returning to all's hearing and startling most. The Hordika usually seen by Lekar's side comes loping out from behind a canvas roped to two carts for a type of shelter, eyes narrowed and hackles raised. Not noticing Kovant, it just stalked up to wind its tail slightly around Lekar's legs and stared off into the distance where the sound originated, growling softly in its throat.

 

"Whatever I thought before is out the window. Something big is happening. Or, perhaps moving. I'm not entirely sure, but Ig here certainly doesn't like it."

 

The Po-Hordika only growled in response. 

 

As the sound of crashing rock faded out, Kovant would hear something else. Growls, yes, but beneath that- something deeper in tone. 

 

Much deeper.

 

E: OOC: There's something familiar about this... Le-Toa.. Water.. things shifting and moving, some other thing coming into play...

Eh, I'm sure it's nothing. ;)

Zakaro


Edited by Zakaro, Aug 27 2014 - 04:59 PM.

  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#36 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 2,460 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 06:52 PM

IC: Balfel

"Hey, don't look at me like that. I didn't survive this long on my own without learning a few-"

They reached the engine. It was huge, and turbines and wires and machines and doodads and thingies were snaking everywhere and pumping and churning and-

"Um. What should I do?" Balfel asked. Outside, rumbling sounds from somewhere across the Sea reached his ears.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles


#37 Offline Silo

Silo
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 242 posts

Posted Aug 28 2014 - 05:39 AM

IC (Hiko)

 

He walked back to Trun as the noise continued for a few seconds all around them.

 

He noticed a De-Matoran talking to Lekar - if nothing else, surely a matoran of sonics could identify the sound (albeit probably be deafened by it in the proccess).

 

As he strode towards the Garai-wearing matoran he said: "Hey, what d'ya think caused that noise?"


  • 0

 PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE

rpg_characters_group_shot_small_by_silok

   

My BZPRPG profiles    My deviantART page

 

 

 


#38 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

  • 7,607 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2014 - 08:54 AM

IC: Ekko

 

Ekko glanced up, attempting to gaze up through the bulkhead into the sky above, as what sounded like thunder rolled in.  Great, just what they needed, a storm.  The vorox resigned herself to a time spent trying not to get thrown against walls, and turned back to Balfel.

 

"See that gauge over there?  Make sure it doesn't go into the red, and let me know when it does," Ekko ordered him, not seeming to notice the fact that the dial inside seemed to be stuck in the red.


  • 0

01T3YDF.jpg


#39 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 2,460 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2014 - 08:57 AM

IC: Balfel

Balfel tilted his head as he looked at it.

"Guess what. It's red."

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles


#40 Offline TBK

TBK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2014 - 02:13 PM

IC: Kavont, aboard Duality

 

As the Le-Toa was replying to his inquiry, the crumbling sound suddenly spiked in volume.

 

Too loud! Kavont grunted in pain as his hands flew over his audio sensors -- the sound ricocheted through his head like a swarm of Nui-Rama. Mata Nui, make it stop! He held his position there, unmoving for what felt like minutes until the sound faded to the same dull roar, and he looked back up to the Le-Toa, slightly disoriented.

 

"Whatever I thought before is out the window. Something big is happening. Or, perhaps moving. I'm not entirely sure, but Ig here certainly doesn't like it." Kovant nodded in agreement and followed his gaze into the distance. Silence continued for a moment, until he began to hear something else... something breathing. Growling.

 

A glatorian wearing scrap armor came up behind and asked Kovant, "Hey, what d'ya think caused that noise?" Kovant flung a palm up facing the glatorian, signaling that he needed silence. The growl began only as a trace, but he could tell that it was growing in intensity... or perhaps closing in distance. The growl was unlike any he had ever heard, powerful enough to be heard from deep under the surface.

 

Then he heard the deep hum.

 

"This wasn't an earthquake," he whispered, a slight quiver in his voice. He turned to the Le-Toa. "Can this thing go any faster?"


  • 0

banner.png





0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users