Can Skakdi Poop?

Ok, so despite how the title sounds, this is actually a serious question (or about as serious as it gets...). So I was out frolicking through BS01, having a merry ol' time when I suddenly came across an interesting bit of information regarding the Skakdi. Now apparently Skakdi chew their food, unlike all of the other beings in the MU, an act seen as disgusting by other beings. So, seeing as I am the wonderfully mature person I am, I had a thought: if solid matter goes in, it has to go out, right? So... can Skakdi poop?

I'm sorry, but it had to be done...

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 2

They may chew their food, but... do they actually swallow it? If not, they could just chew it up and spit it out 'cause that's what a gross, menacing species they are, and just absorb the energy in their mouths the way the Matoran species uses their hands. If they do swallow their food, their bodies could just be extremely adept at processing it and converting it all into usable energy and material, and there just isn't any waste left over that needs to exit the body, or that waste is just completely broken apart by their body and there isn't anything left, again. Why would the GBs just decide to make this species in particular poop? :P

Edited by Pomegranate
  • Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I actually asked this question in one of the topics, and someone (probably fishers64) provided me with an answer from GregF regarding the topic.

Apparently, Mu inhabitants don't have digestive systems. When they put food in their mouth, the energies from the food get absorbed by their mouth and whatever husk is left is disintegrated by the energies inside the mouth.

Hope that helps. :)

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

What a great question! I'm glad to see Storyline and Theories is back to being a place of serious Bionicle debate after all this time.

It also opens a number of equally provocative questions: can Bionicles blink? Can they sneeze? Do they have belly buttons? If they go deep underwater do their ears start to hurt?

• Upvote 7

What a great question! I'm glad to see Storyline and Theories is back to being a place of serious Bionicle debate after all this time.

It also opens a number of equally provocative questions: can Bionicles blink? Can they sneeze? Do they have belly buttons? If they go deep underwater do their ears start to hurt?

I think they blink, however not in the conventional way you and I do since they have robotic eyes. I believe it was shown in LoMN that some of the characters did appear to blink a few times.

I think they can sneeze, as in MNOLG Po Koro was shown to be sick and sneezing. Since viruses do exist and MU inhabitants have respiratory systems I imagine a character can get sick and sneeze.

No bellybuttons, as they were never attached to any umbilical cords as far as we know.

Now, I don't think their ears might necessarily hurt but characters would definitely feel the large pressure in different ways, being that they're 85% armor and what not.

Hope that helped. :P

• Upvote 2

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I like to think that the answer to this question is no. I don't have any proof to back me up, except for Archon's first post about this. I just like to think that none of the MU residents, including the Skakdi, don't have this bodily function because I don't see a reason for them to have it. But that is just my opinion.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

1. How did the Matoran eat conventionally in Mata Nui if they didn't have internal organs that processed the food?

1) They wouldn't need organs to process the food even if they did eat conventionally, as many Rahi do. In most cases, the Matoran simply touched the fruit or fish and drained energy from them. If they tried to eat it with their mouths, the physical contact would still drain the energy that they need to live and any food remnants would have been destroyed by the energies inside their body, so no waste, etc.

I'm going to go with the idea that this applies to Skakdi as well. :alien:

For clarity, though:

2) When an MU inhabitant "eats" say, a fruit or a rahi the old fashioned way or with their hands, is the organism's mass directly converted into energy?

2) No. There will be something left behind if he eats, say, a fish - essentially, a withered husk.

My interpretation of this is the following: if they eat with their hands, something is left, if the old-fashioned way, no.

Who knows what side-effects of Spiriah's experiments had. He messed with them so much that maybe they ended up not being as efficient when consuming energy, thus chewing, and maybe even pooping. 

This is the highest priority. I wonder what other MU inhabitants thought of organic animals that poop. They must have seen some on the island of Mata Nui, or at least now on Spherus Magna

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

As others have said, MU inhabitants can consume food via their mouth if they want to, but once there it is still converted to energy. Since they don't usually chew they are not used to seeing intelligent beings crush and rip things apart with their mouth, so they would classify the Skakdi's habits as animal/Rahi-like. The question is very valid, even if the wording makes it sound silly. :P

We used to have a sticky topic about Matoran life processes where this was covered at least partially, but it got lost along with most of the old forum. Maybe we should work on compiling a new one?

I think they blink, however not in the conventional way you and I do since they have robotic eyes. I believe it was shown in LoMN that some of the characters did appear to blink a few times.

I think they can sneeze, as in MNOLG Po Koro was shown to be sick and sneezing. Since viruses do exist and MU inhabitants have respiratory systems I imagine a character can get sick and sneeze.

No bellybuttons, as they were never attached to any umbilical cords as far as we know.

Now, I don't think their ears might necessarily hurt but characters would definitely feel the large pressure in different ways, being that they're 85% armor and what not.

Hope that helped. :P

The Flash animations show Matoran blinking at times, and they close their eyes now and then in the movies too. They don't appear to do so except when they really need to clear their vision or protect their eyes.

Sneezing sounds likely as well. In fact, until I understood that it was a fart joke, I thought Kapura had sneezed on the fire in the MNOG scene. There was a lot of ash in the air which could have gotten in his lungs (though he's a Ta-Matoran and should be used to it).

Belly buttons would not make sense on MU beings, I agree. A better question would be if Agori have them, as they are born rather than built.

We know they can feel pain in their "audio receptors" from loud noises. Real-life microphones are pretty much a metal version of an ear, as they have a membrane which vibrates and converts the vibrations to electromagnetic signals. MU inhabitants probably have tough ears, but water pressure would likely affect them much like it does us. The Kaukau Nuva mentions that it allows the user to withstand extreme water pressure, so it stands to reason that Toa would normally have trouble. I can only speculate whether this extends to ear pain or not, but it seems likely that it would.

• Upvote 2

The better question is whether or not people can answer a serious question (with traces of humor) without making a joke out of it (in a negative way) or making fun of the person asking the question. 

As for an answer, I'd have to agree with what others have said: if they do actually ingest any sort of food, mechanical processes within their bodies would probably break down the food into some kind of energy.

-Rez

Edited by Reznas
  • Upvote 2