Velika's Bara Magna Agents

I think it's worth noting that Malum living in the desert is a fairly recent turn of events.  For most of the time he would have been Velika's contact, he would have been a respected, if hot-headed, Glatorian.  He also seems like someone who would help out Velika out of his own ambition.  I feel like, at some point, Greg said that Malum was his favorite Glatorian set.  I could be imagining it, though.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Velika has been communicating for the entire 100,000 year journey. I'd rule out Gresh, being a newbie and all. 

Edited by Boidoh

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Lots of good points being made on all sides. My thoughts:

Annona: Nope. I somehow doubt she'd bother with the GBs after her first failed attempt to eat their dreams/get in their heads. Plus, she was dormant for 103,000 years after the Dreaming Plague. She'd not know what was going on.

Kiina and/or Berix: Some great points were made on both sides for Kiina. I have to say I don't think it was her or Berix, though. Not only is it not in their characters, but Kiina herself expresses disdain for the GBs.

Tarix: Hailing from Tajun, I suppose he'd have easy access to the underground lab, where we saw lots of still-operational tech that could have been used for communication. We don't know a whole lot about him, so we can't say for sure it wasn't him.

Metus: I agree, he's the prime suspect. He was ambitious, and he'd see a partnership with a GB as highly beneficial. Velika would have desired someone like him, too; Metus got around a lot, and he would have had a lot of info sources. We also know Velika wanted to take over SM when he got back, so after he decided to do so, he could have messaged Metus to have him start towards taking over the Rock Tribe, as we saw Metus attempt in EotS. Velika could easily take the reigns from there and finished the conquest the Skrall started (which was going remarkable well until Mata Nui/ the Ignika arrived.)

Raanu: I can see Velika wanting Raanu for the same reason as Metus; he was in a position of power as a leader in Vulcanus. We know Raanu had some relationship with the GBs before; he collected an energized protodermis sample for them, and he apparently stuck around long enough to see the Baterra and GSR being built. The GBs would have known his capability as a loyal worker, especially if he thought he was doing what was best for Spherus Magna.

I'd argue that Velika probably had many agents in contact with him. As someone mentioned, Surel would have been useful for keeping an eye on the Element Lords (and maybe the Spirit's Wish and/or Valley of the Maze?)

• Upvote 1

My prime two suspects would be Metus and Telluris. Metus for the reasons many people have already stated. Telluris because I think that, if Velika did have multiple agents, beings like Telluris could've walked the land and seen things in the overall picture that could've been important to the GB. I could also see Atakus as one just for the Skrall. Especially since we didn't get to see him a lot in story. This would definitely make him more interesting. :P

Edit: I also think Kirbold could've been a agent. According to his BS01 page, he traveled to other villages when shipping the ore he collected for them. It could also explain why he came back to help Tardus and Crotesius were captured by the Elemental Lord of Jungle in Riddle of the Great Beings. He may have been told to go back and help them by Velika so that he could see what they found in the Valley of the Maze.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Going by the logic that it's the person you least expect, I'd cast my vote for... Crotesius.

:P

But no. In all seriousness my vote would probably go to Strakk or Branar.

Strakk because he's the kind of character who if he thinks he can make a quick buck off something, he'll do.  And what better way to make a quick buck than to buddy up with a Great Being who's making a bid to rule the planet.

Branar solely because he (seemingly) had access to the necessary technology to contact Velika. I say he had access because I vaguely recall that the skrall were described as having advanced technology (like the tracking devices mentioned in The Crossing). Though, going by that logic, it could easily of been Tuma, Stronius, or Atakus as well. 

Tarix is also a good chance in my mind. Or Atakus. Or Perditus(though preferably not him, but, meh, whatever).

EDIT: Or Vastus.

And going back to the Skrall/Atakus argument, we never did find out who lived in Roxtus before the Skrall, or what technology they had...

Edited by unknown456

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

Atakus is a good suspect, he probably had the first weapons given  to him by Velika and was instructed how to mass produce them to give the skrall superior blades to gain a advantage and he does seem to be the least suspectible since his looks could be mistaken for a bone hunter making it possibly harder to spot him.

Metus is a good second candidate to given how skilled and smart he is.

qs3135.jpg

I think Metus and Berix would be too obvious... which isn't to say that it couldn't have been either of them. Just that maybe it shouldn't be.

Is it just me, or was there not nearly enough information given about Atakus, other than the fact that his blades were from offworld? He'd also be an easy one ("oh hey, that guy we never talked about? he's Velika's contact")...

My lead suspects are Kabrua and Atakus, primarily for their weaponry.

We already know that Kabrua was in contact with Velika, but the point of this topic is that, presumably, he had other agents whose identities we were not aware of.

I hope this is Gelu.

I doubt it would be Gelu - I think he would react differently to Kabrua's lines in TYQ if he was in contact with Velika.

I personally think Tarix would be interesting as an informant.

Edited by ChroXumo

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Maybe we should make a poll out of this? Just to see everyone's ideas easier ?

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now

Maybe we should make a poll out of this? Just to see everyone's ideas easier ?

Unfortunately, there are too many options (characters) for a poll question. I just checked. 

For the record though Yalda, you should be able to make polls (and/or edit this topic to make it a poll) now. The perk was extended to all members recently. :)

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 2

Atakus' "alien blades" really don't prove anything. I feel obliged to say it once more.

Read his BS01 page. It says Atakus wields two Skrall Tribal Design Blades made with technology alien to Bara Magna. They were found in a weapons cache near what the Skrall believed to be a Baterra encampment. There. Velika didn't give them to him. and there's nothing to prove that Velika told him where to find them, either, since the Skrall already knew about the cache. 

Someone had a theory that Atakus reverse-engineered the blades to give to the Skrall or something, but this is wrong as well. According to BS01, and I quote: Atakus wields the blades with great pride as no one knows how to replicate the technology. So the mystery of Atakus' blades remains exactly that: a msytery. All we know for certain is that they were crafted using technology alien to Spherus Magna, which is how they glow. There is nothing on BS01 to suggest Velika's involvement with acquiring the weapons. He might still be a spy; I think it's entirely possible, but the weapons don't prove anything. 

What I want to know is how Velika has been contacting his agents. Is it through tech, or, as I'm beginning to suspect, telepathy? 

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I have 3 "main" suspects: Tarix, Vastus, Atakus Out of these 3, many people went into detail for Tarix and Atakus, but I feel that Vastus hasn't been really dealt with too much, so without further nonsense...

Vastus: A guilt-ridden Glatorian that seeks to reedem himself for the deaths he caused during the Core War. I feel that his view of the war is probably most similar to Velika's, thus I think that Vastus would be more than happy to establish a new world order where no war would be a problem. Plus, he thinks that defending one's people is the most important thing, how better to do that than allying with a Great Being who pulls strings left and right? As Vastus is a founder of the Arena system, one can assume that his name carries weight, fame and that he is respected by many, so if he were to support Velika's ideology, I feel that many of the people of the reformed Spherus Magna would find the idea appealing simply due to the following and fanbase he's aquired over the years. I guess that argument could be used for Tarix as well, plus the access to the Lab and whatnot.

Edited by Archon~

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Interesting points. Vastus was the one who told Mata Nui about Tarduk and his tales of the Great Maze. He was the reason Mata Nui went looking for the maze. Velika needed Mata Nui and Makuta to complete their dual destiny so that he could take over the planet, so it would make sense that he would encourage one of his agents to send Mata Nui in the right direction. 

I'll add Vastus to my list of likely suspects. 

Now Tarix. He helped develop the Glatorian system, and personally wrote down the Glatorian Creed. He certainly played an important part in the development of that part of Bara Magna society. However, Kiina often spent time inside the secret cavern, and when she wasn't there, Berix was, so I'm certain one of them would have noticed Tarix sneaking in there to play around with the ancient tech. (Unless, of course, Kiina or Berix are spies as well, which I doubt). 

It also says on BS01 that Tarix is known for his nobility and stuff, and greatly respects the traditions of the Agori and Glatorian. I think it would be kind of a dumb move to suddenly decide that one of the most noble and loyal characters was actually a spy all along, with no real reason for why he would want to. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say Tarix probably isn't one of the agents. 

I mentioned earlier that Surel could be working for Velika spying on the Element Lords and other GB locations. Here's some reasons why: He knew about the Element Lords escaping from their prisons long before anyone else did, and the fact that everyone thought he was dead served as the perfect cover. Perhaps Velika promised to repair him, so that he no longer has to walk with a limp and rely on his wolves for everything. If he is a spy, I would imagine he's just Velika's contact, and doesn't do a lot of the actual spy work. His wolves would do that for him. Surel definately has the potential to be one of the spies.

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 4

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I don't really know much about the 2009 characters, but I really, really hope it isn't Metus. It was just kind of obvious, ridiculous, and redundant to have Ahkmou be the traitor in Metru Nui as well as Mata Nui, and to do that again would just seem like a "blame it all on Metus!" thing. I'd rather it be someone else so their character can get a bit deeper and more interesting.

As I said, I don't really know enough to theorize, but I'd say Berix. He spends plenty of time in the GB lab, and he seems naive enough that if he came across some kind of communications equipment with Velika on the other side, he may not question who he's reporting to. He is jittery and nervous all the time, so maybe he does know a bit about Velika.

Vastus also sounds likely from Archon's arguments.

• Upvote 1

I'll reply to points raised as I read through, but first, my initial suspects:

-Berix, only because he has access to the underground lab of the Great Beings.

-Kiina, for same.

-Metus, because he's a scoundrel

-Malum, because he thinks, or thought, there are times for killing in situations the majority disagree on.

-Tuma, just because both he and Velika want to conquer and Velika might think it's best to just use the Skrall as pawns rather than try to fight them.

-Atakus -- the alien blades thing, but I strongly hope this isn't so as I've hoped this is simply evidence that aliens may have landed here before, sparking the GBs' original interest or perceived need to spy on other worlds to assess danger, though I guess Atakus could fill both roles consistently

Despite the above list, I suspect at least one agent would be somebody without such obvious reasons. But that could be anybody so I won't get into specific guesses.

Replies to points:

-I agree, virtual definite no to the ELs. Velika needs people who would obey a Great Being. Unless he could get just one to be loyal against the rest... maybe Rock? But as a group, I'd say no.

-I'd put Raanu (and previously Certavus) as most likely not to be, since they developed their own peaceful replacement society for the Great Beings' rule. It would be a shocking twist though if Raanu actually was, and I can't entirely rule out that it could be justified.

-I don't know what to think about Kiina. A big question is, would Velika spend time recruiting agents and telling them to keep it a total secret, who did not agree with his philosophy? And on the other hand, would he even find anybody who does agree with his philosophy? He might tell different agents different things. I doubt Kiina would agree, but if he only tells her he's a Great Being, she might not question that any Great Beings have any ill will.

-Kiina's hope of alien worlds may be irrelevant. Being an agent of Velika doesn't imply she was told of Mata Nui's findings that there definitely are, or any intel the GBs might have already had proving it (if any). Does the agent (or do the agents) actually know they're contacting somebody on the giant that left? Or just "a Great Being somewhere"?

-Yalda's point about Kiina not being "keen" (pun intentional lol? :P) on the Great Beings seems good. Only explanation I could see for that is if she is using the term as a collective label for the ones Velika disagrees with, who obviously had the power during the CW. That would require that she agrees with him probably, and she seems too moral for that.

-I suspect the agent would know they're contacting a Great Being. That would be fairly easy to arrange, actually, given that the GBs opposed the war, and the majority of the populace avoided it too. Velika could probably get almost anybody to do it by pointing that out, and just saying "but you have to keep it a secret from the others, in case anybody who's trying to start another war hears about it and stops you." He could also explain why the other GBs left the region as simply a secret threat they must deal with, and a reason he can't give more details, similar to above; so the secret couldn't fall into the wrong hands.

In fact, come to think of it, with that kind of rope-in, Velika could probably get ANYBODY, even Raanu!

-Re: "She's highly suspicious and she "hates playing messenger"" -- Neither of these seem like useful evidence. Under a scenario like the above, she would be instructed to be suspicious (a naive spy wouldn't be very useful, right?), and if she'd been playing messenger for 100,000 years, she might be quite tired of it. Suspicion could have been played on, as the GBs' lack of support of the war proving they're trustworthy (ironically).

-"Besides, most of the time she's been with Mata-Nui, Gresh, Berix, and Ackar." -- Most of what time? Mata Nui wasn't there for 100,000 years. And wouldn't following around the oddest person to ever show up there qualify as the highest priority of somebody the spy should be watching? But I still hope it isn't her, because this would imply her fascination with the possibility of aliens was just a cover. Unless, of course, it was part of what drew her to the job in the first place, but then I suspect she wouldn't be so vocal about it.

-"She seems too honest of a person to go around contacting Great Beings. And she wouldn't have been so excited when she saw Mata-Nui and learned he was alien, if she'd already been contacting one." -- Agree with first. Second assumes she believes she's contacting an alien -- all we know is the spy reports on things to a Great Being. It's possible the being didn't say who it was, but roped her in with a simple "I'm somebody very far away". In that case she wouldn't know it was a GB, but wouldn't know for SURE it was an alien either.

-"I don't think it's possible that the agents aren't fully aware of what they are doing; they should know exactly what the plan is. The fact that they were mentioned to be "loyal" followers supports this." -- I agree this supports that, but that doesn't make alternatives impossible. Say Raanu gets pulled in with the above scenario. He would be "loyal" -- as long as Velika never informs him "Hey Raany old pal, I'm going around murdering people!"

Hmmm.... I'm starting to actually SUSPECT Raanu now. He would have access to tons of information most others wouldn't, from all over that population.

-"I'm going to say with a certain degree of confidence that it is not Tuma. He was too interested in the concerns of his own people to be focused on the rest of the planet. He wanted to conquer it only to ensure his own survival." -- Actually, the timing may be great evidence for him (or Metus). I always thought it was odd that the Skrall started becoming more of a problem only just before Mata Nui arrived. It's been one of my biggest beefs with 2009 (obviously something I'm fixing in my retelling :P -- but maybe this would fix it another way? Maybe Velika informed the agent that the giant robot might be returning soon... or just that change was coming, and it was time to start conquering).

-Another thing I'm explaining in a clearly non-canon way in my retelling but that this would explain is Metus' happening to show up first when the Ignika fell. If he alone were the agent, that could explain both this and the above point. (I suppose Tuma could too, as he could somehow tip Metus off to be south. Maybe there's more than one agent and they both are, but I doubt it as their canon conversations not mentioning it would make no sense.)

-The idea that "nobody trusts Berix" is clearly false, as Berix got to sit next to Raanu himself in the final Atero competition, and it was his idea to look outside and see why the Skrall are late -- an idea which Raanu praises and trusts implicitly. If the leader of your nation trusts you, that's pretty darn near the opposite of "nobody"!

However, the people not trusting Berix actually would work as evidence. Any spy who isn't Raanu or another high-ranking official would have to actively spy on people more, including enemies. People could resent him poking his nose where it doesn't belong, and suspect him of being a traitor to the Skrall if he sneaks away to spy on them too.

-Gresh being naive is strong evidence against him, I agree. True, he could be tricked into the agreement easily but would Velika want him?

-Malum not gaining information -- it's hard to gauge this. He knew the Skrall attack was coming before it did, because the Vorox are everywhere in the desert. But that's the kind of change we'd expect him to notice; major troop movement. Subtleties of politics in the villages themselves, no.

-"I just noticed: didn't one diorama picture in Journey's End show Ackar fighting in the Core War? Wouldn't he then have witnessed the Shattering --> know about other worlds? Why would he doubt Kiina then?" -- I'm not sure what you're trying to say. They all witnessed the Shattering; Gresh did and he's the youngest, so... And why would your own planet breaking up lead to knowledge of alien worlds? It wouldn't.

-Good point that Malum in desert is recent.

-I agree Tarix is unlikely. I don't get why people are picking him. Except that loyalty could be used against him if Velika tricked him just right.

-One thought about Tuma -- seems unlikely the agent would side with Makuta, so maybe he should be out? Greg said Velika did not support Makuta. So, the above points about him and Metus could only be logically salvaged if it's Metus. Although, this assumes some things about what the agent does and doesn't know. :shrugs:

-I don't buy the "too repetitive if Metus" argument. It's odd that Metus was a traitor in such a bold way. This would nicely explain everything about his behavior; he was a "traitor" to the Skrall because he already sees himself as more important than the others and wants to use them.

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. They all witnessed the Shattering; Gresh did and he's the youngest, so... And why would your own planet breaking up lead to knowledge of alien worlds? It wouldn't.

Wouldn't they have seen, for example, Bota Magnas forests and perhaps a city or two of intelligent Vorox while it and Aqua Magna were on the orbit for 100 000 years?

I think Ackar might be trying to inflict that there are no other worlds(, although he might know of them through a special contact.)

• Upvote 1

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

What about Hero Agori? It's been said he's bery nomadic, likes helping tribes overall and has been all over and seen all kinds of interesting things on Bara Magna.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Interesting points. Vastus was the one who told Mata Nui about Tarduk and his tales of the Great Maze. He was the reason Mata Nui went looking for the maze. Velika needed Mata Nui and Makuta to complete their dual destiny so that he could take over the planet, so it would make sense that he would encourage one of his agents to send Mata Nui in the right direction. 

False. It was actually Crotesius who told Mata Nui about the expedition, as mentioned in Journey's End.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

False. It was actually Crotesius who told Mata Nui about the expedition, as mentioned in Journey's End.

Okay. Vastus' BS01 page says it was him. 

Just checked Mata Nui's Bs01 page. Here we go: [Mata Nui] talked to Vastus, who told him of Tarduk's tales of the north. While looking for Tarduk, Mata Nui encountered Crotesius, who told him of his failed journey to the Valley of the Maze with Tarduk. Mata Nui sought the Jungle Agori out, though he had already left for the north once more. So it was both of them, but Vastus mentioned it first. My original point still holds potential. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 2

Malum. He lives alone. He is away from society. People run away from him. But all he did was an arena crime. A glatorian who has been fighting for all his life does not simply get 'carried away'. If he wants to kil, he kills. If he does not, he doesn't. Simple. I think his crime was commited to get away from society, to be able to communicate better, without having to hide each time. Besides, he knows the desert better than most. He has access to more locations than people living in villages.

• Upvote 1

You know. Since Velika Does have his own Agents then he must have many (probably more then 10)

So I'm sure that at least some of these agents are characters who we already know of. But most of them we probably either don't know of or haven't seen yet.

Like for example Kabrua (not saying he's an agent but I'm just using him as an example)

I just hope that Greg doesn't forget about this and leave us with more questions then answers. But seeing is that bionicle will be coming back in 2015 (most likely) the chances of Velika's agents NOT being expanded upon is extremely unlikely.

That is if Greg is on the story team.

Edited by AidanBionicle1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Atakus's alien blades seem far too coincidental, imo, to be any sort of solid proof. If he had, say, protodermic blades, I'd be on the Atakus train 100% riding it to Atakus-is-guilty-town.

The fact that there aren't any named sentient planets outside Spherus Magna (and its chunks) plus the Mata Nui robot does give a bit of credibility to the Atakus argument (his blades were explicitly stated to be alien technology, so they're obviously not just, yknow, made out of space matter or something).

I'm not debating Atakus, but if you ask me anything inside the MU isn't quite alien to Spherus Magna, considering the MU was made on Spherus Magna. Am I being too literal? Probably, considering the intelligent life in the MU was just as capable of creation as the intelligent life outside of it. But blades don't seem to be very solid evidence to me.

I'm gonna go ahead and be a hypocrite here and go on purely coincidental evidence but I think Kiina is fairly suspect, for the aforementioned reasons about her space stuff. Also this is PURELY INSTINCT with NO EVIDENCE but I feel like Surel might still be relevant to the story.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. They all witnessed the Shattering; Gresh did and he's the youngest, so... And why would your own planet breaking up lead to knowledge of alien worlds? It wouldn't.

Wouldn't they have seen, for example, Bota Magnas forests and perhaps a city or two of intelligent Vorox while it and Aqua Magna were on the orbit for 100 000 years?

I think Ackar might be trying to inflict that there are no other worlds(, although he might know of them through a special contact.)

Still not following. You know that Kiina thought there were alien worlds, as in alien from Spherus Magna, right? She wasn't talking about people living in the northern Great Jungle region of Spherus Magna (what they called Bota Magna when it split away) -- everybody knew that.

And no, you wouldn't be able to see inhabitants of Bota Magna from Bara Maga, unless you invented a really advanced telescope maybe, but all that would establish is that "phew, some people survived there too". It would have nothing to do with Kiina's theory. Anyways, this is getting a bit off topic...

Your second sentence seems to mean that your theory is Ackar could be the spy and doesn't want Kiina (non-spy theory) to convince too many people there are alien worlds, to help cover his tracks? Makes sense. (But has nothing to do with the Shattering that I can see.)

AidanBionicle, please don't post in all-caps. It's considered yelling on the internet and is not allowed. Thanks. :)

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I'm still somewhat cautiously supporting Kiina, but I'll add my vote to Vastus as well. He's a respected Glatorian, so he would be considered less suspicious, and the point about him "getting around" and having people tell him stuff makes sense. Tarduk told his story to him, so that implies that he's somewhat trustworthy, or is viewed as trustworthy on Bara Magna. 

I'm finding the support for Atakus to be very convincing. 

However I have a small bit of information that leads me to believe that it is not him. 

Atakus was a guard of Roxtus. As a guard, he wouldn't be able to hear of the 'hush-hush' events that took place within the village since his normal occupation was on the outskirts. If Velika wanted to have an ear in Roxtus, he would have chosen someone closer to the central government. This leads me to suspect Stronius. 

I have found two key pieces of information for Stronius being Velika's ear: the first being that he didn't kill Metus. He was under orders from Tuma to kill him when he was dethroned, but he never did. This might be because Velika wanted to keep Metus alive, or for some other reason. 

The second is that Stronius avoided being captured after the defeat of Makuta. Either he was a super lucky escape artist, or Velika helped him flee by using some ooga-booga GB majik, or by ordering him to withdraw just before the Skrall's defeat. 

bZpOwEr

Zesk.

And / Or Vorox.

If they're just feeding information to Velika, then his spies don't need to be super inteligent as long as Velika can piece together everything from them, and I would assume he could.  While the Zesk wouldn't be in the midst of the politics of the villages, they could still spy on them from the desert with reletive ease, and maybe even interigate Agori they capture?  (Eh, maybe not so much on that last point.)  Plus, imaging an army of Zesk who are fiercly loyal to a GB?  Velika might have had something to do with their devolution as well, which would be ironic given what happened in the MU.

Although I don't really care because this is just bring up a more convoluted side plot from four years ago, so really what's the point?

:music:

For me its between Vastus (because he's a bit more reserved), Berix (lots of exploring and who knows what), but I'm gonna have to put my vote on Kiina. She's always interested in off-worlders and does explore a lot on her own. She may have stumbled across a communication console or something to help fuel her fanatacism about aliens. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

For me its between Vastus (because he's a bit more reserved), Berix (lots of exploring and who knows what), but I'm gonna have to put my vote on Kiina. She's always interested in off-worlders and does explore a lot on her own. She may have stumbled across a communication console or something to help fuel her fanatacism about aliens. 

I don't think its Kiina (this may have been stated before), because she seemed rather surprised when she met Mata Nui, an alien. If she had contact with aliens before, she would have not been so shocked to meet someone who wasn't native to Bara Magna. 

bZpOwEr

In response to the Malum theories - I thought it was just that he's batcrap loony. I mean, we never saw that Malum had any kind of scheming or sly personality. He's a hot-tempered, occasionally clever, killing machine.

I don't think it'd be Sisters of the Skrall, because I thought we saw them in 2009. Heck, I doubt it's anyone related to the Skrall, because they were fighting Baterra (GB's creations) basically into their own extinction.

Finally, why would it be someone COMPLETELY like a nobody? I mean, let's say it's Scodonious or Redshirtius, or whatever - why would we get a completely worthless side character who simply exists to drive a vehicle in set form to have a mindbogglingly greater background?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I don't think it'd be Sisters of the Skrall, because I thought we saw them in 2009. Heck, I doubt it's anyone related to the Skrall, because they were fighting Baterra (GB's creations) basically into their own extinction.

Velika was apparently in conflict with the other GBs, so it might make sense for the Skrall - whose numbers had been decimated by the creations of the other GBs - to side with him. That said, I agree that it wouldn't be them.

Finally, why would it be someone COMPLETELY like a nobody? I mean, let's say it's Scodonious or Redshirtius, or whatever - why would we get a completely worthless side character who simply exists to drive a vehicle in set form to have a mindbogglingly greater background?

That's really it, though - they have no preexisting backstory to conflict with being an agent of Velika. But again, I agree with you, it shouldn't be one of the minor "driver" characters.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Just noticed this on Bionicle Wiki - "Malum is Greg Farshtey's favorite 2009 character, to date."

0.o Hmm...

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

And Velika was his favorite Matoran... Also, he has stated his favorite character at various times to be Kopaka, Teridax, and Vezon. THEY'RE ALL DOUBLE AGENTS!!! :P

• Upvote 1

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

can I just say that I find it humorous that the hero agoi is more suspected then 6 others? I honestly think it's gelu. Velika could have instructed him to lead the toa who were supposed to find the other great beings into the territory of the vorox so they would never be found. I mean, Velika does believe the universe needs a firm hand to guide it and that the other great beings are incapable of being able to fill that role, so it would make sense that he would do everything possible to prevent them from being found

• Upvote 3

Whoever they are, they've been in contact with Velika since he left the planet. I doubt any spy could maintain GB tech for 100,000 years, so I think it's fairly safe to assume that Velika is using telepathy to stay in contact (especially since Velika himself didn't have immediate access to GB tech during the times he's appeared inthe story prior to his true nature being revealed). I might add that Velika's body was badly rebuilt by Karzahni, so if he were using implants, they likely would have been accidentally destroyed or removed. So I do think Velika is using telepathy. 

If my theory is correct, then having access to GB (or alien) tech doesn't immediately make any Bara Magna character one of the spies. 

I doubt Stronius was a spy. He isn't very... tactful. He's violent, brutal, and enjoy's torturing people. Not very good qualities for a spy. And the reason he didn't kill Metus was because a certain someone turned Metus into a snake, and he then slithered away. I imagine that Stronius thinks he's dead.

Not the Hero Agori. I don't even know why it's on the list. It's a nameless, genderless character who was the main character in a game and never appeared in any other canon material. As far as I'm concerned, the Hero Agori isn't even a proper character, and should be struck from the list. 

Also, to rebut a point made about Atakus. go to BS01 and read it for yourselves. His blades were made using tech alien to Bara Magna, but the weapons themselves did not come from an alien world. The design is exactly the same as the rest of the Skrall blades (which are not alien in nature). My guess is that the GB's were fooling around with some alien tech and decided to replicate some of the weapons they'd already designed. The only thing that makes Atakus' blades different to the others are that they glow. I doubt Atakus is so vain as to take glowing swords as a bribe. If Velika was bribing people with weapons, he'd give them fancy force blasters, like he did to Kabrua. 

That said, Atakus was well connected, so I can see why Veika might choose him as a spy. He was a prominent figure in the Rock Agori tribe, he was a liaison between the Skrall and the other tribes, and he worked with Metus, who I strongly suspect to be a spy as well.

So, to conclude, my list of suspects: Metus, (maybe Atakus), Vastus and Surel. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy