Quick Question About Toa Stones

Click

So, as we saw with Lhikan, a Toa can put their energies into a stone and remain a Toa until the stones are activated. My question is: what if Lhikan had been killed? Would the Toa Stones still work if they had no source to draw from? What if the Toa put all their power in then, turning them into a Turaga?

Also, because I'm too lazy to make a new topic, what is the Le-Matoran attribute? Like Ta- and Ko-Matoran have resistance to their elements, Ga-Matoran can hold their breath longer, etc.? I didn't see anything on BS01 about it, and I'm drawing a blank.

So, as we saw with Lhikan, a Toa can put their energies into a stone and remain a Toa until the stones are activated. My question is: what if Lhikan had been killed? Would the Toa Stones still work if they had no source to draw from? What if the Toa put all their power in then, turning them into a Turaga?

1. I believe that when a Toa put energy into a Toa Stone, the energy stays put, regardlesss of what happens to the Toa. I say this because in Bionicle Adventures 6: Maze of Shadows, the Toa Metru create Toa Stones so that other Toa could come into being if something happened to them on their journey back to Metru Nui. I'd assume that they wouldn't have created them if the stones became powerless from their hypothetical deaths. That would've been a waste of Toa Energy.

2. I'n not sure if they would become Turaga if they put all their energy into a Toa Stone. Lhikan put his energy into six stones and stayed a Toa, but he may not have used all of his Toa Energies. My best guess would be no, but I have no real evidence to back that up. So I'll just call it a guess. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Well, I was thinking there was a potential Toa Energy, like what Lhikan used in his stones, and an active Toa Energy, used by the Metru to revive the Matoran. Both of which, when expended, lead to the Toa becoming a Turaga. The difference is that the potential Toa Energy doesn't initiate the change until it is used. I'm not sure where I got this, but I thought Toa could use active Toa energy as well as potential to charge Toa Stones.

The other part makes sense. I just wanted to make sure.

Edited by Click

My question is: what if Lhikan had been killed?

No idea. Might still work, might not. You'd have to ask Greg.

What if the Toa put all their power in then, turning them into a Turaga?

Then the stone by itself should be sufficient to Toa-ize them, I'd think. It's possible it might still need to be placed in a Suva (since a Toa has a Toa Energy value of 1, but it multiplies somehow in the process to 6; the Suva might do that -- but I tend to doubt that is canon as it would uneccessarily complicate things for roleplaying fans who figure a charged stone is enough :shrugs:). But the Turaga would then not be involved in the process.

Edit:

I'n not sure if they would become Turaga if they put all their energy into a Toa Stone.

Yes they would. Giving up all your energy is what makes Toa become Turaga. :)

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Wait... okay, let's say the Toa Energy of one Toa is 1. Then there are a few possibilities:

1. Lhikan put 1/6 Toa Energy in each Toa Stone, but until the stones' energy was depleted the energy didn't actually leave him. This means that Toa Stones are like extensions of the power reserve of the Toa who made them. It also means that just a small amount of energy is required to create a Toa.

2. Same as previous, but the suva has its own energy that amplifies the Toa Energy in each Toa Stone, making it enough to create new Toa.

3. The Toa Stones each contain only a tiny bit of Lhikan's energy, but when activated the suva drains all the energy necessary from Lhikan. This still means only a 1/6 Toa Energy is needed to make new Toa.

4. (My headcanon.) At least 5 of the Toa Mangai at some point put Toa Energy in the suva (in case new Toa would ever have to be made), so that Lhikan's 6 Toa Stones each took some extra energy given by those Toa posthumously. If the other five had still been alive at the time of the Toa Metru's creation, they would also have become Turaga. 

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Wait... okay, let's say the Toa Energy of one Toa is 1. Then there are a few possibilities:

1. Lhikan put 1/6 Toa Energy in each Toa Stone

He would have been putting some percentage lower than that in the Toa Stones, probably a tiny percent of 1/6, since he didn't become a Turaga right away. Same with the Toa Metru with the one Toa Stone each one of them made. That tiny amount then triggers the Suva to transfer the full 1/6 from Lhikan to each of the six Matoran as they transform, and the multiplication somehow happens then.

It also means that just a small amount of energy is required to create a Toa.

We don't really know how this works, but probably anything less than 1/6 is not enough. Lhikan's Toa Stones worked because he still had the rest of the TE himself, and it transferred then. The Toa Metru's Toa Stones didn't work probably because they only had a tiny fraction in each, so even with six it didn't add up to 1/6 (plus maybe Takua wasn't ready yet).

At least 5 of the Toa Mangai at some point put Toa Energy in the suva (in case new Toa would ever have to be made), so that Lhikan's 6 Toa Stones each took some extra energy given by those Toa posthumously. If the other five had still been alive at the time of the Toa Metru's creation, they would also have become Turaga.

If I'm understanding you right, this is least likely, because it would mean you would need six Toa to make six Toa. But originally there were few Toa in the universe and they basically multiplied. This would make that not work without some extra source of TE. It would also mean that killing Toa would reduce the total possible population of Toa by that amount. There's clearly some kind of multiplication going on, we just don't know exactly what does it. Chalk it up to "Toa Energy physics." :P

Also, not sure what you mean by the last sentence. If their energy were necessary for the Toa Metru to be made, they would have to already be Turaga, presumably. If they were still Toa (and they were) when they died, then it wouldn't be enough (without also having some multiplication, but then why appeal to extra Toa? :P). As I understand it. :)

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I think it was said somewhere that all Matoran destined to be Toa contain a small amount of Toa Energy, or at least have something set aside that sets them apart as able to become a Toa. Perhaps the 1/6 Toa Energy from Lhikan is enough to complete the power, or perhaps it's like a spark to get everything going. Maybe once the Matoran get that first spark, their Toa Energy generates up to full naturally.

Yes, destined Matoran have a "small amount" (or similar wording) of TE. I doubt it's 5/6 though, as it wouldn't seem consistent with the wording of "small" (or whatever the exact wording was). Probably both that and the Toa Stone energy get multiplied.

• Upvote 1

The Farshtey has spoken:

Just one quick question I'm curious about:

If Lhikan died before the Toa Metru became Toa, would the stone have worked? It seems like when the stones were activated by the Suva, it was then that Lhikan's Toa power was taken to transform them, so if he had died, it may not have worked.

Good question. I think the answer is yes. You have to invest power in a stone beforehand, so the power had to have been in there already and should have worked whether he was alive or not.

• Upvote 1

The Farshtey has spoken:

Just one quick question I'm curious about:

If Lhikan died before the Toa Metru became Toa, would the stone have worked? It seems like when the stones were activated by the Suva, it was then that Lhikan's Toa power was taken to transform them, so if he had died, it may not have worked.

Good question. I think the answer is yes. You have to invest power in a stone beforehand, so the power had to have been in there already and should have worked whether he was alive or not.

And I was just about to give my answer... :(

• Upvote 1

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Strange... if the energy already in the stones would have been enough for Toaization, why was it necessary for Lhikan to become a Turaga? Is it more of a symbolic than a mathematical thing? Or would the energy just have come from the universe as a whole if Lhikan had been unable to provide an energy source?

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Toa can become Turaga after fulfilling their destiny and giving up their power. Obviously the Toa Metru became Turaga when they spent their power to revive the Matoran, but it might not be so clear-cut with Lhikan. If his destiny was to create new Toa, then perhaps giving up his reserve power would not enough to trigger the transformation? He would have to actually fulfill his destiny before his "system" would trigger the transformation. Thus Tahu (for example) couldn't suddenly decide to vent all his Toa energy into random rocks and then go chill as a Turaga in Ta-Koro. And similarly, he is not forcefully transformed into a Turaga after his destiny is complete, he will have to give up his energy willingly at some point.

Didn't the Toa Metru each create a Toa stone, which Takua later used to call the Toa Mata's canisters in from the ocean? They couldn't have created these after they became Turaga, but obviously they did not turn into Turaga before they spent their energy on waking the Matoran. Then again, I guess in this case each of them would only need to spend 1/6 of their power on a stone, whereas Lhikan likely used as good as all of his.

Going off of this, perhaps Toa who haven't completed their destiny have a reserve of Toa Energy which they cannot draw from to create Toa Stones. After their destiny is completed, they - or other things, like the Toa Metru's transformation - can access this energy, and its removal would make a Toa Turaga.