The future generation of Ninjago

powerjala

I was thinking of an idea that the NINJAGO storyline could try something new. I was thinking of the show having a timeskip when the character's story archs are finished. Let me explain. Let's say NINJAGO has some kind of series fanalie but it returns but entirley new with a new cast of characters to replace the old ones. We wouldn't feel bad about it because there was closure in the original ending. Maybe the show could keep in Wu, Garmandon, and maybe an older Nya or Lloyd trying to train a new four boys to become the next Masters of Spinjitzu. A lot of action shows and anime do this idea really well! (Like Power Rangers and Digimon) So I think NINJAGO could do it too.  ;)  

• Upvote 1

A novice user on BZPower.

I've never actually watched shows like Power Rangers and Digimon that did this with new series. To be honest, I can see it working for Ninjago, but of course it would have to be done carefully to ensure that the new main characters are just as appealing as the old main characters. Knights' Kingdom is a LEGO theme that attempted to do this in 2006, making Sir Jayko replace King Mathias as king of Morcia and introducing the new knights Sir Adric and Sir Kentis as main characters in place of the old knights Sir Rascus, Sir Santis, and Sir Danju. However, I never felt as much of an emotional connection to the new knights as I did to the old knights because their personalities were not such iconic archetypes.

If Ninjago were to do this, it would be a great opportunity to improve the gender ratios of the main cast. Ninjago has a lot of female fans, and I feel that they deserve better representation in the sets and storyline than what they've gotten so far. Even in the original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers had two female characters among its original five rangers.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...