BIONIFIGHT ULTIMATE: DRIFT FORCE

Voltex

Question, Vox, if I were to use the Ultra Sword on you, would it not work or would it disable your Shield of Voltex, which blocks Drift Force Weapon attacks? I know the logical answer is that the sword wouldn't work on it, but I just want to make sure.

(My name is triplequack  trickleback Trijhak)

I designed the Ultra Sword specifically so that, if you wanted to, you could disable the Shield of Voltex - which would render Voxumo vulnerable to Drift Force Weapons for that round.
  • Upvote 2

Question, Vox, if I were to use the Ultra Sword on you, would it not work or would it disable your Shield of Voltex, which blocks Drift Force Weapon attacks? I know the logical answer is that the sword wouldn't work on it, but I just want to make sure.

(My name is triplequack  trickleback Trijhak)

I designed the Ultra Sword specifically so that, if you wanted to, you could disable the Shield of Voltex - which would render Voxumo vulnerable to Drift Force Weapons for that round.

My next plot has been decided, I shall find a way to assassinate the host and take their place... *lurks off to do unspeakable evils*

(But really, I feel the love.)

Edited by Voxumo
  • Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

7_army_update.jpg

Featuring the re-integration of a classic Bionifight feature with five different variants, two new Game Types, one new Arena, and modifications to the Round Structure, Drift Force Weapons, and Exo-Toa, the first Major Update of Bionifight Ultimate: Drift Force has arrived! Welcome to Version 2.0. The content of this update will be integrated into the first post of the topic, and its use will begin immediately; so you can expect to see these additions and changes affecting the game and how it is played beginning with Round 2. I hope you enjoy.

ADDITIONS

Armies

Once upon a time, armies could be summoned by any fighter once they had made a certain number of posts in the topic - however, armies were also extremely expendable, virtually endless, and all around did little to add much more than clutter to the game. Now in Bionifight Ultimate: Drift Force, armies work a little differently. Once per round, a player can PM me to request an army; the army that is spawned will be decided by RNG. Each army functions differently; some are better than others… although all are bordering on cannon fodder in most game types. All armies are 100 strong, and once all variety of armies have been summoned, that’s it for the round.

Available Armies

1. Bohrok - This army will automatically deal three damage to every opposing fighter in the game; thanks to their psychic connection via their Krana, they can also be made to target a specific player for six damage once per round.

2. Rahkshi - This army will immediately turn upon the fighter who summoned them and deal seven damage to them. They will also deal one damage to every other fighter in the game. Once summoned, Rahkshi will be controlled by the GM and serve as threats for the rest of the round until all are destroyed.

3. Business Drones - These robots serve Lord Business; when summoned they will deal two damage to every other fighter. They can also be used to render two opponents unable to use their powers for 24 hours.

4. Skull Spiders - These wild beasts will deal four damage to every fighter in the game, including whoever summons them. The one to summon the Skull Spiders is also rendered unable to use their powers for 24 hours.

5. Heroes - Heroes from the Hero Factory that will boost the health of every fighter in the game by three points, aside from the summoner, whose health is boosted by five points. As long as this army is active, they will then deal two damage to every enemy fighter each day (not counting the day they are summoned), and will protect the summoner from other armies.

Game Types

Free For All

1. Armies - Every player is given a generic army of Matoran who are, essentially, the weakest cannon fodder you could ask for; the army acts as your “health” for the round. Once your whole army has been defeated, you are eliminated from the round. Drift Force Weapons can eliminate 35 members of an army at once.

Team

1. Team Armies - This game type functions exactly the same as it’s “Free For All” variant, except the players are divided into teams; one team lays siege to a central location within the arena of the round, while the other team attempts to defend said location.

Arenas

1. LEGO City - Fight amongst the buildings, dodging traffic and law enforcement along the way! Buildings may topple, but you also have a city full of possible tools at your disposal, allowing you to get as creative as you like. Also conveniently constructed for epic sieges, and makes an excellent urban warzone.

CHANGES

Drift Force Weapons

When in possession of an army, a player can choose to mass-produce their Drift Force Weapon, if they own one; doing so will prevent them from using it for that round. However, all damage done by that army will be increased by 2 points.

Exo-Toa

Fighters in possession of an Exo-Toa will now become immune to the effects of every single army while they control the Exo-Toa. Once the Exo-Toa is destroyed, they will be affected as normal.

Round Structure

Every player now has one “free” respawn each round; the first time a fighter dies, they will be automatically revived with 5 health. Attacks that dealt more damage than the fighter held previously (ie. an attack dealing 7 damage to someone with 2 health) will not affect the respawn health.

Edited by Voltex
  • Upvote 8

Hmm... so if all 5 types of armies are summoned, even with the 3 healing affect of the heroes it will result in death by the end of the round, if of course no health-powerups are spawned, and not taking into account damage received from other fighters or health recovered from powers like chros... can not say I am a fan of this concept but will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Hmm... so if all 5 types of armies are summoned, even with the 3 healing affect of the heroes it will result in death by the end of the round, if of course no health-powerups are spawned, and not taking into account damage received from other fighters or health recovered from powers like chros... can not say I am a fan of this concept but will be interesting to see how it plays out.

You'll notice that no health enhancements were spawned this round outside of 1ups, however, and that the 1ups were only necessary because Pupwa couldn't even wait a day to destroy the arena. This update is compensating for the lack of damage that is being dealt/taken; otherwise, the health enhancements might as well not be in the game at all.

so essentially if what I am understanding, is that to solve the people not taking damage thing, you decided to have it where if people get trigger happy, they could summon all the armies, individually and result in death by the end of the round? I mean my math may not be perfect but from what I did, with the heroes dealing two damage each day, if they are summoned early enough it could result in death for everyone

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Sounds like fun. :evilgrin: 

I like the new Lego city arena the best out of this update - that sounds like the most fun. 

You'll notice that no health enhancements were spawned this round outside of 1ups, however, and that the 1ups were only necessary because Pupwa couldn't even wait a day to destroy the arena. This update is compensating for the lack of damage that is being dealt/taken; otherwise, the health enhancements might as well not be in the game at all.

That's because we were stuck in a ruined city underwater. Got to say that limited the fun stuff and put us in grinding mode. 

so essentially if what I am understanding, is that to solve the people not taking damage thing, you decided to have it where if people get trigger happy, they could summon all the armies, individually and result in death by the end of the round? I mean my math may not be perfect but from what I did, with the heroes dealing two damage each day, if they are summoned early enough it could result in death for everyone

That's kind of the idea. You KO your opponents. I can guarantee that I am far more active than any of the players in this game - if health enhancements are needed, I will spawn them. Also, each army can only be summoned once (as I stated), and each player can only summon one army per round (as I also stated). Nobody will gain the benefits of having more than one army under their control. The heroes could do am absolute maximum of 12 damage, and that's assuming that I allow the summoning of any armies on Sunday when the rounds are announced.

Sounds like fun. :evilgrin:

I like the new Lego city arena the best out of this update - that sounds like the most fun. 

As far as the Lego City goes, it's one of my favorite arenas (on paper, at least - we'll see how good it is in action). It was an attempt to create an arena that can function perfectly for classic rounds, regular free-for-all/team rounds, and with the special army rounds. It's definitely the most versatile arena in the game (aside from perhaps Cloud Cuckoo Land). 

Oh I understand no one player can summon all the armies, but if five separate players decide to summon them... well i will let the following bit of info speak for itself

Bohrok -3

Rahkshi -1

Drones -2

Spiders -4

=10 damage right there

Heroes -2x6*= -12+3= -9 

This results in a whopping 19 points of possible damage, if the heroes are summoned the first day. This isn't even including the damage some of the armies do to the summoner

Add in the random damage received from the usual fighting and it is a very real possibility that everyone has the potential to be dead before the round is over.

*Six being the highest possible number of days

However as stated above in a post, I am interested to see how this plays out be it for better or for worse

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Voxumo, keep in mind that armies are 100 strong - as in, if the other players can wipe out the whole hero army the first day, then none of that other damage will occur. If all the Rahkshi are exterminated, they will no longer be a stage hazard.

@Blade: Looking back, I worded the Bohrok poorly. They're meant to deal 6 damage to one player and 3 damage to everyone else. I'll fix that in the first post.

• Upvote 1

If we can't even successfully take out regular players, how are we suppose to take out 100 npcs who I assume are at least capable fighters?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Definitely will be, if it's an army round. Plus I get to murder you all with a sword or negate one of your superweapons - yay.

Also the possibility of fighting an army. Assuming that the summoner of the armies can sort of 'command' them - can they? - could be interesting. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Of course, I can send my cannon fodder after your cannon fodder. Also, there's a reason I picked telekinesis - building an actual cannon to mow down enemies is always a possibility. :) That is, if I'm working with better stuff than Mahri Nui rubble. :P

As for how active I am, you have no idea. 

Edited by fishers64

I can't change my power now, by any chance?

I would simply be editing the existing regeneration-based-on-damage concept.

Part of the reason that I don't like the power is how hard it is to keep track of - I kept forgetting how much damage I'd dealt since last regenerating. Also, Rider has basically the inverse power, but much stronger.

I assume I will not be allowed to change my power at this time, but I may as well ask.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Smash Demo. Good ol' Windrider gave me a code and I've been playing it basically nonstop. If a demo with one stage, five characters and no changeable settings can addict me, I have high hopes.

Anyway, moving on!

ROUND 2

You all find yourselves upon the Chattering Corpse Heap; while Dapper and Pupwa are immediately dragged underneath, some quick thinking by Chro and JiMing saves them from certain doom... for now, at least. Colorful outlines appear around each of you; half are red, and half are blue. 

One member of each team finds themselves to be glowing brighter than the others, though of course the opponents cannot see this. It is this player, however, that the opposing team must kill....

Game Type: Assassin's Creed

Arena: Chattering Corpse Heap

The Teams

Team Smash 3DS

1. Ehks

2. Luroka

3. Voxumo

4. Dapper

5. Chro

6. Pupwa21

7. Rider of Kikinalo

8. Snubby

9. JiMing

Team Smash Wii U

1. fishers64

2. Blade

3. Shadow Blaze

4. Shadowhawk

5. TBK

6. RG

7. ShadowVezon

8. Pulse

9. Zakaro

Let the battle begin!

The first target of each team will be decided by RNG; any other targets after that will be decided by the teams themselves.

• Upvote 4

-==Colette - HP: 20/20==-

Oh, this wasn't good. Two Drift Force users on the opposing side? Colette frowned slightly, as she quickly and desperately searched out a target. Of course, Pupwa just made himself a target, so Colette launched herself into the air as well, and quickly fired off three bullets at the troublemaker, still not pleased about the round before. But the best thing? No water. Colette smiled, knowing her abilities weren't to be disabled this time around.

OOC: I don't blame ya, Voltex. I'd probably be the same way, myself, if I had a code. :P

IC: Zakaro (HP: 20/20)

Oh, here we go again. Back to the Corpse Heap, fun times yet again. 

With a grin, Zakaro lept forward to take a sweeping blow over the Heap, aiming in specific for Voxumo's head/chest/general body area.

Precise aim doesn't really matter with weapons like streetlights, anyway.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Phoenix Zero: (20/20)

The robotic fighter scanned the arena, made up of (supposedly) dead bodies. A cold wind came through, pushing Phoenix Zero's impressively large ponytail back. 

He looked over to see two of his teammates trying to beat Colette, one of them just so happening to be none other than Pupwa. Frowning, he used his arm cannon to fire energy shots in the general direction of them both, not aiming to hit them.

"I know we're on the same team, but I'm gonna have to tell you to back off." the fighter spoke. "If anyone is to beat Colette, it will be me. I may have helped you last round, but now that we're on equal footing... I expect a good fight." Phoenix Zero said, looking at Colette directly, readying his energy saber.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC: Voxumo HP: 20/20

Voxumo cursed as he lifted a hand to his head, and adjusted his top hat. Landing on such a heap of useless bodies made keeping one's appearance tidy a must. However as he was adjusting his hat he suddenly had a streetlamp come to greet him. As it struck his head he was sent flying a good distance, though luckily he managed to create a sheet of energy to break his fall and cushion the blow. He flicked his hands over his chest, as if to flick away dirt, and he lifted his gaze to meet Zakaro's

"Well that was just bloody rude of you." 

And before a response was to be given, he shot forward, shield of voltex in one hand, the enodia in the other. He knew that there was a risk of dying earlier in this game, and what with pulse's new drift force weapon he would likely be a prime target for it's use, so instead of preserving and risking the loss of the power, he sent the shield of voltex ahead of him hoping that not only with the damage it causes but the shock of the impact would be enough to disorient Zakaro while he covered the distance and attempted to jab the blade of the enodia into zakaro's midsection

HP: 19/20

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

20/20

"...Fine, I'll let you go after Blade."

However, since my speed was so high, I won't be able to slow down in time to not hurt her, so I aim my hammer at fishers and let it go, causing it to rocket off into her direction.

Landing in the ground, I did everything I could to reduce damage. [19/20]

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.