When BIONICLE returns, how much sets will you buy!?

Boidoh

As the title states, how much. 

For sake of a bit of conversation this is what my hypothetical BIONICLE 2015 sets will be like. This is in no way affiliated or creating an allusion to the leaked set list. Or at least I hope so...or hope the mods to believe so...

6 Toa Sets

6 Smaller Matoran-sized sets

1 LargeVillain

And perhaps collectibles.

I would hope to buy them all, to show LEGO that BIONICLE is great and have them keep going with it and stuff, but I wouldn't have enough cash if the sets were $15 for Toa sized sets... I'd probably at first buy 2 Toa and the Large Villain and a couple collectibles if I have extra cash. Then later 2 more Toa, 2 small sets and more collectables. Then at the end of the year buy the remaining 2 toa, the remaining 4 small sets, and more collectibles. Then I will begin my trend of collecting all sets for the year. But by the time I finally buy half of them the second wave will come out. Bah.

How about you all?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

It honestly depends on the sets. If they're classic characters like the Toa Mata, I'd probably buy the ones that match my original two Toa Mata: Kopaka and Tahu. Back in the day my two siblings and I divided sets up between the three of us, so each of us got two from each series. Nowadays, my younger brother no longer has any interest in BIONICLE, so my twin brother and I might each get three so all six are available for us to enjoy.

As for new characters, vehicles, or creatures... probably depends in part on the designs.

• Upvote 1

On Bionicle's first run, I bought all the sets I could up to 2009. I didn't really care what they looked like, since they were Bionicle sets and I wanted to collect them.

But things have changed for me since then. (Thanks to life. :P) Now that I have bills to pay for, I probably would only buy sets if they looked really cool to me. So I can't say I'd buy all of them, but depending on how they look, I'd most likely get a few of them.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

If they are the Mata, and they are well designed, I'd be hard-pressed to not buy all of them. Really, it comes down to parts. If one set has some rare colors or pieces, or just an awesome Kanohi, I'll have to get it first. The rest follow according to my budget, holidays, and how much I want them. If there's collectibles, I would probably try really hard to at least collect all the colors of my favorite mask (assuming they are masks).

Tahu and Onua for sure, I think. Maybe one small guy.

And another.

And another...

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

As many as possible. If the Matoran sets are all clones of each other or are blindbagged collectibles sold cheap, I may just get those as a fast way to get a lot of CCBS torsos of a similar size. 

If that isn't the case, and the Toa Mata are coming out again, it would be hard to justify not getting all of them. Tahu, because he's iconic, Kopaka, because Kopaka, Pohatu, because Kopaka isn't Kopaka without Pohatu, Gali, because she's a girl (totally valid reasoning right there :)), Onua, because TPC (and the Toa test says I'm Onua now :P), and if I got everyone else, why would I leave Lewa behind?

I'd also be partial to a Jungle Glatorian, simply because I wanted Vastus and Gresh back in 2009 and never got them. Yeah, if Bionicle is coming back, a celebration is warranted - I'll get as many as I want. I never got to go to the toy store and pull everything I wanted off the shelf - now I can. And I will. 

• Upvote 1

Last time around I got into it in 2003 so I missed the Toa Mata, but I did manage to snag both Tahu and Lewa... so they would be my priorities. =P Then would follow Gali, because I recently acquired her; the other three I would try and get in no particular order.

I doubt I'll be very interested in any new characters; I simply won't have the money to dedicate to something that I don't already have at least some emotional attachment to.

well, i'm excited, and i'm always in the mood to catch 'em all collect bionicles!

however, as i got older, i did see a pattern forming. wheras i had a buncha the guys from 2006-2007, i only had krika, gavla, tanma from 2008. and by 2009, only zesk and stronius. after that. i didn't really purchase LEGO products outside of the occasional $5.00 creator set.

so, bionicle returning? mata returning? who knows.

but since i've missed every post 2010 wave of HF, i have an ill feeling i won't be able to scrounge up enough cash to even get one of th smaller guys this time around.

(you can just hear my sad violin right now.)

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Now that I have an income, I'd probably collect all of them. This, of course, also depends on what the sets are like, what pieces they come with, ext. But there would be a temptation to buy them all. (I highly doubt there'd be collectibles, at least not like what we got in the early years. That was a move from the era of wasteful spending, and I doubt we'd see something like that ever again... even if I would love to start collecting 72 masks again.)

:music:

Not gonna lie, my brother and I already decided to buy all of the sets no matter how good or bad they turn out to be. 

If there were to be collectibles I'd probably buy as many packs/bags/whatever they might come in to finish the collection.

Edited by doodleloot
  • Upvote 1

Hail Denmark

It honestly depends on the sets. If they're classic characters like the Toa Mata, I'd probably buy the ones that match my original two Toa Mata: Kopaka and Tahu. Back in the day my two siblings and I divided sets up between the three of us, so each of us got two from each series. Nowadays, my younger brother no longer has any interest in BIONICLE, so my twin brother and I might each get three so all six are available for us to enjoy.

As for new characters, vehicles, or creatures... probably depends in part on the designs.

What do you mean? We've already seen the sets and know...

Edit: Leak plugged.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

~snip~

Please bear with me. I know we've already seen all the sets. I know exactly what they are. But since those set lists and images are all leaked, we're not actually allowed to discuss their contents on this site. Once we have an official source for the information that is already common knowledge, then I'll be able to offer a much clearer answer, but as it is, I'm only allowed to discuss the sets in hypothetical terms. I'd advise you to do the same, as you could get in trouble for discussing leaked information like that.

• Upvote 4

I don't know. I know I'll get at least one, but after that, it's an open book. I heard some of the-not-supposed-to-be-discussed sets might have purple pieces, and it happens to be my favourite color. They might be included with black pieces, and Onua was my first Toa Mata, so...

Maybe all teh purple including ones. With Voltix, my self-MOC will be complete! Muahaha...

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

Agreed with bad guy who has nothing to do with skulls or spiders. I want it to fight my Visorak.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Normally I'd just go for whichever sets have the best parts and stuff, like I usually do, but honestly I get the feeling I'll just be trying to get as many as my budget will allow me now.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

As much green as possible, and if they bring back brown, that. Maybe blue. Or maybe all of them, although red, white and black would be in the back of the line with enemies, cause I don't NEED them.

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now