Since BIONICLE 2015 have you bought any old BIONICLE sets?

Boidoh

Has BIONICLE 2015 made you buy old sets?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Has BIONICLE 2015 influenced you to go and buy old BIONICLE sets?

It sure has for me. I already bought, Toa Hagah Iruini, Roporak, the Fikou promotional set, Solek and Rahkshi of Heat Vision, along with a bunch of parts.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Nope. I already had most of the sets from when Bionicle was still around. And I'm certainly not going to spend my money on the few I'm missing when I know I want to save up for the new ones—especially since the old ones are way more likely to include easily-breakable parts.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

No. Lyichir and I share a collection, for starts, so what he said about his collection's state of completion is also true of mine. As he says, a lot of old sets (particularly ones from 2007–2010) had fragile pieces. And furthermore, I am not nearly as fond of a lot of the old-school BIONICLE sets and parts in hindsight as I was when they were new. Constraction sets have come a long way since then, with better proportions, a more user-friendly and systematic building system, sturdier joints, and a more versatile aesthetic. I probably have all the old-school BIONICLE parts and sets that I'll ever need.

Besides, since we already know for fact that next year's BIONICLE sets will be using the CCBS (Character and Creature Building System), I'd have more to gain by buying some of this year's Hero Factory sets that are still on my wish list than by buying older sets that will not share a building system with either my current Hero Factory collection or the upcoming BIONICLE sets.

I did buy a classic Kanohi Akaku from Toa Kopaka and an ice pick from Turaga Nuju from a vendor at Brickfair, but that's mostly because I was trying to fill a cup, had mostly gone through all their CCBS parts that interested me, and wanted to finish up with something I lacked (the ice pick) and something that had sentimental value for me (the Akaku). That was not really connected in any way with BIONICLE's impending return.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

I have bought some Bionicle and Technic pieces from Bricklink a while ago but that was mainly to finish some mocs, replace broken pieces and finish off some of my multiple McToran. These purchases werent really influenced by the Bionicle 2015 rumors. But now having a job,i know it will be easier to purchase any of these supposedly rumored 2015 sets when compared to 5 years ago at the age of 12/11 LOL :D

Yes, somewhat subconsciously. I've been trying to finish my Kanohi collection, and I've had a sudden drive to finish lately, shopping all over and buying a lot. I also got (half) a Muaka and Kane Ra set recently as well.

• Upvote 1

Although I'd love to get my hands on some of the old sets, I unfortunately don't have the money to buy things for myself. 2015 hasn't really riled me up to want any extra sets more than usual anyway. If I were to buy anything I'd like the newer sets from Bionicle because... it's just flippin' Bionicle 2015, do you really need an explanation for that?  :D

• Upvote 1

Just this year, I've obtained Gali Mata, a Tahnok, the Boxor, Makuta, a Panrahk, Nuju Metru, Vakama Hordika, an Oohnorak (Did I spell that right?), both Hagah, Brutaka, and various random Kanohi. But they weren't influenced by The Return, they were influenced by my coincidental resurgence of interest in Bionicle in around early February. (Since Bionicle ended, I've been through various states of being interested in Bionicle and not. Generally the "interested" states have normally only lasted a month or so, but this current one looks like it's staying around permanently.) I still voted "Yes", though, as the rumours drew me to BZP, and I got my Tahnok, Boxor, Panrahk, Nuju Metru and Brutaka through BZP's B/S/T forum.

VBWj75sh.png

I believe I've taken the exact opposite approach some have voice here. Just because old sets won't "fit with the new style" doesn't devalue them to me at all. But then, I'm also in it for the sets themselves and not purely pieces to build with.

Rather, I see it as possibly raising the already climbing prices on some sets due to renewed and increased demand.

To that end, I've bought all of the Mistika I was missing and have the 2003 Matoran, Takua & Pewku, and Jaller & Gukko on their way. And still plan on getting more and filling holes even after the new line begins. Don't see any reason to stop just because there's more to get.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 1

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I believe I've taken the exact opposite approach some have voice here. Just because old sets won't "fit with the new style" doesn't devalue them to me at all. But then, I'm also in it for the sets themselves and not purely pieces to build with.

Fair enough. I mainly like the older sets for the characters as well, but frankly I already have an extensive BIONICLE collection, and don't have any interest in getting duplicates of sets I already have unless I plan to use them as parts packs. If I had lots of huge gaps in my collection I might feel more of an incentive to try and fill them in, provided they're sets that I inadvertently missed my chance to get and not sets I deliberately passed up because they didn't interest me.

Edited by Aanchir

Fair enough. I mainly like the older sets for the characters as well, but frankly I already have an extensive BIONICLE collection, and don't have any interest in getting duplicates of sets I already have unless I plan to use them as parts packs. If I had lots of huge gaps in my collection I might feel more of an incentive to try and fill them in, provided they're sets that I inadvertently missed my chance to get and not sets I deliberately passed up because they didn't interest me.

And that makes complete sense. I felt like I had gaps, like 2003, and still have some, like the 2001 Rahi. Those all seem worth getting to me and I never had a chance at before. But as a counter, there's a reason I haven't touched anything 2009 with a twenty foot poll (...yet at least). :P

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

And that makes complete sense. I felt like I had gaps, like 2003, and still have some, like the 2001 Rahi. Those all seem worth getting to me and I never had a chance at before. But as a counter, there's a reason I haven't touched anything 2009 with a twenty foot poll (...yet at least). :P

~|ET|~

Thornatus V9, tho.

Me personally, I don't have my Bionicle Sets anymore. They are all in storage. For Christmas this year, I'm thinking of buying a few. Any suggestions?

Edited by Vokaru Mistika

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

Due to a Hurricane several years ago, I lost all my sets exept for 2001 and 2002 sets, the hype train has exited me enough to start re-collecting my sets, and thankfully I have had enough to get the 2003-2006 sets.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Uh, a bit after BIONICLE ended, my friends gave me a bunch of sets they didn't want anymore. I went from having a big collection to a huge collection. xD And it was all 100% free!

So no... my answer is no. I still don't really want older sets because I have too many now. And the new stuff is coming in. Why look back at the old in such regard?

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Rather, I see it as possibly raising the already climbing prices on some sets due to renewed and increased demand.

To that end, I've bought all of the Mistika I was missing and have the 2003 Matoran, Takua & Pewku, and Jaller & Gukko on their way. And still plan on getting more and filling holes even after the new line begins. Don't see any reason to stop just because there's more to get.

~|ET|~

I agree with this 100% completely.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I'm aiming to get Tahu Mata and Tahu Nuva so I can have a set of 5 Tahu's once 2015 comes (somebody better take a picture of all 5 later if I can't)

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself.

Planning on getting Tahu and Lewa Mata soon, as they are the last of the Toa Mata I need.

I still need to get those last three Vahki too...

"Vahki were rarely, if ever, surprised by anything. After years of tracking down and subduing Rahi of all sorts, the order enforcement squads were experienced at handling almost any situation. Add to that foiling the ingenious attempts of some Matoran to try and take unscheduled vacations from work, and Vahki could safely be said to have seen it all."

Nope. Saving my money for the 2015 sets. However, I've been rebuilding a ton of my old BIONICLE, that since their release, have broken (the models, not the pieces). Also, the rumors persuaded me to ask my cousin (five years older than me - twenty and a sophomore in college) for his...

-Onua, Kopaka, and Lewa Mata

-Jala, Maku, and Kongu McToran

-Vakama and Matau Turaga

-Nui Rama

-A few of the Bohrok

-Gali Nuva

He gave them all to me!

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Nope. One, my collection is around ~150 right now, so I'm not missing too many, but, two, as much as the large number of sets I own might say otherwise, I'm quite a penny pincher. I don't typically buy any Bionicle sets unless I find them for a really good deal.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)