When Bionicle's Back, Will it be a Hit?

Fang RRB

Depends entirely on the sets, story, execution and marketing. There's no telling how popular it will be. To be as successful as the original run, there would need to be that spirit involved that made Bionicle great in the first place. Those who are in charge of the line will have to enjoy it, otherwise we will just get a slightly altered Hero Factory.

• Upvote 1

^that.

Keep in mind guys, the playing field has switched around quite a bit. Now you have other themes that use a similar system and ideas as Bionicle did in the beginning, and if they simply plan to reboot the storyline, well then you're really not introducing anything new other than an old theme. I think due to the hype train, and curiosity of kids the first year Bionicle comes back (be it 2015 or no) it will bring in quite a bit of money, but later on it could be very risky.

I think if they introduce a new building system and story it'll be a hit, but if not, it will be a disappointing end to a toyline.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I mean I think it's a little early to go wondering about that yet. ^_^  All we've gotten is a picture and some set names/prices, and that's not a whole lot to reflect off of. There simply isn't enough to judge yet; we don't even have any idea on what the story will be.

But I hope Bionicle will be so amazing that it forces every other toy company in the world out of business.  :D Just kidding, what would we do without Best Lock to remind us how much better LEGO is?

Given the LEGO Group's recent track record, I think it's VERY likely that the new BIONICLE will be a hit. The biggest question is how much of a hit it might be. It'd be great if it could be a hit on the same level that Ninjago was, but that's a pretty lofty goal, especially for the constraction category which is far more niche than your typical brick-based LEGO building.

• Upvote 2

It'll be successful - as successful as Lego's similar constraction ventures anyway I think and hopefully moreso. I think the question will be how much more so and how high expectations TLC have for it. Hopefully it gets to stay around for a while. :)

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^