Can Kaita form Toa Seals?

So, I was thinking about this the other day, and it's quite an interesting question:

Do we know if two Toa Kaita, each with a different three elemental abilities, could form a Toa Seal? I think that they should be able to, seeing as BS01 says that:

A Toa Kaita also possesses greater elemental power than its three component Toa, and can wield the powers in combination.

So, seeing as they can wield multiple elemental powers at once, it would make sense if they could form Toa Seals. However, BS01 also states that:

Beings other than Toa and the Krahka cannot combine powers of any sort to create a Protodermis cage. As long as each wields a different element, providing that Light and Shadow are not mixed at the same time, any six Toa can create a Protodermis cage.

So I take this to mean that Kaita can't make protodermis cages. What do you think?

VBWj75sh.png

We already know that powers are connected to a character's mind somehow (TK didn't get Lewa's powers when possessing him), so I think it makes sense that to form a Toa Seal would require not just the powers, but the corresponding beings. And, while a Kaita is physically three Toa combined, it has its own mind, and therefore counts as one being.

Unless, of course, the "mind" of a Kaita is actually just the combination of the Toa that make it up. I think this isn't the case, since Akamai and Wairuha acted as if they were their own beings; but if it was the case, then yes, I expect a Seal would be possible.

In short: I think it would be impossible for a Toa Kaita to form a Toa Seal, unless the personality of the Kaita is considered an amalgamation of all its component Toa's minds, not a mind of its own.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Seeing as the Kaita possess each of power of the three Toa that made the fusion, I don't see why two Kaita couldn't form a seal. They do act as their own beings, but I believe the individual minds of each Toa are still present in some capacity within the Kaita.

Toa powers are linked to the mind, yes, but I think this link carries over into the mind of the Kaita. A seal requires unity, and the Kaita are the ultimate representation of unity, after all. 

• Upvote 1
Bliss.png

I would imagine that two Toa Kaita with different elemental powers between them would be able to form a Toa Seal. A Toa Kaita can do whatever the three Toa forming him/her can do with their elemental powers and Kanohi Masks, correct? If it is, then two Toa Kaita should be able to make a Toa Seal.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Any two of them as long as they have six elements between them can do it.

Provided, of course, that these six powers don not include both Light and Shadow.

It would be real sweet if a toa of light, toa of shadow, and some other random toa formed a kaita! I dunno if it's possible but it sounds cool!

It would be real sweet if a toa of light, toa of shadow, and some other random toa formed a kaita! I dunno if it's possible but it sounds cool!

As far as we know, it would be possible for a Toa of Light and a Toa of Shadow to join in a Kaita, but if they did, then that Kaita would be unable to form half of a Toa Seal.

• Upvote 1

but their spirits

In theory it can be done. If not, I'd like to see 6 Kaita working together. You know....that brings up a point. You ever wonder during any large-scale Toa Battles/Wars if some Toa formed Kaita on the battlefield? That'd be interesting to see. 

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Krahka was able to form solid protodermis in The Darkness Below by shifting into a Toa Metru anglamation with six arms and throwing all six elements together. If that wasn't a Toa Seal, it's pretty close.

I'd think that it would depend on if the Kaita could fire the three EE of its constituent Toa simultaneously like the Krahka did. 

Edited by fishers64

Krahka was able to form solid protodermis in The Darkness Below by shifting into a Toa Metru anglamation with six arms and throwing all six elements together. If that wasn't a Toa Seal, it's pretty close.

Oh, I forgot about that one.

I guess that the combination of elements for a Toa Seal (or a pseudo-Toa Seal like Krahka's) is all that's necessary, regardless of the unity or lack thereof of the minds involved.

Disregard my initial post in this topic.

but their spirits

There's really no way to know without specifically asking Greg -- and this one may be difficult to search past answers on. Might just wanna ask on the LMB, and maybe the answer (if definite) can be added to the BS01 page?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Actually, it's rather easy to search - I just checked. While there are multiple references to Kaita (although, granted, there's only 471 in the Discussion, and the Dialogue has less) there are far far less references to a Toa Seal, and none refer to Kaita. As far as I can determine, it's an open question. 

It'd make sense that they can - from an in-universe and story making point of view. In universe they should still have the elements of the component Toa and their entities (like it's not just a being with those elements its basically the three joined) so in that respect I don't see a particular reason they shouldn't be able to. For a story making point of view if they were restricted in that regard it'd remove the motivation for there existence - why form Kaita if doing so essentially removes certain abilities of the team. That being said since they haven't appeared as a set and as a result story feature perhaps that would actually be a good reason not to allow them to do that. Still it'd make there earlier appearances feel a bit odd in that respect (I know they're more powerful in other aspects but still seems weird to restrict them in that way kind of). Either way I'd lean towards yes they can, but of course doesn't sound like we have any actual word. :P

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

they probaly could but they would need both of them. that being said can toa from other elements create toa seals? and does it need to be 6 or a whole team or just a certin amount of power.

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

they probaly could but they would need both of them. that being said can toa from other elements create toa seals? and does it need to be 6 or a whole team or just a certin amount of power.

Any six elements used together, as long as both light and shadow aren't part of the six (those two cancel each other out).

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)