Favourite Ninjago story arc?

Meiko

An obligatory "what's your favourite ______" topic. So what's your favourite story arc from Ninjago? I'd probably say the Serpentine, but I haven't seen all of the Rebooted episodes yet (are they on Netflix yet?).

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Hmmm, hard to say. The Serpentine story arc is definitely one of the most eventful, but it's also one of the longest (a full 13-episode season). The next season was broken up into the six-episode story arc focusing on Lord Garmadon's mega-weapon (which was mostly just playinga around with the characters in various silly situations) and the seven-episode story arc focusing on the Overlord and the Stone Army. Both were good, but since they were so much shorter than the Season One story arc, it's hard for either to measure up on their own, and they're too different to really stand up as a single story arc the way the first season did.

This current season is shaping up to be really good, but the last two episodes haven't aired in the United States yet and I'll have to see those before I can really decide how the season as a whole measures up. I think the Serpentine story arc still manages to surpass it just in terms of how much happens in it and how well it's all tied together.

The Serpentine Arc definitely struck me as the best. It's the most amusing and entertaining. The Mega-Weapon arc struck me as a lot of filler, while the Overlord Arc struck me as appropriately dark and serious, but not nearly as much fun. 

Between the skeletons and the Serpentine, it's a real tough call, but the Serpentine were a bit more inteligent that the skeletons, so my vote goes to the Serpentine. (Note that this judgement only applies to Ninjago, not to other things...)

• 3 weeks later...

I've only seen most of season two and season three of Ninjago. So coming from what I've seen, I'd say that the Overlord arc would probably be my favorite. I haven't seen anything earlier than that, so I can't say anything about them.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

• 3 weeks later...

Rebooted. although it is a bit too far into the "techno" side of Ninjago for my liking, the series really is excellent, and the final two episodes are just... Excellent. Excellent. (I've watched them online) However, there is definitely some good character development for all of the Ninja, especially Kai, in the first season (Serpentine), and there is some more for Lloyd in Rebooted, although not to the extent which Kai had in season 1.

VBWj75sh.png