Adventure Time!

Archon~

So, I've noticed there isn't a topic for this and I was wondering...

Any fans / occasional viewers of Adventure Time out here?

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Oh yeah. I've seen a bunch of it. I think I've seen most of season one, two, and maybe three in somewhat chronological sequence, but other than that, it's just been a lot of random episodes (mostly because I don't have cable or whatever, so a lot of the time I watch it, it's on vacation, so I just see whatever episode is airing).

Anyway, have any of you seen Bravest Warriors? It's a miniseries sort of thing, created by Pendleton Ward (the guy who created Adventure Time), and is quite similar to Adventure Time in some aspects.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I LOVE BRAVEST WARRIORS.

And a lot of episodes seem random, but usually there are little clues or tidbits that make up a really gloomy post apocalyptic story that delivers quite a punch! It's very very strange but also has a great story.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

***Toa Kyraan***

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I missed this topic existing! Adventure Time topics tend to not last much around here (i've tried unsuccessfully a couple of times already) since most people here tend to dismiss it as some stupid kid's show. (irony, really) I mean, not that it isn't that, but it's a stupid kid show with depth, dangit!

I've watched every episode so far, several times. I love Adventure Time. Or rather, I love most of it? The second half of the fifth series and parts of the sixth (frickin breezy) are overall very much not good. It can get pretty dark, but not in the characteristic fun dark, just dumb dark dark and painful relationship melodrama. They obviously still can make good episodes, though, so I'm sticking with it through to the end.

It is really super annoying how afraid they are to change the status quo in the series, though. For such a great continuity-ridden and superbly developed series, it's really lame how they backtrack on all important developments (the babies, the arm, the root beer guy (root beer guy was the best part of season 5 and his death is my least favorite thing ever)

But yeah, still a great show. Fantastic characters, especially Marcie and Simon.

AXKP5KC.png

Marcie and Simon need a spin off series. At least like a season or 2 that explains how Ooo became and how they journied, split apart etc.

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***

That is true, however I feel that adventure time might be expanding to the point where bionicle was in 2010: kind of big, messy and a lot of "wait what", know what i mean?

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***

There's certainly a lot of mess, particularly in late Season 5. Smoothing it out and going back to simple episodes would be my preference (stuff like Furniture & Meat are the best kind of episodes if you ask me) but having some cool stuff every once in a while is a blast.

AXKP5KC.png