What Ever Happened to Cryoshell?

Since they released the revised version of Gravity Hurts last year I haven't heard any news about these guys. It seemed like they were seriously going to become a real band with the release of their first album, but I guess they fell apart soon after that... do they still record stuff for Hero Factory material?

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

They did. They just don't for LEGO as much.

2009–present: Cryoshell[edit]

In July 2009 the band released their official debut single "Bye Bye Babylon" which also served as their fifth and final promotional song for Bionicle, this time as the soundtrack to the animated film Bionicle: The Legend Reborn as well as their Glatorian and Glatorian Legends toy waves of that year.

Following the announcement of their debut studio album, Cryoshell began writing and recording with producer Jacob Hansen of Hansen Studios. They released a re-recording of "Creeping in My Soul" as their second single in December 2009 as well as an EP baring the same name in January 2010 before finally releasing their self-titled debut studio album on June 7, 2010 in Scandinavia under Norwegian label Voices Music & Entertainment. It took the band a period of nearly two years after to secure a worldwide release, and by February 2012 the album was available in most global territories.

It was announced in November 2011 that Lorentzen would be taking maternity leave from the band and that runner-up of the 2010 Danish talent show The X Factor Tine Midtgaard would feature in two newly recorded songs; "Breakout" - released December 9, 2012 as a single - and a re-recording of "Gravity Hurts", which premiered on Cryoshell's official YouTube channel on January 4, 2013.[1] The tracks were later confirmed to be featured on a reissue of the band's debut album set for a global release in 2014, after Cryoshell - now rejoined by Lorentzen - secured a deal with Greek metal label The Leaders, which they will release all future material through.

Regarding a second studio album, the band commented during an interview with Ravenheart Music in October 2013 "We would love to release another album, but it is not right around the corner. We are in a creative process, playing around with ideas and sounds, and we hope that it will result in an album."[2]

• Upvote 4

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

They're dead. They're all dead.

:D Jokes aside, I'm not sure how long it'll be till we hear from them again. They (somewhat) recently released a video on one of their Youtube channels of the lead singer singing one of their songs. They wanted to make an album with an "early 2014 release" but it seems like that's gone down the drain (or at least just the release date, the album will still probably find its way into existence sooner or later...).