Agori/Glatorian Lifespans

Okay people, I know that there's a topic that discusses the long lifetime of MU inhabitants (which is over 100,000 years) but what about those organics of Spherus Magna? You would think that a mostly organic species would have shorter   lifespans than biomechanical ones, but actually most of the Agori/Glatorian we've seen are much, much older than the MU itself.

Here's an interesting quote from the Farshtey Feed, in which the ages of some characters are given in earth equivalents:

CHARACTER AGES
• Perditus is older than Gelu. [source]
• Tarduk is older than Berix. [source]
• Tuma is probably older than Stronius. [source]
• Greg has estimated how old these characters would be considered to be in human years:
Gresh: mid-20's [source]
Ackar: late 40's [source]
Raanu: early 60's [source]
Tarix: early 40's [source]
Kiina: mid-30's [source]
Tuma: mid-40's [source]

Now, somewhere out there is a quote saying that Raanu was very young at the time Lein died, which was roughly 265,000 years ago. That means 265,000 Agori years is roughly equivalent to about 60-63 in human years! Thats about 4,200 agori years for every human year?

The problem we have is: how do Agori years compare with human years? Is it an direct ratio? (as in, does X Agori years = Y human years) Or do Agori reach maturity at the same rate as humans, with their aging slowing down as they get older?

Another question that needs to be asked is this: How do biological beings live for hundreds of thousands of years? I could understand lifespans in the high hundreds, maybe as high as a thousand, but hundreds of thousands??? That's pushing it for me. Is it some sort of super medicine? Or do their mechanical implants prolong their lifespans artificially?

• Upvote 2

Anoroka Orokau

Oro vahka aan ai myapa

WORDS EMPOWER THE ONE THAT USES THEM

Well I would guess their lifespans are heavily extended by the mechanical implants. The implants would make them have to put less stress on their musclss and so their bodies wouldn't wear out as quickly. For the other questions, I'm not sure, but your math seems pretty logical. True, hundreds of thousands of years does seem to be pushing it under those circumstances but there's no exact way of telling for sure...

• Upvote 1

There are some species of jellyfish on Earth that are biologically immortal, so they can never die from old age.

Also the Krogan from Mass Effect can live upwards of a thousand years due to their freakish regeneration abilities and redundant organs, and it's noted that nobody knows if a Krogan has ever died from old age. Maybe Agori/Glatorian have something similar? Would explain how so many of the soldiers from the Core war are still alive in such a harsh environment.

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Well, though they are organic a lot of them has been replaced with cybernetics. So it may have helped them adapt to Bara Magna and harsh enrivonments

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell