BIONICLE Nuva: The Suva Scuffle

Jam Pot Studios

The second episode of my stop-motion series Nuva is here!

15053373695_d1e2bdf6a2_o.jpg

Click for The Suva Scuffle

This is the second episode of Nuva after Magnetic Mania, though I shot this first. The whole series is made in associated with my bros at Custom BIONICLE, and since this episode was set to go on their channel, I sort of handed it over and let them schedule it for whenever. Overall, I'm really pleased with how this turned out. I thought the backdrop would look a bit lame, but it seems to have come out okay. My only qualm would be the shot of the webbing, but I tried several times and this was still the best version. I can also confirm the names of the next three episodes! There are some more serious and Matoran-centric episodes coming...

• Ep3: Astray in the Drifts
  • Ep4: The Seventh Stone
  • Ep5: The Engineer

I'm not sure when exactly these will all come out, but their releases will alternate between my YouTube channel and the Custom BIONICLE channel, so subscribe to both to stay up to date! Hopefully the series will run beyond five episodes, too, but these are the ones I have written so far. I'm also writing for Custom BIONICLE's series MATA, which you may or may not have seen, so keep watching that space too. The first episode proved to be a great success (by my standards, anyhoo) and so I'm hoping to be able to keep making these for quite a while. Like I said, they seem well-received, and I greatly enjoy making them. At the moment, my aim is to run through the Kal saga, right to the end of 03, though that would require me to get some sets I don't have(like Takanuva, and Jaller and Gukko) which I can't really afford. I don't have much to spend on sets either, but my improvisation seems to have served me well so far.

Also, I'm always on the lookout for new voice actors, for BIONICLE and regular LEGO brickfilms. If you'd like to voice for any future films, or want to audition for a specific Nuva character, PM me a demo reel of some kind and I'll let you know if I have a part for you, though I'm afraid I can by no means guarantee that I will. Please note that I am only looking for people with microphones of good-to-high quality, so that the audio in my films is relatively consistent. For the record, iPhone microphones are good (I'm voiced for other people recently using an iPhone mic and it sounds perfectly fine).

If you have any feedback or suggestions, or things you'd like to see in a future short, feel free to post them! Like I said, I can't guarantee I'll even get to the end of this series, but I hope to, whether BIONICLE comes back in 2015 or not. BIONICLE has been a huge influence on me as I've developed as a writer and filmmaker, so it's only natural for me to come full circle.

-Jam Pot
Edited by Jam Pot
  • Upvote 2

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

That Fikou was just sitting on the Suva, thinking to itself: "haters gonna hate."

Yup. One smug little Fikou spider. I wonder why it was feeling so confident...do we think an infected Kanohi might have been at work?

Honestly, that wasn't my intention, but it could be a funny nugget of headcanon.

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg