What ever happened to Lego Island?

Tuuli

As I continue to study Bionicle, I am constantly reminded of that blasted Lego Island, the one with pepper and the brickster. There was also Mama and Papa Brickolini and those two cops there were also many more characters... So what ever happened to Lego Island? Does it still exist within the Lego universe? Do you remember playing Lego island games? Do you remember the sets (if any)?

• Upvote 1

LEGO Island is still referenced occasionally in official LEGO Media (for instance, the bio for the Pizza Delivery Guy from Minifigures Series 12 references Papa Brickolini and the events of the game).

And as for whether it "exists within the LEGO Universe", it's a point of contention whether all LEGO themes even DO share a universe. There are a lot of crossover stories between LEGO themes, but most of the time each crossover story makes up its own rules about how the different LEGO themes relate to one another. The LEGO Movie does not necessarily take place in the same universe as the various holiday crossover comics from the LEGO Magazine, nor does it necessarily take place in the same universe as "The Adventures of Clutch Powers" (though on an interesting note, the character of Clutch Powers exists within the LEGO Ninjago universe — which doesn't necessarily mean the two franchises share a universe or continuity).

Dwayne McDuffie, a legendary comics and TV writer, pointed out the ridiculousness of using crossovers as evidence for a shared, overarching universe in a blog post titled Six Degrees of St. Elsewhere, in which he pointed out that if you treat shared characters as evidence that the franchises in question share a universe, then most TV series take place in the imagination of an autistic child from the medical drama St. Elsewhere (since that series' finale revealed that the events of the entire series up to that point had taken place in said child's imagination, and the series had previously crossed over with various other TV shows which had many crossovers of their own).

• Upvote 1

Going off of Aanchir, I found it interesting that Bionicle was actually listed in the "here is one of the sections of our universe" scene in The LEGO Movie, along with all of the others, including Speed Racer, which takes place in the "real world" (of sorts). It just seemed odd to me that they included a semi-real-world licensed theme in that lineup.

That being said, I have fond (if not entirely glitch-free) memories of LEGO Island. I own both, right now, but don't play them very often.

Probably my strongest memory is the ghost floating around to the side of the gas station. That always amused me for some reason.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Going off of Aanchir, I found it interesting that Bionicle was actually listed in the "here is one of the sections of our universe" scene in The LEGO Movie, along with all of the others, including Speed Racer, which takes place in the "real world" (of sorts). It just seemed odd to me that they included a semi-real-world licensed theme in that lineup.

That being said, I have fond (if not entirely glitch-free) memories of LEGO Island. I own both, right now, but don't play them very often.

Probably my strongest memory is the ghost floating around to the side of the gas station. That always amused me for some reason.

That's easy to explain though. It's possible that there where sets of different themes in the house, meaning they can be in that universe without actually being in that universe. (So a set of Tahu can be in the house, but that is not actually Tahu.)

Crossovers in general create a lot of confusion. If you want to really mess with your head, there is a video stating that all the Nintendo games take place in two universes. 

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

About universes, I would say there's several. You have the main universe, featuring most of the non-licensed themes. Most of them are linked in some way, even if it's just a small cameo or mention. I would say that The LEGO Movie has it's own universe, and tat the characters in that universe are separate to the characters in the other universes. The Licensed themes probably wouldn't share a universe, due to their lack of crossovers.

But onto the topic of LEGO Island, the developers have given information about planned future events. I would suspect that it was LEGO who stopped LEGO Island. Personally, I never really got a chance to play the first game, and I've never been able to get the third. The second was pretty good, up until the Fishing. I never got past the Fishing.

And I've never had one of the sets. They were before my time.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

I still have that game for PC, it was an awesome game to play when i used to play it heaps, I don't know what happened to it though, it is just reference material i think, i do remember the sets as well, they were the Island Extreme Stunts sets from 2002 or something like that, but those weren't directly related to the original game, they were the closest thing to it though

Edited by randomreviewerbros

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

• 2 weeks later...