Rahkshi Lalonde

well, this is a project i'v had in the pipes (the pipes in my brain) for a while now, and hey, it's about time it showed some fruit!

it's worth mentioning (to me at least) that this was going to be written, and in the Epics forum. but, as you can see in my Art Topic, that has clearly changed.

another note: this'll get kinda dark, but I'm trying my darndest to keep it within BZP appropriate levels of dark (nothing worse than slight oozing blood-analogue from the mechzombies is all.) and, though i'm quite capable of drawing someone getting disemboweled in full view, (no i won't link that!) i like my proto where it is, thank you.

^haha, look at the rambling, this is a comic topic! where's the comic?

The Cast:

Nita

The Comic:

Latest Page

latest.png

Chapter one

An initiation worth writing home about.

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde
updating Nita's profile link!
  • Upvote 9

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Despite having no clue as to the plot, or anything, just those first three pages weave a story of their own. Looking forward to more.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I actually really like this already, especially considering that it's one of the only comics here with a darker, more serious tone. (And I just have a soft spot for hand-drawn comics.)

I'm looking forward to watching this Grim tale unfold.

sig8.png

I would hope that you don't get discouraged, but I can't tell what that monster is. 

Do you think you could explain what exactly it's supposed to be?

Luckily, we have our good in-universe friend Miranda "Meltdown" to handle this sort of question!

brte.png

The "Brutes" are a collection of seemingly related metallic titans. and they also seem to be the cause of the downfall the previous occupants of this city faced. they share physiological traits with one another, such as all having the same glowing red fluid and crystals all over their inner mass.

Most Brutes bear simple steel claws or blades, but some higher tiers seem to carry highly unnatural blasters or projectile weapons, leading me to believe they are at least partially artificial. Possibly even fully artificial, as some sort of army! though, that does make the level of decay they sport a rather odd thing...

As far as we can tell, their goal is to wipe out everyone who remains in the city, though that's only a guess based on what we've seen. I've made it my goal to study them to their fullest, find out what makes their crystalline hearts tick...

Miranda Meltdown.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I would hope that you don't get discouraged, but I can't tell what that monster is. 

Do you think you could explain what exactly it's supposed to be?

Luckily, we have our good in-universe friend Miranda "Meltdown" to handle this sort of question!

brte.png

The "Brutes" are a collection of seemingly related metallic titans. and they also seem to be the cause of the downfall the previous occupants of this city faced. they share physiological traits with one another, such as all having the same glowing red fluid and crystals all over their inner mass.

Most Brutes bear simple steel claws or blades, but some higher tiers seem to carry highly unnatural blasters or projectile weapons, leading me to believe they are at least partially artificial. Possibly even fully artificial, as some sort of army! though, that does make the level of decay they sport a rather odd thing...

As far as we can tell, their goal is to wipe out everyone who remains in the city, though that's only a guess based on what we've seen. I've made it my goal to study them to their fullest, find out what makes their crystalline hearts tick...

Miranda Meltdown.

Oh oh! I get it now. I had forgotten that you had written this already. 

That's super fascinating! Do you have like this entire story planned out?

Today we learn that Brutes can't stand on pegleg.

That's super fascinating! Do you have like this entire story planned out?

Well, i have enough of it that i could give *major spoilers* if i wanted to. :v

Dang, now you've got me hooked. HAHA, you wouldn't say you've got this story written as far as LEGO did when they started Bionicle. :P

I'm thoroughly hooked now. :guilty:

they share physiological traits with one another, such as all having the same glowing red fluid and crystals all over their inner mass.

inb4corruptedquaza spoipers

It looks like you were saying Balk and Kraw in the fifth comic. Was that meant as a Mixels reference?

I'd say that's probably just coincidentally Mixelesque sound effects.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love filler, that's why I watch Naruto. :P

Anyway, I'll just sit and twiddle my thumbs until the next comic comes out. *Goes insane from boredom*  :headbonk: 

Seriously, though, I liked reading the first 9 pages, the art style is great and it's darker tone helps the comic stand out. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I'm not always a fan of your cartoony art style, but you've made a really good comic here. It's actually hand-drawn, and you're able to evoke a good sense of atmosphere with the dark color palette.

I'm actually intrigued by the characters and story. Is this a backstory for the Ordeal of Fire villains?

So all in all, good job. One of the best comics currently up here.

Edited by SailorQuaoar