Idealized

'Ayyyy, you got somedin 'gainst mah favorite ship? :talk2hand:

Personally, I'd love the story to revolve around the eventual return of the great beings. What could they have spent all this time building beyond Spherus Magna? Do they intend to protect this newly united civilization or destroy a creation gone wrong?

If it turns out a reboot, I'll be happy with however they surprise me... unless the story is drawn out to be as unfathomably shallow as Hero Factory.

sig8.png

It needs to have the same calibur of storytelling the previous series had, no matter what happens. Personally, I'd like to see a villain that could give Makuta Teridax a run for his money and have a hand in everything that goes down, but that's not to say there shouldn't be others with great characterisation either. For example, let's take "The Lord of Skull-Spiders" (hopefully this set has a different, non-google translated name): I would rather see this guy ensnare a Toa in its web and try to bite off their head before getting tag-teamed by the rest and defeated, over something lame, such as being on the verge of victory before tripping over its own webbing and falling into a volcano. And hopefully we're given a good reason why all the sets are giving us the tiny spiders and not other, smaller villians.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

What would be really cool is if we find out the Great Beings who abandoned Spherus Magna went on to build a new world, and perhaps reused names of beings from the previous world, thus making it feel like a reboot while still being in-universe.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

It's going to be really difficult to pick up where the story left off. Especially near when it abruptly stopped, the story had loads of characters running around doing their own thing and these seperate quests had little to do with each other. There are too many characters to keep track of if the storyline was to be unified, but ignoring all the random sidequests would make it feel unfinished. Personally, the way I would approach it is quickly wrapping up a lot of these unneccessary storylines, timeskip ahead a few millenia, and start anew with a new Toa team, a few old characters, and references to old events.

aouROFb.png

I am more interested in the culture and setting that takes place in the original Bionicle Universe than anything else. Because I usually like to build off of LEGO's story foundation and create my own scenarios from there. Sort of like what LEGO has done with past themes, such as Alpha Team, LEGO Island, and City.

I think 2001-2003 & 2004-2005's culture was told well (probably due to the promos, novels, and games. Such as MNOG). I wished we could of got a more in-depth culture for 2006-2010. It was pretty brief, and it didn't have that same 'umph' that the previous had. However, what makes 2006-2010 unique, was the setting and where it takes place. For example, it would take in the Abyss (2007), High Peaks (2008), and Apocalyptic (2009). 

Where I am getting at is that is that maybe we could get another unique environmental setting where the Bionicle Reboot could take place. That way, it wouldn't be so generic and boring. But don't forget to go in-depth of the matoran culture! Such explorable environments could on Space Travel (like Destiny game), Pure Underground (like City of Ember book), and/or Techno-Cyberpunk-Tron-like Neon World (like Far Cry: Blood Dragon). If we get a Techno-like environment some point in the Bionicle Reboot, that would be awesome! Can you imagine? Neon, see through, and glow-in-the-dark Bionicle pieces! That could give LEGO an excuse to use purple pieces in their sets! 

Sure, we could get another generic island environment where the story could take place in. But where's the fun in that?

Edited by Matoro Zeliph

...and/or Techno-Cyberpunk-Tron-like Neon World (like Far Cry: Blood Dragon). If we get a Techno-like environment some point in the Bionicle Reboot, that would be awesome! Can you imagine? Neon, see through, and glow-in-the-dark Bionicle pieces! That could give LEGO an excuse to use purple pieces in their sets! 

Sorry, but I just would like to expand upon this part of my post. 

It would make a great excuse to use the meh-cannon Bionicle elements in there such as; Iron, Lightning, Magnetism, Gravity, Plasma, and Sonics in order to fit the whole Cyber-Techno theme a bit more. In a way, it kind of makes sense for these elements to make apparent in this theme, than the 6 natural/traditional elements if it comes down to it.

I'd like to see this Velika thing expanded on since he doesn't seem like your regular villain, but rather a character that may have some points. I think he could open the door to ethical dilemmas in the story, which hasn't been present really. I'd also love to see the Barraki and TSO develop armies, maybe throw in Skrall in the mix? Exploring Bota Magna along with the Earth and other tribes would be cool too.

Finally, I'd love to see Pohatu and Kopaka crash the Red Star somewhere in Bara Magna and have a zombie-style story develop.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I'd like to see this Velika thing expanded on since he doesn't seem like your regular villain, but rather a character that may have some points. I think he could open the door to ethical dilemmas in the story, which hasn't been present really. I'd also love to see the Barraki and TSO develop armies, maybe throw in Skrall in the mix? Exploring Bota Magna along with the Earth and other tribes would be cool too.

Finally, I'd love to see Pohatu and Kopaka crash the Red Star somewhere in Bara Magna and have a zombie-style story develop.

This.

Also, I believe that on the LMBs, Greg said that Takanuva's destiny had something to do with a GB civil war. I get the feeling that Velika will be the cause of that war.

VBWj75sh.png

Tren Krom breaks out and tries to take control of the MU. (Obviously this would be before current story)

The excavation of the MU as they take materials out for building a new world/home. I would imagine there are several monsters and problems out there now.

The building of New Atero and the enemies that try to stop them.

The first team of Toa created for Spherus Magna

The Bahrag going crazy and having the Bohrok run a muk on Spherus Magna. The Baterra may intervene there.

Artakha arriving on Spherus Magna and confronting the Great Beings.

Those are just a handful I have.

~Xeo~

I'd like to see a total reboot, where perhaps the Toa Nuva (or Toa Mata, as long as they're all either one) awake in a land they don't remember, much like the beginning of 2001. The location could be Spherus Magna, but preferably a place that cannot be connected to the old story in any way.

Also, keep alternate universes and everything that happened in the serials away from the reboot.

I'd like to see a total reboot, where perhaps the Toa Nuva (or Toa Mata, as long as they're all either one) awake in a land they don't remember, much like the beginning of 2001. The location could be Spherus Magna, but preferably a place that cannot be connected to the old story in any way.

Also, keep alternate universes and everything that happened in the serials away from the reboot.

I don't like the idea of a whole reboot. I mean, the huge mystery has already been revealed/solved. You wouldn't be able to re-capture it from a reboot. If they did wake up in a whole new location, they better have a good reason not to remember anything again.

The serials and alternate dimensions I never really had a problem with. The only issue I had was the Swamp Strider didn't get as much coverage as I had hoped for, but oh well, I guess. The serials broadened the story and made it more full, I thought. And the alternate dimensions, although sometimes it may have been annoying, it put the characters we know and love in a new light, and in a whole new story, without disrupting the main story. And it didn't get in the way.

Sure the story writers could have just had Takanuva transported instantly to Karda Nui, or the only extra dimensional gate be the Zone of Darkness. But the way they did it I don't have a problem with.

I am not against your ideas, though. To each their own. But I am saying I would be disappointed if they rebooted the story or changed BIONICLE from how it was.

~Xeo~

If they're gonna make a new Toa Team, I'd like to see the other elements outside of the typical classic six, like Plasma, Gravity, Plantlife, and others. Not only would it be a breath of fresh air for longtime fans, but it would also give the theme some diversity. I hope that they can try and do that.

mindeth the cobwebs

A complete reintroduction to the world of Bionicle. A full reboot. The original Toa are the protagonists again, and fight against the Lord of Spiders and his minions, who are kidnapping Tohunga and bending them to his will. His minions are able to latch onto the faces of Tohunga and Toa, and bend them to his will. As the fight escalates on the island, The Lord of Spiders captures a Toa and turns him against his team, forcing the others to duel against one of their own. After the Toa is wrestled free from the encroaching darkness, the six unite and take the battle to the Spider's den.

As a total reintroduction, it's important to lay the foundation of the Toa, while giving the team conflict with others as they work through their differences. This would physically manifest through the Lord's control of one of the Toa. I also think it's important that the enemy be someone other than Makuta, but elude to a whisper in the darkness that the Toa heard when he was under the control of the Spider, this could be Makuta, or a new villain, but I feel the Lord of Spiders should only be a step toward the villain, ala Darth Vader and Palpatine.

This doesn't even bring into the plot the seeming object of power- the golden mask in promotional material. I honestly have no opinion on that.

-You're really irritating.
-Does irritating mean "fun"?