The Adventures of Sumiki's Dad

Sumiki

CHAPTER EIGHT

the finale

-----King Nernst soon appeared behind them.

-----"You have done well, my featherless bipedal friends," he said. "Now it is time for me to send you back to your own dimension."

-----"But wait," Xaeraz said. "How did Ziploc work to bring us here? We know that you hold the power of Ziploc, but how do you have such a power?"

-----"The answer will be revealed to all in time. As of now, all you need to know is that my power in this area is unrivaled."

-----"In college, you can study things like 'The Anatomy of a Q-Tip,'" Sumiki's Dad said.

-----Pablo nodded and winked. "I drink coffee from a luggage bag," he said.

-----"You know, they landed on the moon as part of the search for pork tenderloin."

-----"Wait," Valendale said. "Nernst. I don't really care how I got here, but since I am here, I have to either go to Ko-Koro or meet Kopaka."

-----King Nernst was displeased that Valendale would dare address him without his royal title, but was nonetheless at least somewhat partial to his desire to meet Kopaka. The great possum snapped his tail like a whip, and from the dust strode out Kopaka.

-----Kopaka coughed. "Alright, what's the deal?"

-----"Fan."

-----Kopaka unsheathed his blade and aimed it straight at the head of Valendale, who was stiffened by an acute mixture of shock and elation. Upon further inspection, the end of Kopaka's blade appeared to be ... black?

-----"The sword is but a sharpie," King Nernst sighed. "No wonder we can't get anything done around here."

-----Kopaka autographed Valendale's forehead, and, once the task was accomplished, trotted back off into the woods in the direction of Ko-Koro.

-----"I can die happy," Valendale said.

-----They presently noticed that Sumiki's Dad was holding a potted plant.

-----"Where'd you get that potted plant?" Takuma asked.

-----"The mushroom festival." Sure enough, a few Ga-Matoran were selling large mushrooms (and, apparently, potted plants) from a nearby hut. Sumiki's Dad shrugged. "It's overhyped."

-----King Nernst focused his eyes on the ragtag band. "And now, by the power of Ziploc, you are free to go!"

-----The group began to glow and shrink, fading out of one existence and into another in the blink of an eye.

-----"PUT A SCREEN SAVER ON A TOASTER ..." Sumiki's Dad yelled back through

-----They fell onto their backs with a painful crash. Bright lights above them shone through their eyelids.

-----Slowly, they got up and surveyed their surroundings. People were everywhere. They were on tables.

-----"Guys,Avohkah Tamer said. "This is BrickFair! We're at BrickFair!"

-----"I fell on something," Pablo said, wincing. He rolled over. The remains of a DeeVee MOC lay on the table. "Do you think he'll notice?"

-----Presently, Aanchir approached the table. "OH MY GOODNESS!" he yelled over the din. "SUMIKI'S DAD?"

-----"Yes," Sumiki's Dad replied. "But I'm going to have to play phone tag with a geranium. Wish me luck."

-----Sumiki approached the table. "What happened this time?"

-----Pablo locked eyes with him. "Ziploc."

-----"Oh, good. At least it's not farm animals."

-----"Also farm animals."

-----"... then we have a problem."

Sumiki's Dad will return in:

The Adventures of Sumiki's Dad 2:
Vakama Eats Spam

Edited by Sumiki
  • Upvote 8

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

• 2 weeks later...