I Hate Fire Bias.

Fire villages are always in the middle of the island, and the others just revolve around it. Fire heroes are the leaders, even though they shouldn't be. (Tahu was an angry cool dude, and Vakama turned evil for a while) Fire characters usually get the gold Kanohi & armour. even into HF. Furno, being a rookie, gets his own motorcycle, then in 3.0 is given pretty much all of control by Stormer. it's like the cool kids in school that everything/everyone else revolves around. stupid tahu

Lesovikk, a Toa of Air, was the Toa leader of his team, which comprised of a Toa of Fire. Norik, a Toa of Fire, has silver Kanohi and armor. Vultraz, a Matoran of Fire, turned evil and stayed that way. Red sets sell/sold better, so it's used a lot.

Edited by Erebus

jlovfkk.jpg

Plus, being the leader doesn't mean they're responsible for all the success of the group. Think about how many times the Toa Nuva would've failed without Onua, or Kopaka (I picked the two least likely to lead). Fire may be at the forefront in some groups, but that doesn't make it the star.

Current Epic: Life is a Blank - last post Jan. 22

My Library: The Esoteric Athenaeum

Member of the Epic Critics' Club

aa0ef09c4ad9bf8017ddec306412e550_zpscff1

With the exception of Jaller, they stopped making that a rule in '06, a refreshing change in my opinion. Zaktan was the Piraka leader, Garan led the Voyatoran, Pridak led the Barraki (and though the Mahri never really had a leader, Hahli was much closer to the role than Jaller was), the Mahritoran never even had a Ta-Matoran set, Lewa led the Phantoka, Icarax led the Phantuka, Krika led the Mistuka, the Glatorian and Agori never really had a leader, Mata Nui led the Legends. Tahu keeping the lead role was just a holdover from the Mata Nui days. And as others have mentioned, plenty of non-main Toa teams had other elements as leaders. And I don't really know much about Hero Factory, but I thought the white one was the leader in the original 2010 lineup? Correct me if I'm wrong, please. :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Well, the Mahri Matoran never had a separate Ta-Matoran set, but Sarda was included in the Karzahni set. Also Antroz led the Makuta in Karda Nui, though this has nothing to do with Fire. :P And of course Ackar is acting as the leader of the Agori and Glatorian.

Edited by Erebus

jlovfkk.jpg

My guess is that when mapping character types to elements, they decided "fire" worked best for a protagonist. Strong, high-energy, determined - a lot of the typical "firey" traits work well with your typical hero.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

We get your point, as it has been made repeatedly in the past few years, and I am the last one to call it invalid... but unfortunately, hate topics aren't allowed on BZP, and neither are remarks like "stupid Tahu".My advice: BIONICLE is over now, there are no more red-centric set images, and when/if the story gets updated again or if you read recent chapters, you may find non-Fire characters at the center of the action.That said, topic closed.