Makuta Spectrus: The Necromancer

LUBrickon

Spectrus was a long dead Makuta from times past. In his day, Spectrus was quite fond of destroying armies in a rather peculiar way. He would stealthily have one of the enemy soldiers killed. He would then reanimate that soldier's corpse with his Kanohi Tryna, and have him kill another soldier. The more of his enemies killed, the more corpses he was able to revive and use to kill more of the enemy forces. Spectrus would repeat this process until none of the enemy forces remained alive and would then release the undead beings from his control. 

The inspiration for this MOC came from the idea that the Mask of Reanimation was considered an immoral mask.

It seemed logical that at some point a Makuta would have worn one.

As always, feedback is appreciated. 

(links to higher resolution images under the pictures below)

Er6hmfR.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lubrickon/14967220968/

0YLuOez.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lubrickon/15130768326/

6E6y8vH.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lubrickon/14967223157/

• Upvote 1

Very interesting design. The Tryna never looked at all like the other "immoral masks" to me, but you managed to give it an evil vibe in this picture. I also like the overlap of the Tridax Pod launcher with the Hordika foot. The Visorak pincers as shoulder spikes are definitely a nice change, if it were Takanuva staffs it would look a little generic to me.

My only issue is the legs not being long enough for the body. I think Rahkshi or Piraka lower legs would work better here than Vahki lower legs. And then maybe some arm extension to match, since Spectrus currently lacks any form of elbows.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Very interesting design. The Tryna never looked at all like the other "immoral masks" to me, but you managed to give it an evil vibe in this picture. I also like the overlap of the Tridax Pod launcher with the Hordika foot. The Visorak pincers as shoulder spikes are definitely a nice change, if it were Takanuva staffs it would look a little generic to me.

My only issue is the legs not being long enough for the body. I think Rahkshi or Piraka lower legs would work better here than Vahki lower legs. And then maybe some arm extension to match, since Spectrus currently lacks any form of elbows.

For the legs, I was trying to give it a bit of a stubbier feel, sorta like original Teridax. It's probably true that a some other legs would work better for that though. As for the arms, you might be right, maybe it could have used some elbows. : )

There's some good stuff here. That torso is rather nice, and shows that you know how to use your pieces to achieve the shape you want. The shoulder spike are a lovely touch.

The limbs aren't quite as good, they are a bit simplistic for my taste, and give the build a bit of a gangly feel. I would say make these a little bulkier and more complex, it'll really compliment the nicer parts of the build.

Good design!v Hope to see more from you.