what was the first lego set that you have gotten

Tahu3.0

Hmm... I think my first actual Lego set (not Duplo) was a blue Creator robot set I can't remember the name of. However, I owned a box of Legos from my dad way before that.

Haha lol that was actually one of my first sets too if its the one i thinking of from like 2002, but i think my very first set would have been a blue 1200 piece bucket of pieces in like 2001 or something, this was it:

3033-1.jpg

Edited by randomreviewerbros
  • Upvote 2

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

LEGO Technic Rough Terrain Crane

I broke it apart for the pieces for my BIONICLEs eventually though, I ran out of red pins.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

It was one of those brick tubs that were shaped like a 2x2 brick. It was red and had parts to build a house. I think it might have also had a green baseplate (not a very big one) Pretty neat. 

I think I still have a similar tub - mine looked like that, had house parts, and a green baseplate (or 2). I think that other parts from other sets got added to it over the years - I think I have a blue baseplate in there, but I know that it wasn't in the original set.

• 3 weeks later...

It was this green thing that could become part of a sphere and looked somewhat like Master Chief.

I can't remember what it was called anymore.

Ummmm... are you sure you're not thinking of Mega Bloks Neo Shifters?

Nope, definitely not those.

My memory is incredibly hazy on what exactly I had, but it was definitely not that spiky.

After Duplo, I got a few random Creator sets (to this day, it's the source of most of my teal System). After that, the first real sets I remember putting together was one of those tiny Star Wars sets that came out around the time of Episode I. I don't remember if it was the tiny Naboo diorama (with that crazy clam) or the original Landspeeder.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Tahnok-Kal, purchased from Costco in 2003. It took a few visits before I annoyed my dad into buying it for me. I still get chills when I see the canister art. I remember wanting to go there and just explore the landscape.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

It was this green thing that could become part of a sphere and looked somewhat like Master Chief.

I can't remember what it was called anymore.

Ummmm... are you sure you're not thinking of Mega Bloks Neo Shifters?

Nope, definitely not those.

My memory is incredibly hazy on what exactly I had, but it was definitely not that spiky.

Robopod.jpg

was it perchance this particular gem?

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

It was one of those brick tubs that were shaped like a 2x2 brick. It was red and had parts to build a house. I think it might have also had a green baseplate (not a very big one) Pretty neat. 

I think I still have a similar tub - mine looked like that, had house parts, and a green baseplate (or 2). I think that other parts from other sets got added to it over the years - I think I have a blue baseplate in there, but I know that it wasn't in the original set.

Sounds like I got the same one as you guys. I remember it came with a top hat for one of the minifigs, as well. And there were windows with shutters, or something like that.

After those, I'm guessing it may have been this guy:

6903-1.jpg

(bring back insectoids plz)

• Upvote 1

Sounds like I got the same one as you guys. I remember it came with a top hat for one of the minifigs, as well. And there were windows with shutters, or something like that.

I actually have pictures of mine here. Unfortunately, there were some Best-Lock parts mixed in, but the bucket and the linked pictures near the bottom of the entry should shed some light.