Mixels (three tribes!)

The Branch Bunch are very cool, although Snang looks a bit too big and Stomph a bit too small. Is either within the piece count range of real Mixel sets?

snang is yeah, defs too big, i'm trying to reduce that piece count (simplifiyng the feet for starters,)

stomph is almost 60 pieces. so, while small in form, is within piece range, i think. :0

(i should also remember to make that Branch Bunch max sometime soon, haha. )

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

You could probably cut Snang's feet down to, I don't know, four pieces each? I think Stomph is fine, even if he looks a bit stout at first glance.

that's just what i was going to do, yeah!

or, what i did, Snang is fixed, with a still rather high 73 pieces. (i couldn't remove any more.)

the Branch Bunch MAX has also been added!

(the old snang can be seen by putting "old" at the end of the current snang's filename.)

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde

Nice update.

While the original foot design for Snang perhaps looked a bit better, this one looks more like something that would appear on an actual set, which I quite like considering the nature of this project.

The BB Max is cool as well.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

As others have said, Doon is incredible. It's making me wonder if it was inspired at all by the worm-like creatures in the homonymically-named Dune series.

I'd say my favorites in the other tribes are Drizz and Stomph.

All in all, this is a very creative lineup. What is the imaging software you used for it? They look very high-quality.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

As others have said, Doon is incredible. It's making me wonder if it was inspired at all by the worm-like creatures in the homonymically-named Dune series.

I'd say my favorites in the other tribes are Drizz and Stomph.

All in all, this is a very creative lineup. What is the imaging software you used for it? They look very high-quality.

i've been using POV-Ray, as suggested by a relative. (first using the LDD-to-POV converter) and, these are actually done at the lowest possible settings (haha, old computer.) so this is kinda a bare minimum to expect from it.

as for Doon, i kinda went for sandworms, and sandworms in general. so i have no idea what similarities there may be. (though the name is definitely just a funny way of spelling "Dune")

• 3 weeks later...

>not naming the Plumbernaut Schnozzle

That aside, I'm very impressed with all these original Mixels. I especially like the Squirmisites, what with their amorphous-looking bodies and no clear (from what I can tell) design influences (like Drizz being an umbrella with water dripping off of it, Schnozet being a faucet, Floosh being pipes, or all the Branch Bunch being trees).

• Upvote 1

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

I especially like the Squirmisites, what with their amorphous-looking bodies and no clear (from what I can tell) design influences (like Drizz being an umbrella with water dripping off of it, Schnozet being a faucet, Floosh being pipes, or all the Branch Bunch being trees).

Squirmisites are all worms! with Planar being a flatworm, Doon being a sandworm and Squeem being an earthworm (or generic "worm")

it was really the first idea i got when the notion of a pink tribe entered my mind. :u

While Doon is undoubtedly a work of art (and one great reference), Drizz resembles a classic cartoon-y waterspout in a way that's totally endearing.

I really like what you've done with the Mixel aesthetic here, and appreciate the challenge the form gives MOCists to overcome.

Ah, thanks! c:

since these got so popular, i might actually aim for three more.

gotta give them careful consideration though. these guys set my bar a bit high it seems. :0

Wow! Great job, dude! You should totally go for those next 3 Mixels! 

Also, you should try making Mixes between Mixels of different themes like TLG does. 

Still, awesome job!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

hey, wow, could it be? it's a SERIES 2! O:

(now the topic title is a lie. :u)

Series 1

Series 2 (you're on it)

Series 3

NOISE GUYS

The energetic Noise Guys love to party, always rocking out in their echoing mountain halls. however, they don't seem to realize sometimes it's time to be more serious.

dysp14.png

Boomix

69 pieces

Boomix is a blast to have at an event, with endless energy and loads of wacky sounds. but also an extreme lack of understanding of what a "lowered voice" should be.

dysp13.png

Sondar

49 pieces

The leader of the Noise Guys, Sondar is always alert and aware, with round dishes capable of seeing hearing things very far away! (more often, they're used for making awesome party beats.)

dysp15.png

Eardo

60 pieces

Eardo is extremely sensitive to sound, upset greatly even by someone breathing a bit too loud. The booming beats of other Noise Guys, though, are no problem at all!

AUTOCONS

The speedy Autocons just won't slow down! Roaring around the roads of their busy city, they drive circles around slower mixels. and nixels just can't keep up!

dysp17.png

Vvoom

55 pieces

Of all the fast Autocons, Vvoom is the fastest, rushing forward with no sign of slowing, ever! It can be quite hard to find a time when Vvoom is still enough to talk to.

dysp18.png

Weelz

60 pieces

Weelz can perform great skate tricks on those great big wheels, flipping and spinning with relative ease. Though when it comes to going in a straight line, Weelz is a little clumsy.

dysp19.png

Moturr

58 pieces

While lacking somewhat in speed, Moturr makes up in age and wisdom. Sitting in an old chair, telling tales of how it used to be... and falling asleep! As leader of the Autocons, Moturr helps keep he younger mixels on track.

CAVALRITES

With a noble sense of justice and a brave heart, A cavalrite always does right! or, what they think is right anyway. watching for perils from the peaks of their iron fortress, this tribe enjoys nothing more than saving a friend in "need".

dysp21.png

Tonndre

60 Pieces

dysp22.png

Sheld

50 Pieces

dysp23.png

Slizor

72 pieces

• Upvote 8

I had to go look up what Mixels were last night since I hadn't heard of them. I guess I've been out of the loop for a while.

That being said, these seem to do a good job of capturing the essence of what the Mixels are. Out of the Squrmisites Doon is my favorite. Overall though, I think Schnozet has to be my favorite. The droopy snout is kind of cute and it reminds me of something else, although I can't place it right now.

signoff2.png

• 2 weeks later...

So are these guys actually buildable? Like do all of the parts exist in the colors shown? 'Cause I totally wanna make the Squirmisites now. Do you have a full parts listing somewhere for each?

i'm faaairly certain doon, at least, is unfortunately unbuildable.

a lot of the colors used: dark orange, titanium-metallic, all shades of purple or pink. just don't quite come in a lot of pieces. :0

• 2 weeks later...

These fellows are really creative! The Squirmisites are probably my favorites, just because they're so different and unique.

Currently Working On: City of the Fallen - Character Building and Script Writing

To Do: City of the Fallen - Voice Acting and Animation, Deathmatch - Character Building and Script Writing

"Wherever you go, you had better be looking over your shoulder - because one day I will be there. And I promise you it will be the last thing you will ever see."
— Lesovikk to Karzahni, Dreams of Destruction

fiddlesticks!

well, update: Due to LDD to POV being silly, renders will be a wee bit late. :0

but! i do have the final Noise Guy and two Autocons done, so. i'm not slacking off here. :u

(also. thanks.)

Update #2: eh, LDD screenshots okay with you guys? 'cause i didn't want to delay until the topic died or anything, and you can still see the designs okay. hopefully i can find the holdup soon. (also, Sondar and Boomix have piece counts now.)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I personally like the forest dwellers... Yeah they were in your series 1 but so what.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

okay, i have the first tribe of SERIES THREE so here goes

Series 1

Series 2

Series 3 (you're on it)

BYSMALS

Deep in the smokey dark crevices under mixel land live the Bysmals, this seldom-seen spooky tribe love a good scare, but really hate fresh air and sunlight!

dysp25.png

Amutt

??? pieces

A grouchy mixel who doesn't get along, Amutt has taken a particularly large claim of land, and doesn't let anyone on it, not even the other bysmals!

dysp26.png

Oggle

??? pieces

Oggle has good vision, from all the eyes! but Oggle also likes to sneak around and look at other mixels things, if it isn't Oggle's business, Oggle makes it Oggle's business.

Thulos

There is not yet a picture of Thulos!

??? pieces

Thulos is possibly the oldest mixel around, so old even he's forgotten by now. He also claims to be the wisest, and once Thulos starts talking, it's hard to stop him...

???

Serrah

Gildie

Wizpo

???

Milla

Floatsam

Clud

• Upvote 1