Bionicle: ANP (Audio-Narration-Project) Casting (Narrated Bionicle Boo

joev14

Granted, not everyone can afford a studio-level microphone, but I imagine something could probably be done in Audacity or somesuch to clean it up a bit.

There's a way to do that? The problem with my audition was a faint whining noise coming from the mic/computer. If there's a way to remove that, please, enlighten me.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Granted, not everyone can afford a studio-level microphone, but I imagine something could probably be done in Audacity or somesuch to clean it up a bit.

There's a way to do that? The problem with my audition was a faint whining noise coming from the mic/computer. If there's a way to remove that, please, enlighten me.

When you record, leave a good chunk where you're not saying anything. Then, in audacity, select that chunk and Effects > Noise Removal > Get Noise Profile. Once it's done getting the noise profile, select the whole thing and hit ctrl+r (repeat last effect). That should do a decent job getting rid of background noise (as long as it's constant and not random bumps and clangs).

Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

When you record, leave a good chunk where you're not saying anything. Then, in audacity, select that chunk and Effects > Noise Removal > Get Noise Profile. Once it's done getting the noise profile, select the whole thing and hit ctrl+r (repeat last effect). That should do a decent job getting rid of background noise (as long as it's constant and not random bumps and clangs).

Takuma Nuva

Thanks.

Woah. That totally worked! Awesome!

Hey, Joev, our problem is solved!

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

A good Microphone for some sure would help. Im not saying a 200 dollar expensive one, But if you invest in a headset for around 30-40 dollars, that should do the work.

Are you referring to the current cast? Pretty much the entire main cast has studio microphones.

If we don't have the books, will you supply us with the text? Also, will you do the movie books as well? If so, I'd really like to voice Takanuva/Takua whatever. :)

We...may...have a way of doing that. Shoot me a PM with an audition application, and we can talk more there. ;)

This sounds like an awesome project. I'm in the process of reading all the books myself, and audio books would be an awesome way to go about it. If I had more time I'd love to help out. Even if it's just a really small role. I could probably do a couple of lines.

-NotS

Shoot me a PM with an audition application, we'd love to have you join us!

I wouldn't mind doing Vezon, if you guys ever get to 2006, but just for fun here is a link to a video of my voice impression of Vezon. I could maybe to other voices, but currently I can't think of anything, any suggestions?

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

I wouldn't mind doing Vezon, if you guys ever get to 2006, but just for fun here is a link to a video of my voice impression of Vezon. I could maybe to other voices, but currently I can't think of anything, any suggestions?

I don't make these decisions (well, I have some input), but that's actually pretty awesome.  I keep hearing (whenever I've heard Vezon things) Joker sound-alikes, but this was actually really interesting.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

I don't make these decisions (well, I have some input), but that's actually pretty awesome.  I keep hearing (whenever I've heard Vezon things) Joker sound-alikes, but this was actually really interesting.

Thanks for the feedback, I wanted to put a more unique voice that was similar to the Joker, but different enough that it didn't sound like a cheap Joker rip off.

I am auditioning for the roles in the Chronicles series, so we will see what happens. Oh and if anyone needs a Vezon voice actor for whatever reason, send me an email. 

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

I'm excited to take part in this once the coming books arrive. Being a VA is my dream job, and lending a hand to this sounds fun. =3

I'm in the same boat as you! This is great experience if you ever plan on doing it professionally.  ^_^

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Dang I'm torn on whether I should consider signing up for this or not. On the one hand this does seem really cool and interesting, on the other I got college and work. Oh choices.

Yah, college is a downer when it comes to projects like this.

If it helps, Joev is very good at working around our schedules. Not to mention, their are small parts that will need to be filled!

-SK

That's good, hopefully I won't fall behind on homework. Figuring out who to voice is another matter though.

You still interested? If time is an issue, there are minor characters open. :)

An ambitious project to be sure. I wish you all the luck in the world and look forward to seeing the results. Are you going to be going through the books by release date then?

No surprise whatsoever that Eljay has a hand in this as Lewa. I'd also like to say that the voices lined up for Pohatu, Kopaka, and Gali are fantastic. Pretty much spot on with my head canon (although sometimes Kopaka did sound more like Steve Blum in my head...). My only concern is what seem to be some obvious issues with the playback quality. Granted, not everyone can afford a studio-level microphone, but I imagine something could probably be done in Audacity or somesuch to clean it up a bit.

Honestly, I'd be very interested in playing a part in all this. I just worry about having the time to do it in between school (that and what happens when one of the characters winds up with a MN accent? :P).

Takuma Nuva

Still interested in voicing someone? :P

I need this in my life. I was actually searchig youtube for some bionicle audiobooks the other day

when is the first book estimated to release?

Chapter 1 is out, hoping to have the book finished by mid-October, the way things are going. :)

This sounds like an awesome project. I'm in the process of reading all the books myself, and audio books would be an awesome way to go about it. If I had more time I'd love to help out. Even if it's just a really small role. I could probably do a couple of lines.

-NotS

Go ahead and shoot me a PM!

Edited by joev14

If you ever get to the Legends books, I'd love to audition for the part of the "Builder of the Toa Canisters." He might not be a huge character, but he seems interesting. Sadly I don't own the Bionicle books, but I may be able to borrow the one I'd need from the public library. Anyway...

Nice job on the second chapter, it's sounding good so far. Keep up the good work. : )

If you ever get to the Legends books, I'd love to audition for the part of the "Builder of the Toa Canisters." He might not be a huge character, but he seems interesting. Sadly I don't own the Bionicle books, but I may be able to borrow the one I'd need from the public library. Anyway...

Nice job on the second chapter, it's sounding good so far. Keep up the good work. : )

Shoot me a PM! We are planning on doing the Legends Books. :)

• 3 weeks later...

GreySnow has been cast for the role of Matau!

IXRollOutIX has been cast for the role of Onewa!

Skullkid has been cast for the role of Krana & Krana-Kal!

Casting for Book 2: Beware the Bohrok, is closed, excluding the role of Gahdok

• Upvote 1

If you're announcing this now, then why couldn't we talk about it in the meet the cast thing?

Anyway, I look forward to being Matau.

Even though casting for Vakama is closed, the final decision hasn't yet been made on it (Though everyone will know the final call by Sunday). Since Matau & the Krana aren't even in book 1, I wanted to have it be a semi-surprise.

MrSciFiGuy has been cast for the role of Vakama! Edited by joev14

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Joev, just checking in to make sure that progress on this project is still in motion! Looking forward to the third book, and congrats on finishing book 2!

Book 3 has been delayed due to time constraints. However, rest assured it will be out by early January, perhaps sooner!

Hey Joev, just checking in to make sure that progress on this project is still in motion! Looking forward to the third book, and congrats on finishing book 2!

Book 3 has been delayed due to time constraints. However, rest assured it will be out by early January, perhaps sooner!

Alright, glad to hear it, man!

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I call dibs on Takua in Mask of light!!!

Alas, if every problem in the world could simply be solved by calling dibs, it would easy, but there would be a whole lot of resentment. Also there would have to be rules....and referee.....not to mention tiebreakers.......maybe horses, I dunno.

Eitherway my good sir, you seem quite eager, so why don't you take a look at the first page, first post, and follow the instructions for a proper audition. Joev will be more then happy to listen.

-SK

• Upvote 2

pohatu_like_a_boss.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I call dibs on Takua in Mask of light!!!

Alas, if every problem in the world could simply be solved by calling dibs, it would easy, but there would be a whole lot of resentment. Also there would have to be rules....and referee.....not to mention tiebreakers.......maybe horses, I dunno.

Eitherway my good sir, you seem quite eager, so why don't you take a look at the first page, first post, and follow the instructions for a proper audition. Joev will be more then happy to listen.

-SK

Unfortunately yes, you must first audition before you can be given a part. And alas, there can't be any dibs called in here. :P

• 6 months later...

I sent a audition post about this back in April and never got a reply. At first I thought it just didn't notify me of a response in Gmail and by the time I figured I must have to actualy check BZP it must be to late, but I checked and still no response? I think I made the post wrong (I litteraly JUST joined the sight for this project XD) so how can I fix it/were we supposed to do the audition with you or record something and send it in? Now that it looks like you've got your Vezon I'm less keen on joining, but I figured it was about time I saw what went wrong.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey everyone! We're back with a remastered edition of chapter 1! Chapter 3 will also get a remastering treatment, then it's back to releasing chapters of Makuta's Revenge!

Also, for those of you who are interested, there are now downloadable versions of the first few chapters on mediafire. Links to them will be provided in the descriptions of each chapter!