Karzahni and his Masks

According to BS01, Karzahni "hosted" Jaller and his matoran crew for a time. When they travelled to his realm, Karzahni promptly had their masks removed and replaced with the non-organic versions of the Toa Inika masks. Did Karzahni make these masks that he forced them to wear? What about Kongu's Soletu? It seems like Kongu knew what type of mask that was because he swiched it with Karzahni's provided mask at the last second.

When the Voya Nui Resistance Team found their easy into Karzahni's Lair, I am assuming he made them remove their masks as well. When the team left the realm, they were wearing Powerless Great Kanohi. Do you think they found those masks? Did Karzahni possibly make them? Did they leave unmasked? 

One of my friends suggested that Karzahni kept piles of masks to fix Matoran. That would be pretty cool.

We know the Suletu was found by the Matoran before they entered. The others, I don't think we know. I always assumed he was just switching masks of Matoran who came in to be repaired, including some who died in his realm probably.

Did they leave unmasked?

Not sure I understood who you're talking about, but Matoran without masks go into a coma. Presuming you're referring to Matoran, like Jaller's group or the Voyatoran, they had masks (had to).

Yes, he presumably keeps a pile of spares for this.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Swapping masks could be something like stripping who they once were, and then they live as Karzahni sees fit. Or just a power trip. 

But I don't think they would leave maskless.

Karzahni's job was to repair Matoran and send them back. But he was unable to repair them correctly and ended up rebuilding them into weaker forms. So he hid them by sending them south, but with weapons to protect themselves. 

I assume he does not have a shortabe of parts or masks for the matoran

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Kongu did know the Suletu was a mask of telepathy because Takanuva wore it and found out its power.

I don't think he made every single Matoran change his/her mask, I'd say he gave the Inika masks to Jaller's crew because their masks were probably nice, clena and well preserved while the Inika ones might have been dirty and even a little damaged or something, so Karzahni wanted to make them embrace the environment of the island.

Actually I don't think Kongu liked his mask power at all. In fact, one of the reasons he held a grudge against Nuparu was because he had gotten the mask of flight. Also, having the ability to read minds is really cool, but being forced to a hundred percent of the time can drive you insane. No wonder his face looks so mean on Voya Nui.  :D

• Upvote 3

So did Karzahni give the Voya Nui Resistance team their powerless noble masks, or did they already come with them? In which form of matoran did the VNRT come to Karzahni? 

It says in Karzahni's BS01 page that he gave the Matoran that came to his land masks of his own twisted design. So I'd say that he indeed gave them new ones.

As for what they looked like before being sent to Karzahni's realm, they looked somewhat like the Mahri Nui Matoran, according to BS01. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

• 2 weeks later...

When the Matoran were created, were they made in the Metru form? Was Velika in that group; was he made as a Metru Matoran or a Mata Matoran? Are there better terms for these? I can't find very much information on the different stages of the matoran...

When the Matoran were created, were they made in the Metru form? Was Velika in that group; was he made as a Metru Matoran or a Mata Matoran? Are there better terms for these? I can't find very much information on the different stages of the matoran...

1. Its possible that they had that form, since I think it was stated that the Metru Nui form of Matoran was the most common one. BS01 does state, however, that Matoran from different regions have different sizes and shapes. So it could also be possible that they were created in more of a Mahri Nui form than a Metru Nui one. 

2. Velika wasn't 'made' as a Matoran. He transferred his consciousness into the body of a Po-Matoran and took on the name 'Velika' instead of his real name. I don't think it was ever stated what form the Po-Matoran's body was in when Velika went into it.

3. I don't think that there are any canon terms. There may be some fan-created ones, but if there are I don't know them. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Thank you for answering my questions, I have more. When did Velika move into a matoran body? When in relation to when the Matoran went into canisters from Metru Nui to Mata Nui? I am perfectly fine with opinion answers if BS01 or others sites do not have this information. Thank You

I think Velika would have to establish himself as a Matoran long before the events of the Great Cataclysm. Otherwise Garan and Co. probably would have thought of him as weirder than he was. 

Also, he would have to have enough time to earn TK's trust, so it was probably at least a few thousand years.

I think Velika would have to establish himself as a Matoran long before the events of the Great Cataclysm. Otherwise Garan and Co. probably would have thought of him as weirder than he was. 

Also, he would have to have enough time to earn TK's trust, so it was probably at least a few thousand years.

Okay so were all Matoran (including Velika) in Metru Nui Form before the Great Cataclysm? 

Okay so were all Matoran (including Velika) in Metru Nui Form before the Great Cataclysm? 

No, Karz probably transformed his share of Matoran into Karztoran before the cataclysm.

Has anything been confirmed or denied on Firox's theory about Velika giving the matoran their sentience? I thought it was an excellent theory. Also, is there any particular evidence against the possibility of Velika wearing a powerless Noble Ruru before Karzahni gave him his Great Komau?

Has anything been confirmed or denied on Firox's theory about Velika giving the matoran their sentience? I thought it was an excellent theory.

As far as I know, that particular theory has been confirmed.

1) This makes sense. Are there any of these theories that we've come up with that you like the best? Do you have any preferred reason for Velika giving them sentience as of yet?

1) Not a preferred theory, no, but I do think we can take as a given that Velika was responsible.

(Source)

Also, is there any particular evidence against the possibility of Velika wearing a powerless Noble Ruru before Karzahni gave him his Great Komau?

None that I know of.

Edited by fishers64