Onepu and Ussal

Click

Ever since I got that purple Pakari, I've been wanting to build Onepu in my simple Matoran style of the Chronicler's Co. and Project Reignition (yay, Bricklink is back!). Since it would be boring to just have a single Matoran in a style you've all seen before(even if he's purple), I built him his crab. You know, since he's Captain of the Ussalry and all. It turned out pretty good I think.

Onepu and Ussal

14914829139_1aea87f5aa_m.jpg

Onepu is pretty basic, but the Ussal features posable legs, arms, and eyes, as well as opening and closing claws. It came together pretty easily, actually, so I hope someone attempts the grey and orange one or the blue and yellow Pewku.

Please comment, critique, and enjoy!

• Upvote 11

oh no, that crab is too cute!

it captures the look of 2001 ussal crab, but is so much more articulate, and the pincer design is just clever!

(also, i'm a sucker for anything with purple highlights, oops.)

Thanks! I was glad to have all the pieces in purple. :D

This is a fantastic creation!

Thanks!

I was slightly unconvinced of the proportions at first - but that last image of him riding the Ussal is perfect! Proportions between the two are spot on. :P

Yeah, even in set form and in MNOLG, they were somewhat small for a mount. I kind of wish I built it a bit bigger, but this turned out so great, I wouldn't want to mess with it. I guess if you're happy...

I need to see the googly Mixel eyes on that Ussal

I knew someone was going to ask.

Another awesome MOC from Click! That Ussal is adorable, and it looks like the real deal. Also- where did you get the purple Mata hands you used on the Ussal?

Thanks! The purple is from a Throwbots set, Spark, I believe.

Those two just look great! They blend in a little too much when together but separately they look amazing! Plus purple... you can never have too much purple.

Yeah, that's the problem with a black and purple guy having a black and purple crab. Of couse, purple is great (and it's old purple!)

I've got a How-To if anyone was interested.

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 3

Pretty basic matoran, but well done. I since you used dark gray in the legs, it works in the head, but it does mess up the purple on black layering on the joints. The hands would be better as purple, if you have the parts. 

The Ussal is amazing, I love the simplicity. I just wish that dark grey weren't there, and the saw attachments would look phenomenal in black. 

Terrific MOC! 

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

noooo! the mixels eyes make it even cuter!

the crab is now painful to look at without sunglasses! O:

Yeah, I love it with those Mixel eyes. I should get more pictures...

Thanks!

Fantastic work!  :D

the ussual looks so great, I just wanna build my own and have one at my desk.

You should! Then let me know how it looks. :D I've got instructions (or at least pictures of the parts) in my gallery.

That Ussal crab has to be the most adorable thing I've seen in a while. :3 Also, purple!

(The addition of the Mixel eyes works surprisingly well though. For both xD)

Yay, purple! It was not easy to get all that. It took me a few Bricklink orders. :)

Now after that picture, I can't stop picturing both of them with Mixel eyes, but I don't want to leave my Mixels blind. Darn conundrums of life.

Thanks!

Pretty basic matoran, but well done. I since you used dark gray in the legs, it works in the head, but it does mess up the purple on black layering on the joints. The hands would be better as purple, if you have the parts. 

The Ussal is amazing, I love the simplicity. I just wish that dark grey weren't there, and the saw attachments would look phenomenal in black. 

Terrific MOC! 

Yeah, the Matoran is supposed to be basic, almost like a set. I wish I had some of those rare black Hordika necks, but alas, only a lot of the grey ones. I've thought about using the same technique as my Microtoran for the legs to give them more posability, but I don't have the pieces and it really wouldn't improve the color scheme for most of my Chronicler's Co. all that much. 

After that, my purple stock is down to one socket and two Throwbot torso halves (one is broken in half again!). I just don't want to put too much purple on him. This gives him a bit more of a '03 Matoran color scheme with just a bit of extra purple (and grey).

Thanks! It's great having complements coming from you! Once again, I'm missing those rare black hordika necks, but I'm sure there's other options. The saws I tried to make grey, one, because I had the parts, and two, because that's how it appeared in MNOLG (I think). If you couldn't tell, I used a lot of MNOLG references here. :D

You should! Then let me know how it looks. :D I've got instructions (or at least pictures of the parts) in my gallery.

I don't have the pieces for it right now tough :(

but I can PM you if I do something about it in the future?

-  :t: :u: :r: :t: :e: :x:

Check out my photostream at Flickr!

I don't have the pieces for it right now tough :(

but I can PM you if I do something about it in the future?

Sure! Just let me know! I'd be willing to get you inventories or more detailed instructions if you need them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please excuse me while I look thorough my piece bin...

This is awesome! The Ussal is so cute! I'll probably build both, I'll have to substitute the purple Mata hands for black ones though.

EXTERMINATE!

Edited by Dalek CAAN

EXTERMINATE!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf 15201987503_1b25d2d5b1_m.jpg  

3DS Friend Code:2578-4213-3661        A link to Goooooomba

The color scheme for both of these is really good. I love the purple. The Ussal crab is really cute. The claws are pretty clever and it looks like they work pretty well.

The mixel eyes are a pretty interesting addition. I like the way they look on Onepu better then the Ussal.

signoff2.png

Thank you! I'm pretty proud of the claws, even if they are a bit unorthodox. The Mixel eyes were fun to stick on there. :D

Onepu is so cute! I love that Matoran design. It looks so chibi. The ussal is awesome. A fantastic design, really love the use of the Nuvohk hand and the claws are sweet.

-NotS

I really like the Matoran design, although I guess you could tell from the total of thirteen Matoran I've built with it. :D It's simple and has a pretty accessible parts list in a large variety of colors. Thank you!

I really like these MOCs. They accomplish a simple look but have enough complexity to make them detailed and interesting.  :)

Thanks!

Please excuse me while I look thorough my piece bin...

This is awesome! The Ussal is so cute! I'll probably build both, I'll have to substitute the purple Mata hands for black ones though.

EXTERMINATE!

Well, let me know once you finish. I sent you the parts list. Thanks!