Kabrua and Marendar

silo

Kabrua's pretty neat, I like that you gave him silver over brown instead of tan over black. I like the concept behind your Marendar, though as you said something about it seems off. My medium is Lego, not pencil, so maybe I can't really judge this well, but I feel like the legs are the main issue.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Kabrua looks really nice. Marendar just looks like its body is a bit small to support all that weaponry. I always imagined Marendar to be something like the robot from New Stellac City in HF (just more in scale with a titan), big and bulky. The weaponry looks just right, though. Overall, great work! Marendar just needs a bit more oomph I'd say.

Kabrua doesn't look too bad! I like the shading on the armor and the coloring, but I wish he was holding that cannon that disables Toa. :D

Probably the most notable feature of Marendar is that head. It looks fantastic, though not necessarily how I pictured him. Your art style comes out really well here, and I like the little details all over that can almost be recognized as a set. The perspective in several parts is really well done, but one thing I noticed about both of them is that they just appear really flat. For the most part, their limbs are parallel to the "camera", which makes it feel unnatural and unrealistic. Kabrua is better about it, but it really comes out in Marendar's weapons. It would look better if they were angled in more, perhaps even pointed at something.

The guns are really well done though. They have lots of details that make it look like it could come from a set. The blades seem a bit simple though. The colored tubes are really cool and definitely add a needed bit of color.

Kabrua's pretty neat, I like that you gave him silver over brown instead of tan over black. I like the concept behind your Marendar, though as you said something about it seems off. My medium is Lego, not pencil, so maybe I can't really judge this well, but I feel like the legs are the main issue.

The main reason Kabrua's colour scheme is different is that I simply didn't have the right colours :P

I agree with you about Marendar, a new version will be done soon.

Kabrua looks really nice. Marendar just looks like its body is a bit small to support all that weaponry. I always imagined Marendar to be something like the robot from New Stellac City in HF (just more in scale with a titan), big and bulky. The weaponry looks just right, though. Overall, great work! Marendar just needs a bit more oomph I'd say.

I kinda imagined Marendar like that too, and I agree with you about the weapons...

Kabrua doesn't look too bad! I like the shading on the armor and the coloring, but I wish he was holding that cannon that disables Toa. :D

Probably the most notable feature of Marendar is that head. It looks fantastic, though not necessarily how I pictured him. Your art style comes out really well here, and I like the little details all over that can almost be recognized as a set. The perspective in several parts is really well done, but one thing I noticed about both of them is that they just appear really flat. For the most part, their limbs are parallel to the "camera", which makes it feel unnatural and unrealistic. Kabrua is better about it, but it really comes out in Marendar's weapons. It would look better if they were angled in more, perhaps even pointed at something.

The guns are really well done though. They have lots of details that make it look like it could come from a set. The blades seem a bit simple though. The colored tubes are really cool and definitely add a needed bit of color.

Thanks, I didn't actually have a description of Kabrua (or Marendar, for that matter) in front of me when I was drawing it, so I forgot he was supposed to have a cannon.

As for the weapons, I think I totally agree with you on that; having them point at some puny toa would have been even better :)

Kathok

Wow! Never imagined Marendar that way, but still cool!

Also, what's going on near Kabrua's midsection? Is that a cloth?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?