Micro-Bionicle Batch 2 -- 15 Rahi and 6 Swarm Villains in LDDE

bonesiii

The Muaka in your sig caught my attention, these are really cool! They'd be great for staging certain scenes in the story at a reasonable scale and giving easier access to non-commerical set Rahi and characters etc... It'd be a dream come true for Lego to release small bags of these or something similar to the minifig ones they do at the moment. Not that that will happen but the idea is cool. May attempt to build the Muaka myself on the holidays actually if I remember, its too tempting not to. :P

That being said I would need to acquire a few pieces or have to settle for incorrect colours hmm...

Edited by Adventurer
photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

As brickshelf is now back, I've added the main LDD files at the end of the firstpost. :)

(Some errors still need fixed but I haven't had time, and only one type of Rahkshi is there. I'll probably upload a zip file with the rest of those sometime.)

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

These are awesome (and so is the first batch) but I have two Rahkshi questions. Why are the spines not silver? And shouldn't limited invulnerability be under temporary resistance?

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

It's a darn shame that those reddish brown plates with clips are rare/non-existent. The vertical one is only in one Minecraft set, the horizontal one has never been in a set. A few other parts/colors in the Tunnel Stalker look unlikely to me, such as the octagon thing. I take it you're building in Universe mode...it'd be nice to see some of these in the brick.

I have two Rahkshi questions. Why are the spines not silver?

Keep in mind the canon portrayals vary. The sets are silver, but the movies established that the spines sticking out are on the Kraata. It was also the only way to show the second colors of the Kraata.

And shouldn't limited invulnerability be under temporary resistance?

There's no real "should" here. :P The categorizations are non-canon. They could be, but I didn't want that many colors for the Paracosmos Kraata, and I used the same groupings for both versions.

I take it you're building in Universe mode

That doesn't really exist anymore; it's Extended mode. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Darn, why don't these pieces exist!? I would build almost all of these to display on my desk! It's so hard to pick favorites; the more I look, the more I like. :D The Spiny Stone Ape was an amazing creation (especially for its time), and you have definitely done it justice here. The Muaka is an amazing recreation that looks so much like the original, including the neck function! You used exactly the right parts for the Lava Hawk, the Takea is probably the best Lego shark I've ever seen, the Lightning Bug is brilliant, and the swarms really stand out. I'm a huge fan of the Bohrok, so your recreation really impresses me. The only problem with it I have is that the legs seem really short. The Rahkshi, while not a perfect recreation, almost improves on the original and looks awesome in its own right.

I can't wait to see more. You definitely know your pieces.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

These are fantastic. The Rahi are excellent as usual, but I really have to commend how you did the swarm villains. The Vahki and Rahkshi look particularly great. I'll echo what others have said and say I wish more of these parts existed in real life...

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's a crying shame so few of these could be made in real life ;_;

Currently Working On: City of the Fallen - Character Building and Script Writing

To Do: City of the Fallen - Voice Acting and Animation, Deathmatch - Character Building and Script Writing

"Wherever you go, you had better be looking over your shoulder - because one day I will be there. And I promise you it will be the last thing you will ever see."
— Lesovikk to Karzahni, Dreams of Destruction

• 1 month later...

I absolutely love these! The only thing about them I dislike is the use of the bug(?) piece for masks, other than that these are impressively accurate representations of their much larger counterparts. I would love to see versions of them for every Bionicle character, better yet I would love to have an entire shelf space dedicated to these Bio-minis were they obtainable!

I really think you should post these on Ideas, should you feel comfortable in doing so of course. I don't think they would be against the rules but I imagine there are at least 10,000 gen1 Bionicle fans who would love to have these!   :lookhere:  :biorules:

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Gotta say, Bones, a lot of your Rahi look better than the canon MoCs.  :P

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

The spiny stone ape looks gorgeous. Are these peices still available? I'd love to order them and make these for real. 

The ability to order parts through the LDD died a long time ago I'm afraid (if that's what you mean) , and quite a lot of the pieces he used are in colors they have never been. I guess you could get the parts in other colors, though.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

My thoughts:

The Bohrok Va aren't as cute when they're small.

ALL of the Rakhshi powers? That's a lot of recoloring.

That Vahki has a huge head.

A shame LEGO doesn't make BIONICLE minifigures anymore. Otherwise you could use the proper masks for the Toa than... whatever it is you're using.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...