• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Mixels (three tribes!)

Featured mixels

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2014 - 10:33 PM

POPULAR

Series 1 (you're on it)

Series 2

Series 3

SQURMISITES

The squishy Squrmisites love to lend a hand-or-similar-appendage to a friend in need. that is, when they aren't busy rolling in dirt or eating dead leaves in the rotting gardens they call home.

dysp1.png

Planar

46 Pieces

Even more willing to help than most Squirmisites, Planar may even try to help when you don't need any! But if you do, a body flatter than most mixels helps with those tight pinches!

dysp2.png

Doon

54 pieces

The armor covered leader of the Squrmisites is always in the mood for a friendly greeting, though you might not want to shake hands with Doon's sharp tail claw.

dysp3.png

Sqeem

50 pieces

Full of energy and almost never standing still, Squeem is nearly always tied in a slipper knot! Lacking any actual hands, Sqeem's long tongue makes a sutible substitute.

dysp4.png

Squirmisite MAX

PLUMBERNAUTS

The Plumbernauts are always trying to fix things, but their repairwork usually leaves it spewing water everywhere. (even if it didn't have any water in it to begin with.) They are always eager to explore, and have charted many parts of the underground sewers the live in.

dysp6.png

Schnozet

49 pieces

The Slow-moving Leader of the Plumbernauts is very smart, but not well-liked by many other mixels. the constant drippy nose doesn't help much.

dysp7.png

Drizz

72 pieces

A shy and easily scared Mixel, Drizz is often found hiding away from every loud noise, even the sounds of the other Plumbernauts working.

dysp5.png

Floosh

64 pieces

This high-pressure mixel is the Plumbernauts best defens against nixels. Floosh's arms are always ready to release masive bursts of water. great for defense, but not so fun at a party.

dysp8.png

Plumbernaut MAX

BRANCH BUNCH

A mixel tribe with a strong sense of order and safety, the Branch Bunch make and enforce a lot of weird rules for other mixels that walk into their forest. other mixels find them to be a bit stiff.

dysp9.png

Sequi

66 pieces

Thinking itself taller than others around, Sequi is actually very short. don't say that around this mixel though, because a short temper and a pointy head are a painful mix.

dysp10.png

Snang

73 pieces

The tallest and strongest, Snang can easily lift fallen logs and boulders, clearing a pat for smaller mixels. Though imposing in appearance, this mixel is actually quite gentle.

dysp11.png

Stomph

58 pieces

Everything's a joke to Stomph, a very funny one at that! If something's funny enough, Stomph will laugh and stomp up and down on three heavy feet.

dysp12.png

Branch Bunch MAX

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde, Feb 15 2015 - 12:04 PM.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg6.pngbnnrimg7.pngbnnrimg8.png

Corpus Rahkshi characters: Snap, Teeth ,Rose,Kaita

#2 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 07-August 12
  • 2,877 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 30 2014 - 06:55 AM

From what's already present, I like these. Doon is my favorite.

My experience with graffiti was critical to my success in creating an army of murderous seagulls.

feelin crabby?

#3 Offline Ghidora131

Ghidora131
  • Banned Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 21-June 13
  • 6,973 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 30 2014 - 11:04 AM

I agree with Chro, Doon is something unique.

#4 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 30 2014 - 01:40 PM

It's great to hear Doon is well recieved, since Doon is actually my own personal favorite! c:

also...

Branch Bunch and Plumbernauts have been added, as promised!

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde, Aug 30 2014 - 01:41 PM.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg6.pngbnnrimg7.pngbnnrimg8.png

#5 Offline Akavakaku

Akavakaku
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 20-April 14
  • 1,314 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2014 - 05:12 PM

The Branch Bunch are very cool, although Snang looks a bit too big and Stomph a bit too small. Is either within the piece count range of real Mixel sets?

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

#6 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2014 - 05:39 PM

The Branch Bunch are very cool, although Snang looks a bit too big and Stomph a bit too small. Is either within the piece count range of real Mixel sets?

snang is yeah, defs too big, i'm trying to reduce that piece count (simplifiyng the feet for starters,)

stomph is almost 60 pieces. so, while small in form, is within piece range, i think. :0

(i should also remember to make that Branch Bunch max sometime soon, haha. )

#7 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 07-August 12
  • 2,877 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2014 - 06:27 PM

You could probably cut Snang's feet down to, I don't know, four pieces each? I think Stomph is fine, even if he looks a bit stout at first glance.

My experience with graffiti was critical to my success in creating an army of murderous seagulls.

feelin crabby?

#8 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2014 - 09:38 PM

You could probably cut Snang's feet down to, I don't know, four pieces each? I think Stomph is fine, even if he looks a bit stout at first glance.

that's just what i was going to do, yeah!

or, what i did, Snang is fixed, with a still rather high 73 pieces. (i couldn't remove any more.)

the Branch Bunch MAX has also been added!

(the old snang can be seen by putting "old" at the end of the current snang's filename.)

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde, Aug 31 2014 - 10:08 PM.

#9 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 07-August 12
  • 2,877 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2014 - 10:23 PM

Nice update.
While the original foot design for Snang perhaps looked a bit better, this one looks more like something that would appear on an actual set, which I quite like considering the nature of this project.
The BB Max is cool as well.

feelin crabby?

#10 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 02 2014 - 01:15 AM

dysp8.png

the final model for this three-tribe project...

Plumbernaut Max! (finally)

#11 Offline TurteX

TurteX
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 09-March 13
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 02 2014 - 01:24 AM

Fantastic work! They almost look like real Lego sets. :P

I do especially like the: Plumbernaut MAX

-  :t: :u: :r: :t: :e: :x:

Check out my photostream at Flickr!

#12 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 03 2014 - 08:08 PM

Fantastic work! They almost look like real Lego sets. :P

I do especially like the: Plumbernaut MAX

then i have succeeded in my goal! :U

(also, good to hear, i was trying to evoke the feeling of what a PLUMBERNAUT would actually be, y'know?)

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde, Sep 03 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#13 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 22-October 11
  • 1,534 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 05 2014 - 09:24 PM

As others have said, Doon is incredible. It's making me wonder if it was inspired at all by the worm-like creatures in the homonymically-named Dune series.

I'd say my favorites in the other tribes are Drizz and Stomph.

All in all, this is a very creative lineup. What is the imaging software you used for it? They look very high-quality.

#14 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 07 2014 - 02:40 PM

As others have said, Doon is incredible. It's making me wonder if it was inspired at all by the worm-like creatures in the homonymically-named Dune series.

I'd say my favorites in the other tribes are Drizz and Stomph.

All in all, this is a very creative lineup. What is the imaging software you used for it? They look very high-quality.

i've been using POV-Ray, as suggested by a relative. (first using the LDD-to-POV converter) and, these are actually done at the lowest possible settings (haha, old computer.) so this is kinda a bare minimum to expect from it.

as for Doon, i kinda went for sandworms, and sandworms in general. so i have no idea what similarities there may be. (though the name is definitely just a funny way of spelling "Dune")

#15 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 22-October 11
  • 1,534 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 07 2014 - 03:15 PM

Oh. I have POV-Ray, but haven't really used it much (or in a while, at that). Nice, though.

#16 Offline Banana Gunz

Banana Gunz
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 25-July 14
  • 1,572 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 07 2014 - 10:17 PM

I love these! Most of them feel like real mixels that would be made! Thumbs up to you!

tumblr: it's a lovely place to be if you've gone mad

flickr: mah yummy gross pics mmm

facebook: HA

Pew Pew

Pew Pew Pew

#17 Offline Great Mask Of ????

Great Mask Of ????
  • Members
  • Toa

• 16-June 08
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2014 - 06:51 PM

>not naming the Plumbernaut Schnozzle

That aside, I'm very impressed with all these original Mixels. I especially like the Squirmisites, what with their amorphous-looking bodies and no clear (from what I can tell) design influences (like Drizz being an umbrella with water dripping off of it, Schnozet being a faucet, Floosh being pipes, or all the Branch Bunch being trees).

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House
Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.
Current MOCs:
ROTF Ravage.
Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.
This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

#18 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2014 - 10:19 PM

I especially like the Squirmisites, what with their amorphous-looking bodies and no clear (from what I can tell) design influences (like Drizz being an umbrella with water dripping off of it, Schnozet being a faucet, Floosh being pipes, or all the Branch Bunch being trees).

Squirmisites are all worms! with Planar being a flatworm, Doon being a sandworm and Squeem being an earthworm (or generic "worm")

it was really the first idea i got when the notion of a pink tribe entered my mind. :u

#19 Offline Kagome

Kagome
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Kagome

• 05-February 03
  • 6,585 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 26 2014 - 10:26 PM

While Doon is undoubtedly a work of art (and one great reference), Drizz resembles a classic cartoon-y waterspout in a way that's totally endearing.

I really like what you've done with the Mixel aesthetic here, and appreciate the challenge the form gives MOCists to overcome.

#20 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2014 - 10:40 PM

While Doon is undoubtedly a work of art (and one great reference), Drizz resembles a classic cartoon-y waterspout in a way that's totally endearing.

I really like what you've done with the Mixel aesthetic here, and appreciate the challenge the form gives MOCists to overcome.

Ah, thanks! c:

since these got so popular, i might actually aim for three more.

gotta give them careful consideration though. these guys set my bar a bit high it seems. :0

#21 Offline craafzhik

craafzhik
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 27-September 14
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2014 - 03:28 PM

snang is probably my favorite out of all the normal mixels. my favorite tribe would also be the branch bunch. though my favorite mixel max is definitely the plumbernaut max.

#22 Offline BioSlayer

BioSlayer
  • Members
  • Toa

• 07-September 09
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2014 - 12:43 PM

Ooo, I love the plumbernauts. The max kind of remind me of set 4099.

My lego.com name is frodobaggins29, And I am bioslayer on eurobricks.
I am a Lego Brand Retail employee.

#23 Offline UngluedBike

UngluedBike
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 18-November 13
  • 1,355 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2014 - 01:26 PM

Nice, I could have easily mistaken them for genuine Mixels :D

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

#24 Offline Kagome

Kagome
  • Premier Member
  • Literally Kagome

• 05-February 03
  • 6,585 posts

Posted Oct 03 2014 - 10:28 PM

since these got so popular, i might actually aim for three more.

gotta give them careful consideration though. these guys set my bar a bit high it seems. :0

You did set the bar quite high for yourself, but I believe in you. Congrats on the front page feature, too!

#25 Offline Dallior

Dallior
  • Members
  • Fez Unleashed

• 25-September 14
  • 1,363 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2014 - 09:07 PM

Wow! Great job, dude! You should totally go for those next 3 Mixels! 

Also, you should try making Mixes between Mixels of different themes like TLG does. 

Still, awesome job!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

#26 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2014 - 12:22 PM

hey, wow, could it be? it's a SERIES 2! O:

(now the topic title is a lie. :u)

Series 1

Series 2 (you're on it)

Series 3

NOISE GUYS

The energetic Noise Guys love to party, always rocking out in their echoing mountain halls. however, they don't seem to realize sometimes it's time to be more serious.

dysp14.png

Boomix

69 pieces

Boomix is a blast to have at an event, with endless energy and loads of wacky sounds. but also an extreme lack of understanding of what a "lowered voice" should be.

dysp13.png

Sondar

49 pieces

The leader of the Noise Guys, Sondar is always alert and aware, with round dishes capable of seeing hearing things very far away! (more often, they're used for making awesome party beats.)

dysp15.png

Eardo

60 pieces

Eardo is extremely sensitive to sound, upset greatly even by someone breathing a bit too loud. The booming beats of other Noise Guys, though, are no problem at all!

AUTOCONS

The speedy Autocons just won't slow down! Roaring around the roads of their busy city, they drive circles around slower mixels. and nixels just can't keep up!

dysp17.png

Vvoom

55 pieces

Of all the fast Autocons, Vvoom is the fastest, rushing forward with no sign of slowing, ever! It can be quite hard to find a time when Vvoom is still enough to talk to.

dysp18.png

Weelz

60 pieces

Weelz can perform great skate tricks on those great big wheels, flipping and spinning with relative ease. Though when it comes to going in a straight line, Weelz is a little clumsy.

dysp19.png

Moturr

58 pieces

While lacking somewhat in speed, Moturr makes up in age and wisdom. Sitting in an old chair, telling tales of how it used to be... and falling asleep! As leader of the Autocons, Moturr helps keep he younger mixels on track.

CAVALRITES

With a noble sense of justice and a brave heart, A cavalrite always does right! or, what they think is right anyway. watching for perils from the peaks of their iron fortress, this tribe enjoys nothing more than saving a friend in "need".

dysp21.png

Tonndre

60 Pieces

dysp22.png

Sheld

50 Pieces

dysp23.png

Slizor

72 pieces

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde, Feb 15 2015 - 12:04 PM.

#27 Offline Mysterious Minifig

Mysterious Minifig
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 28-January 08
  • 1,359 posts

Posted Oct 19 2014 - 01:25 PM

I had to go look up what Mixels were last night since I hadn't heard of them. I guess I've been out of the loop for a while.

That being said, these seem to do a good job of capturing the essence of what the Mixels are. Out of the Squrmisites Doon is my favorite. Overall though, I think Schnozet has to be my favorite. The droopy snout is kind of cute and it reminds me of something else, although I can't place it right now.

signoff2.png

#28 Offline Vahi_Seeker

Vahi_Seeker
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 14-January 02
  • 276 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 28 2014 - 09:36 PM

So are these guys actually buildable? Like do all of the parts exist in the colors shown? 'Cause I totally wanna make the Squirmisites now. Do you have a full parts listing somewhere for each?

"From darkness to darkness, my voice echos in the emptiness..."

#29 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 29 2014 - 02:20 PM

So are these guys actually buildable? Like do all of the parts exist in the colors shown? 'Cause I totally wanna make the Squirmisites now. Do you have a full parts listing somewhere for each?

i'm faaairly certain doon, at least, is unfortunately unbuildable.

a lot of the colors used: dark orange, titanium-metallic, all shades of purple or pink. just don't quite come in a lot of pieces. :0

#30 Offline Aerixx

Aerixx
  • Members
  • Better Guns Than You

• 14-October 14
  • 2,536 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 10 2014 - 11:38 AM

Awesome-cool and clever! I love the Noise Guys!

Edited by Gukko Lord, Nov 16 2014 - 02:12 PM.

#31 Offline Ekorak

Ekorak
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 22-March 14
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2014 - 03:36 PM

These fellows are really creative! The Squirmisites are probably my favorites, just because they're so different and unique.

Currently Working On: City of the Fallen - Character Building and Script Writing

To Do: City of the Fallen - Voice Acting and Animation, Deathmatch - Character Building and Script Writing

"Wherever you go, you had better be looking over your shoulder - because one day I will be there. And I promise you it will be the last thing you will ever see."
— Lesovikk to Karzahni, Dreams of Destruction

#32 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2014 - 06:20 PM

fiddlesticks!

well, update: Due to LDD to POV being silly, renders will be a wee bit late. :0

but! i do have the final Noise Guy and two Autocons done, so. i'm not slacking off here. :u

(also. thanks.)

Update #2: eh, LDD screenshots okay with you guys? 'cause i didn't want to delay until the topic died or anything, and you can still see the designs okay. hopefully i can find the holdup soon. (also, Sondar and Boomix have piece counts now.)

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde, Dec 02 2014 - 06:40 PM.

#33 Offline Moku

Moku
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 23-September 14
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 02 2015 - 03:19 AM

Man, these are really awesome.  I still keep looking back at these to see what's new (if anything).

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

#34 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 18 2015 - 12:16 PM

Almost near the end of series two and, well.

i'm not too sure these guys stack up compared to the first nine? seemed like i was reaching a bit. :0

I'll do three more though, just to round it out, (also i have ideas. :t)

#35 Offline Aerixx

Aerixx
  • Members
  • Better Guns Than You

• 14-October 14
  • 2,536 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2015 - 04:47 PM

Hah, Slizor is like a cute-ified version of General Grievous. Not to mention that, if he was canon, he could've served as the second Slizers tribute character! Actually, all these little guys are canon in my head.

#36 Offline Toa Doublebee

Toa Doublebee
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 19-January 10
  • 932 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2015 - 02:40 AM

Haha I need a Sequi in my life.

Heh

Huh  :( 

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

#37 Offline Raymanni

Raymanni
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 12-October 14
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2015 - 01:34 PM

I love Vvoom too much! The mouth is so clever!

#38 Offline Prowl Nightwolf

Prowl Nightwolf
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 07-January 15
  • 1,902 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2015 - 08:12 PM

I personally like the forest dwellers... Yeah they were in your series 1 but so what.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

#39 Offline Dallior

Dallior
  • Members
  • Fez Unleashed

• 25-September 14
  • 1,363 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2015 - 11:44 AM

Oh wait, that thing on Squem is a TONGUE? I thought it was hair...

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

#40 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 13-November 06
  • 2,484 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 15 2015 - 12:03 PM

okay, i have the first tribe of SERIES THREE so here goes

Series 1

Series 2

Series 3 (you're on it)

BYSMALS

Deep in the smokey dark crevices under mixel land live the Bysmals, this seldom-seen spooky tribe love a good scare, but really hate fresh air and sunlight!

dysp25.png

Amutt

??? pieces

A grouchy mixel who doesn't get along, Amutt has taken a particularly large claim of land, and doesn't let anyone on it, not even the other bysmals!

dysp26.png

Oggle

??? pieces

Oggle has good vision, from all the eyes! but Oggle also likes to sneak around and look at other mixels things, if it isn't Oggle's business, Oggle makes it Oggle's business.

Thulos

There is not yet a picture of Thulos!

??? pieces

Thulos is possibly the oldest mixel around, so old even he's forgotten by now. He also claims to be the wisest, and once Thulos starts talking, it's hard to stop him...

???

Serrah

Gildie

Wizpo

???

Milla

Floatsam

Clud

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde, Mar 05 2015 - 10:59 PM.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users