So I read in some of the blogs yesterday, and then the Tracker today, and saw that the word filter has finally been updated. And since I haven't seen anyone make a topic about this turning point in the history of BZP yet, I thought I'd make one to see what everyone thinks of this.

So, what do you all think of this? :P

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster
  • Upvote 7

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Haha, I didn't know "jerk" was filtered. Was it autochanged to "cool dude" as well?

######, ###### ###### ######. ########################################################################3

er, just checking to see if this thing still blocks all the words I would never want to use on here, and for the most part, not even in real life...

whoawhoawhoa there fishers lets calm down a bit

• Upvote 4
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Haha, I didn't know "jerk" was filtered. Was it autochanged to "cool dude" as well?

Nope, jerk was a plain old ####### filter.

Which was especially frustrating if you used "jerk" as a verb (as in, to tug or shake), because it would look like you were saying... something a whole lot less wholesome. "Oh, just give it a quick ####" or "the creature began to #### violently" or... you get the idea.
  • Upvote 15

Nope, jerk was a plain old ####### filter.

Which was especially frustrating if you used "jerk" as a verb (as in, to tug or shake), because it would look like you were saying... something a whole lot less wholesome. "Oh, just give it a quick ####" or "the creature began to #### violently" or... you get the idea.

BZPower's old filter would have made Jimmy Kimmel proud.

What others haven't been mentioned yet? BL.  S###### still filters though.

- BioGio

Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

I keep getting the urge to report the lot of you for bypassing the filter.  :P

Eh, I guess this is progress, but it never really bothered me much, except for the occasional use of "jerk" as a verb, as mentioned above.  And I think it showed a little humor in the way some of these were worded, but I guess those could rub people the wrong way... any little thing can do that apparently.

Although I will miss an cool dude.

:music:

I'm so glad mod isn't filtered anymore. This has been driving me nuts for years.

Also, Bricklink has been unfiltered for years, so you guys can stop checking that.

(Purple Dave)

Edited by DeeVee
  • Upvote 4

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Aaaahh I didn't know this happened! I'm not likely to venture back into the Libraries soon, but it's still nice to know I don't need to watch out for cool dudes sneaking into my dialogue anymore.  The good old "there are synonyms for idiot, use the thesaurus!" argument irritated me to no end back when I was active in the Libraries.  Yes, I have always been aware there are synonyms for jerk and idiot. No, they do not always fit the context or sound right for the character. Moron and imbecile are fun ones to substitute occasionally, but they sound silly when you use them too often.

• Upvote 2
aang0tt.png

YES! I can finally use the word idiot! But here's what's annoying me: the word that means the opposite of heaven is still filtered.

My reaction: "Why the is blocked by the filter?"

Blocking it for using it in the way I just used it is understandable, but I only discovered this when I used it in a genuine situation, when comparing the way the island of Mata Nui was portrayed to be a paradise, but Voya Nui was depicted as a . Only then did I discover that my choice word was blocked. 

Can someone explain why this word is blocked when, like "jerk" it has a non-insulting, non-offensive meaning?

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Hang on, just checking something. Is the word "bloody", in the context of "covered in blood" filtered? 

EDIT: No it isn't. Cool, I can use that in my fanfic then. 

BTW, is there any way to tell which words/phrases/whatever are filtered without having to put them in a post and hope for the best? Are all of the filters listed somewhere or anything? 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

YES! I can finally use the word idiot! But here's what's annoying me: the word that means the opposite of heaven is still filtered.

My reaction: "Why the ###### is ###### blocked by the filter?"

Blocking it for using it in the way I just used it is understandable, but I only discovered this when I used it in a genuine situation, when comparing the way the island of Mata Nui was portrayed to be a paradise, but Voya Nui was depicted as a ######. Only then did I discover that my choice word was blocked. 

Can someone explain why this word is blocked when, like "jerk" it has a non-insulting, non-offensive meaning?

Probably because it's a curse word, and is more often used as one. There are several other words you can use that aren't curse words. There's other uses for other curse words too, but they also will remained blocked and you will call your donkeys donkeys and your dogs dogs. Unfiltering that word is opening up a can of worms that the staff probably really doesn't want to deal with.

• Upvote 1

My reaction: "Why the ###### is ###### blocked by the filter?"

Blocking it for using it in the way I just used it is understandable, but I only discovered this when I used it in a genuine situation, when comparing the way the island of Mata Nui was portrayed to be a paradise, but Voya Nui was depicted as a ######. Only then did I discover that my choice word was blocked. 

Probably because it's a curse word, and is more often used as one. There are several other words you can use that aren't curse words. There's other uses for other curse words too, but they also will remained blocked and you will call your donkeys donkeys and your dogs dogs. Unfiltering that word is opening up a can of worms that the staff probably really doesn't want to deal with.

You have a fair point. That probably is a can of worms that doesn't need opening. But see my above post regarding the word "bloody". Used in the context "covered in blood" it is perfectly reasonable, but it can also be used as a curse word. I don't know about you, but where I'm from, "bloody" is considered more of a curse than the other word (with the exception of the local Catholic primary school). It just strikes me as unusual that one would be filtered and he other would not.

Doesn't the admin trust us to... choose our words wisely?

• 2 weeks later...