The Official Bionicle RPG Request Topic

GSR

wasteland1_zpsbctfno3o.jpg

There is shadow under this red rock,

(Come in under the shadow of this red rock),

And I will show you something different from either

Your shadow at morning striding behind you

Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;

I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

-T.S. Eliot, "The Waste Land"

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness,
starving hysterical naked,
dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking
for an angry fix,
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly
connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night

-Allen Ginsburg, "Howl"

1.0 – Intro
You awake.

When did you lie down to sleep, and for how long? You know not the answers. Your memory retreats to the darkest corner of your mind, leaving nothing but your name. You know your name... or you think you do. Perhaps it is only a fragment of sound, a piece of something you used to be called.

Whatever it is, that name will serve for now.

Your eyes are weak, but your surroundings come into focus as you blink the dust away. You lie upon grey sand, underneath a grey sky. Low-hanging clouds threaten rain, but the surrounding desert bears no witness to the threat. Everything is parched and dead. This land has been thirsty for so long, it has forgotten the taste of water.

You struggle to your feet. In the distance, you can make out mountainous silhouettes rising above the endless expanse of dusty land, their peaks lost in the clouds. Before them, yet still many miles away, you see a black tower jutting out from the sand. Its foundations obviously long decayed, it leans over the desert like a dead tree, perpetually on the verge of crashing to the ground.

Your gaze drifts downward; you see a settlement (if it can be called even that) only a mile or so off. There- that's where you must go. Perhaps the settlement will have water, and some shelter against the bitter wind that begins to pick up, pulling at the sand and at your skin. Perhaps its inhabitants can tell you where you are.

Or perhaps it is deserted, like the rest of this desolate land.

But you have no other options, so you begin to trudge across the sand. You are desperately thirsty, and your muscles ache; you feel like you have not used them for a very long time. But you are strong enough to walk, at least, and you reach the outskirts of the settlement within half an hour.

As you approach, you realize the shelters you saw from a distance are little more than pieces of rusty metal hammered together and erected over holes dug in the sand. One or two have four walls and a roof; the rest can't even be called huts. You attempt to call out, but nothing more than dusty cough escapes your throat.

It's enough to alert the inhabitants to your presence. First one pair of eyes, then another, then another; you see gleaming orbs appear in the cracks of each shelter, but their owners say nothing.

“Please...” you whisper. “Water...”

A long silence follows, then a Matoran emerges from one of the larger shelters. Clad in dark green-brown armour (the metal almost indistinguishable from the rust), he carries a crude spear in one hand and a canteen in the other. He eyes you warily, then speaks.

“Wh'are you?”

His voice is half-strangled by a thick accent, but you understand well enough. You tell him your name.

“Don'now you,” he says with a frown. “Where y'come from?”

You point back across the sand, and his frown deepens. “No'ne comes from there.”

You shrug. He waits, mulling this over, then tosses you the canteen. You barely catch it, fingers scrabbling greedily over its surface. The water inside is lukewarm and tastes metallic, but you don't care.

Sated, you hand the tin back. The Matoran takes it, then beckons for you to follow him deeper into the settlement. You figure he could have killed you by now if he wanted to, so you might as well follow. Perhaps you will find the information you seek.

2.0 – Overview
Welcome to the Wasteland.

It is a vast desert, dry and dead, overhung by dark clouds that promise rain but deliver only acid. Everything is bleached grey and brown, from the harsh sand to the bleak mountains to the handful of villagers who manage to scrape a living out of the rocks. Little lives here, and less survives.

You are a being who has awoken on the sands a little south of the Settlement. You do not remember how you got there or even who you are; all you remember is your name. Travelling north, you have been allowed to make whatever living you can in the Settlement, which its inhabitants call Canus.

Canus is populated by roughly two dozen Matoran who do what they can to survive. No Toa live here; the villagers say that all Toa serve the Queen, who lives in her Tower to the north. The Queen controls the only fresh spring in the Wasteland, trading water for artifacts and supplies scavenged from the desert.

The villagers are all half-mad —it's the only way to cope with an eternity of barely surviving— but most are relatively harmless until you threaten them or their belongings. Each day, some of them venture into the Wastes to scavenge what materials they can find to trade for water. At night, when the desert turns bitterly cold, they will stay in their huts and swap stories, each more outlandish than the last. Perhaps there is some truth in their tales, but it's not an easy job distinguishing the two.

A stranger in this land, your destiny is up to you. Whether you wish to brave the Wastes or merely survive another day in the Settlement, the choice is yours. Be wise in your decision: the desert holds many mysteries, but it is not forgiving to those who dare to seek them.

3.0 – Locations
The Settlement, named Canus by its inhabitants, lies on a plateau of sorts, elevated above the Wastes. The ground is rocky and barren, but some few things manage to survive here, including the villagers. The Settlement itself is little more than a collection of shacks built of rusty metal and canvas, material scavenged from the Wastes.

To the north of the Settlement stands the Tower. Once a proud iron spike that rose high into the sky, it now leans precariously to one side. It is here that the Queen makes her court, and it is also here where the only spring in the Wasteland can be found.

To the north, beyond the Tower, lie the Black Mountains. Tall and jagged, their peaks pierce the clouds. No one in living memory has scaled them, or crossed through them to see what —if anything— lies beyond.

To the west and the south lie the Wastes, a vast desert bordered by low cliffs. It is a deadly place, ever threatened by acid storms and terrifying sandstorms. It is here the villagers scavenge most of their metal and inorganic supplies, but few dare to venture farther than a mile or two, fearing the storms that may rise up at any moment.

To the east lie empty sands. Beyond them, Raka, a legendary city made entirely of metal, is said to have been taken over long ago by nightmarish beasts. No one is sure if the city or the beasts really exist, but anyone desperate enough to make the journey is never seen again.

4.0 – NPCs
NPCs (or Non-Player Characters) are characters played by the staff to advance the plot and give colour to the world. These characters usually stay in the background, speaking only when spoken to or when the plot demands. More NPCs may be revealed as the game progresses.

4.1 - Major NPCs
These NPCs are played exclusively by the staff and may have a role in the game's plot. They are “major” only because they're named; you may attempt to attack them, kidnap them, bargain with them, etc. However, be wise in your decisions, as some of these NPCs are much more powerful than you.

The Blue Queen is the self-proclaimed ruler of the Wasteland. No one would say it to her face, but this Toa of Water is often referred to as the Mad Queen, as she is unpredictable, pleasant and hostile by turns as her fancy pleases. At some point in time, she took control of the only spring of fresh water in the Wasteland and has kept it under close guard ever since. This is the key to her power: without that water, nothing in the Wasteland could survive.

Takava is the right hand of the Queen, guarding the Tower and the spring it houses. Thin and menacing, his armour is bleached white as bone, lending him a skeletal appearance.

Nua has led the Settlement since time immemorial. It was this Turaga who first struck the bargain with the Queen to allow his villagers to trade scavenged goods for water. That was many years ago; now he spends most of his time in his hut, lost in dreams of the past.

As Nua slips deeper into his memories, Maru, his right hand, has taken on more and more of the Settlement's responsibilities. This Matoran is thoughtful and cautious, and seems more sane than most.

4.2 - Minor NPCs
The Settlement is populated by roughly two dozen Matoran. These NPCs are entirely average. They can be played by the staff, but regular players may take control of them for brief interactions.

5.0 – Player Characters
The two primary rules regarding character creation: players may only play as Matoran, and each profile must include a legitimate weakness. For best results, use the profile template below:

Name: (what are you called?)
Race: (what type of Matoran are you? See section 5.1 below for available types & passive abilities)
Mask: (you may possess one powerless mask.)
Abilities/Skills: (what are you good at?)
Weapons/Equipment: (what weapons & equipment do you carry? See section 5.2 below)
Appearance: (what do you look like?)
Personality: (what are you like? List your likes, dislikes, pet peeves, etc.)
Weaknesses: (list any flaws you have. This section is mandatory. See section 5.3 below)

5.1 - Matoran Types & Passive Abilities
Ta-Matoran (Fire): enhanced heat tolerance.
Ko-Matoran (Ice): enhanced cold tolerance.
Ga-Matoran (Water): able to hold breath for longer periods of time.
Le-Matoran (Air): enhanced agility.
Po-Matoran (Stone): enhanced strength.
Onu-Matoran (Earth): enhanced night vision.
Vo-Matoran (Lightning): resistance to electric shocks.
Fa-Matoran (Magnetism): internal compass & good sense of direction.
Su-Matoran (Plasma): eye protection against bright light & limited heat tolerance.
Ba-Matoran (Gravity): resistance to gravitational pressure.
De-Matoran (Sonics): enhanced hearing.
Bo-Matoran (Jungle): innate understanding of plants & resistant to poison.
Fe-Matoran (Iron): enhanced endurance.
Ce-Matoran (Psionics): resistance to mind control & telepathy.
Av-Matoran (Light): able to instinctively alter armour colour.
Shadow Matoran: not permitted to play. Shadow Matoran profiles will not be approved.

5.2 - Equipment & Weapons
Your character wakes on the sands with nothing. Therefore, any equipment and weapons they possess must have been scavenged from the Wastes, or made with scavenged materials. Advanced technology is nonexistent, and basic tech is unreliable.

5.3 - Weaknesses
All characters must possess a minimum of one legitimate weakness or character flaw. Perfect characters are no fun to interact with, and they quickly become boring to play (trust me). Your character doesn't have to be paralysed from the waist down, but should have some flaw more hindering than an allergy to chocolate. Below are some examples, but feel free to come up with your own!

Some examples of appropriate weaknesses
Easily influenced by others.
Gets tired quickly.
Easily influenced by emotions.
Hot-headed.
Poor vision.
Missing left hand.
Doesn't know how to fight.

6.0 – Rules & Guidelines
This RPG is largely sandbox, with character allowed to go and do whatever they like. That said, there are a few things to keep in mind:

i. All BZP rules apply.

ii. Play fairly. Coming up with new equipment or skills out of nowhere, dodging or blocking all attacks, and dishing out absurd amounts of damage are all examples of godmodding, which is no fun for other players. Getting your hands on functional weapons and equipment should be difficult; simply pulling them out of your back pocket is frowned upon. (Remember: this is a Wasteland. It's not supposed to be easy!)

iii. Keep in-character and out-of-character knowledge separate. This is an important distinction to make: your character's knowledge is separate from your own knowledge as a player. A Matoran living in the Settlement won't be aware of another Matoran discovering a haven beyond the mountains unless someone comes back and tells them.

iv. Play your own character. You may control some NPCs to a degree, but leave player characters to their owners, unless you have their permission. This is especially important in combat: you do not decide whether your attacks land; that is up to the player of your opponent.

v. Use the acronym 'IC' (In-Character) when speaking as your character, and use the acronym 'OOC' (Out-Of-Character) when speaking as a player in the game topic. This helps to distinguish between character knowledge and player knowledge.

vi. All profiles must be approved by staff before playing.
Edited by Eyru
  • Upvote 6

This is nothing I would fret over, but unless there's a possibility of Matoran turning into Toa or gaining access to their mask's power some other way, I would simply merge the Kanohi section into the Equipment one. Honestly, I might even do that regardless of the possibility of using those masks in the future, but in the end, that's up to you. =)

Wasteland approved x2.

• Upvote 2

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

• 2 weeks later...

I'm torn. There's things I'd like to see more detail in, or just wish I saw in general - like what kind of beasts qualify as nightmarish, because I don't actually see any hint of anything that could be called a Rahi at all, apart from one aside mention. Tech progression would be nice too - the setting reminds me a bit of Cradle of Civilization, in which the epitome of developed tech became a bow that could shoot up to six arrows lit with Greek fire, and part of the fun there was a technological arms race in a land with no resources to be found. But it's understandable why it's not included.

Nothing that I see missing here is something that actually hinders playability of this game, so Wasteland approved x4.

-Tyler

• Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

• 5 weeks later...

I apologize for the delay on this (even given our fifth judge's lack of recent activity).

I agree with Tyler that it probably couldn't hurt to flesh out the world a little bit more; wastelands are a stock setting for a reason, but you need to be sure that players have things to discover and achieve in everyday interaction, not just the occasional plot development.

That said, those aren't game-blocking issues.  Wasteland approved x5; you may start when you feel ready.

• Upvote 1

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

• 3 weeks later...

I was curious about making a Toa Empire themed RPG.....

Hi Toa Azureus. This is the Offical RPG Request Topic, and the only people who post here are the RPG judges, and people submitting a complete RPG. If you're just looking to brainstorm ideas or get critique on an incomplete RPG, you'll want to head over to the Official RPG Planning Topic. Remember, all RPGs must be critiqued in the Planning Topic before they can be posted here for approval. :) Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Ok, so from what I've seen on these pages, and from reading the first post carefully, if I want to make an RPG in here, I have post all the specs of it on the Planning topic, correct? And all the judges listed have to approve of it in order to work, as well as me editting whatever a judge says I should do?

Edited by The Forgotten Wonder

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Pretty much. Post your idea here, and I think there's at least a week trial period for people to critique your game and help you refine the rules. Once people start saying it looks good, then you can post it in the Request Topic, and the judges will take it from there.

• Upvote 1

That's correct, but posting in this topic is reserved for someone making a submission or a judge responding to a submission. Questions and the answers to those questions should occur in the Planning topic, and it should probably be a Judge responding to anyone who posts here erroneously (though the intended help is very much appreciated, Click). :)

Edited by Peele

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

• 3 months later...

lWvW4fC.jpg

When the universe fell, we rose…

The Story:

Welcome to Skyrise. In this world, Mata Nui was unable to restore Spherus Magna to its former glory, and the Mask of Life was lost. Without the mask’s energies to stabilise it, the newly-reformed planet became prone to earthquakes and floods, the decades of natural disasters drastically reshaping the landscape and decimating many of the existing population centres.

Bara Magna was transformed into a maze of plateaus and canyons, with the seas of sand at the bottom being ruled by rabid bands of Zesk, Vorox, and vicious Rahi. In the chaos, Marendar was unleashed, wiping out the few Toa who remained before presumably being destroyed. The sentient races that were left made their homes atop the sturdiest of the rock formations, further reinforced by the efforts of friendly Skakdi and other powered beings. On the less secure plateaus, criminals and other outcasts still cling to life in settlements of their own, living in constant fear of the next tremor being the one to spell their doom.

While most of those within the settlements remain content in their uneventful lives, toiling each day to ensure there’s enough food and resources to go around, there are those tasked with travelling between settlements to bear news, ferry resources, and most importantly, keep the peace. It is into these roles that players will be stepping, captaining airships or piloting scout craft across the hostile surface of the new Great Barren.

Locations:

The new Bara Magna is a dangerous, desolate place, with the various permanent settlements serving as the only real safe havens. (Map)

• Tesara – Sitting astride a singular pillar of earth and stone in the centre of an immense crater, the roots of this jungle village’s immense trees have withstood the test of time, and have held it together for untold decades. The Tesara plateau is overgrown with vegetation, and is even home to a small population of numerous rahi species, suitable for use as livestock or event pets. Tesara supplies most of the Great Barren’s food, and maintains long-standing trade deals with most of the other settlements (with the exception of Cliffside). Tesara is undoubtedly the most open and accepting of all the settlements, although there are some who would argue that they’re too trusting…
  • New Atero – Originally little more than a shanty town built up next to the remains of the fallen Great Spirit Robot, New Atero has endured the disasters that have lashed the planet, and coalesced into a singular, colossal fortress. Being in fairly close proximity to a freshwater lake and the open ocean, they’re becoming increasingly self-reliant, having abruptly severed many of their trade deals in recent months, and their militant approach to negotiations lead many to distrust and fear them. New Atero’s surrounding are strewn with shattered metal and rocky outcroppings, serving as a barrier against rahi and other dangers, while a number of watchtowers and turret fortifications have recently begun to appear in recent weeks. All signs point to New Atero preparing for war, but a war against who?
  • Fe – An underground village nestled somewhere in among what remains of the Black Spike Mountains, this mining settlement supplies most of the Barren’s raw materials, weaponry, and aircraft. Its people are extremely reclusive by nature, and as such no outsider knows the exact location of the village itself. Those who attempt to find it are intercepted by Fe aircraft and turned around, or escorted to the village blindfolded. They send traders to the other settlements every fortnight or so, bringing new vehicles and equipment which they exchange for food, water, and other necessities.
  • Cliffside – A precarious shamble of random structures with no coherent order or organisation, this is where the outcasts and rogues flock together for survival. Scattered across a number of small plateaus spanned by constantly-collapsing bridges, this village has no government or law enforcement, and is dominated instead by mob rule. Its populace is too small in number to pose a true threat to any of the major settlements, while simultaneously being too big to be easily destroyed, and as such this pirate port continues its uncertain existence, its citizens stealing or bartering for what they need.
  • Aqua Magna – Volcanic eruptions and earthquakes have turned the oceans foul and polluted, with only the strongest, most vicious of creatures still able to thrive there. Despite this, the beasts that dwell there make for good eating, for those who have the means and the skill to hunt them. Rumours abound of ancient treasures and old-world artefacts being located somewhere in the depths, although the equipment to pursue such rumours is costly, and difficult to come by.  
  • The Arena – No one is entirely sure who built this place, or when, or why, only that it is hewn from some seemingly indestructible stone, the strongest of earthquakes and most powerful of Kanoka alike having no effect on this mysterious structure. Given its proximity to The Chasm, most beings chose to avoid it entirely, but it is still occasionally used for trade meetings or impromptu tournaments.
  • The Chasm – While the planet slowly shook itself apart, the colossal corpse of the Matoran Universe remained where it lay, sprawled across the fragmented canyons. That was, until Marendar did battle with the last remaining Toa atop the long dead machine, and the ground gaped open like a hungry maw, swallowing the entirety of the Great Spirit Robot into the darkened depths. The resulting chasm’s edges still glow with unseen heat, frequently belching fetid smog into the air, and every now and again some kind of horrendously mutated rahi crawls up from below. Those who’ve attempted to explore what lies below have never returned. At least, not with their sanity intact.

Aircraft:

Travel between settlements, aerial combat, and scouting is accomplished using various vehicles, reverse-engineered from technology that was salvaged from Karda Nui before the evacuation of the Matoran Universe. In addition to these uses, it is strongly encouraged by the rulers of the settlements that those who feel the need for violence to take their altercations away from where innocent people can be caught in the crossfire, and fight their battles in the skies instead.

Please note, each character is only allowed to have a single vessel/vehicle.   

• Airships - Utilising a complicated system of levitation and weight increase Kanoka, each of the airships is controlled by pulleys that cause either the levitation or the weight increase Kanoka Disks to strike the Airship's framework, forcing the Airship to rise or fall. A modified version of a transport Chute, capped at both ends, is built into the back of the Airship, providing forward thrust by letting a small portion of pressurised air jet out from the back. These vessels are usually slow and unarmed, but often come equipped with a small number of Cargo Haulers to make the task of transferring goods easier. There are no set limits for what players can and can’t include in an airship, but please exercise common sense. Airships are already slow and heavy, so tacking on a whole heap of armour or weapons, for example, is going to weigh you down even more. Likewise, if you wanted to use your airship to carry a crew of other players and serve as a hangar for their aircraft, there won’t be much room left for any other special additions. 
  • Jetpacks - utilised solely by smaller races, these are simple, sturdy devices. With in-built parachutes and enough energy to stay airborne for several days, they can get up a decent amount of speed, and depending on the skill of the user, can be highly manoeuvrable. These are equipped with a built-in parachute, and have no proper weapon or customisation slots. However, they do double as backpacks, being able to store extra fuel, equipment, weapons, etc., so that the wearer is able to keep their hands free.
  • Skyfighters - again only able to be used by the smaller species, these speedy, agile fighters are equipped with a single weapon. It is worth noting, however, that while these glorified gliders are able to stay airborne for much longer than most other craft, they’re far from the most versatile of aircraft, and a few well-placed shots in the right place could easily knock them out of the sky. (Pilot teleportation, 1 weapon slots, no customisation slots).
  • Rockoh - used primarily by many of the larger races, these stocky, heavily armoured craft are equipped with enhanced engines, capable of putting on incredible, albeit brief, bursts of speed in order to ram targets. As well as their characteristic rams, these craft are usually equipped with a single weapon. (Pilot teleportation, 1 weapon slots, 2 customisation slots).
  • Jetrax - the perfect midpoint between speed, agility and firepower, these craft are also used by most of the larger races. Capable of carrying three weapons, the Jetrax model’s most noteworthy vulnerabilities are its two bulky wing-mounted engines. In addition, although most of the vehicle is armoured, the cockpit is not, leaving the pilot somewhat exposed. (Pilot teleportation, 3 weapon slots, 1 customisation slot).
  • Axalara - the biggest and heaviest of the vehicles in the fleet, it’s not as fast or agile as the Jetrax, but is much more heavily armoured. It can carry only two weapons, as its primary purpose is to serve as a bomber, deploying explosives from a hatch underneath to drop onto targets. This aircraft’s main drawback is that its pilot is left even more exposed than that of a Jetrax. (Pilot teleportation, 2 weapon slots, 1 customisation slot, 1 bomb bay).

With the exception of jetpacks and airships, which carry parachutes, all vehicles are equipped with teleportation devices that will automatically transport their pilots safely to the nearest stable surface if their aircraft is destroyed, or they’re severely injured. This system is in place to prevent the rampant murdering of PCs, and hopefully stop people from godmodding in order to save their characters from what would otherwise be inescapable deaths.

All aircraft share a default cruising speed, which allows them to travel from one side of the Great Barren to the other within a little under a day. While airships and jetpacks cannot accelerate much beyond this speed, most other aircraft can make this trip in roughly half the time, making them ideal for use as messengers or scouts. It is worth noting, however, that the unique energies that power these faster aircraft also render the pilots unable to use any powers or powered weapons they might have, forcing them to rely solely on their vehicle’s capabilities.

New or replacement aircraft, as well as upgrades to existing ones, can be obtained from staff NPCs such as settlement leaders, usually in exchange for favours or as a reward for some kind of special quest or mission.

Character:

Name: what do they call themselves?

Species: what species are they? Most canon species will be taken into consideration, but it will ultimately be up to the GM’s discretion as to what races are approved.

Gender: does your character identify as male, female, neither, both, etc.

Powers: include here things like elemental affinity, vision powers, and so on.

Gear: this is where weapons, Kanohi, as well as items such as Rhotuka/Zamors should be listed.

Personal Aircraft: if they have one, list it here. This includes jetpacks.

Allegiance/Role: Which settlement are they from? Are they a ranger, criminal, outcast, captain, etc?  

Appearance: pretty straightforward - what does your character look like? Can be a short description, a MOC, etc.

Personality: some description regarding what your character is like as a person.

Bio: Give us a bit of insight into your character’s past. Where did they come from, why did they choose this particular lifestyle/profession, etc.

Aircraft:

Name: what does your character call their craft?

Model: what type of craft is it?

Weaponry: what weapons does your craft have? Feel free to use canon weapons or come up with your own, but please try to be reasonable about it.

Customisation: There is limited room for additional modifications to be applied to some aircraft. This can take the form of extra armour plating, thrusters to aid in manoeuvrability, reinforcement to the cockpit or other vulnerable areas, and so on. Again, be reasonable.

Appearance: What does the craft look like? Does it have a custom paint job, extra spikes, etc.

Rules:

1. Please use IC (in character) and OOC (out of character) tags in your posts. OOC-only posts should be limited solely to the discussion topic.
  2. This is a pet peeve of mine, but please put both your character’s name and their location in your posts. It’s confusing for other players seeking interaction, otherwise, especially in an open-world game such as this one.
  3. No god-modding, metagaming, fightbotting, autohitting, etc. In general, play fair.
  4. Please be considerate of other players, and recognise the distinction between OOC and IC. If someone’s character kills/injures/dislikes one of your characters, it doesn’t mean that their player has a personal problem with you.
  5. Most importantly, have fun.
  • Upvote 7

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I don't see anything particularly wrong, other than the (apparent) lack of a co-GM. Since they are not strictly mandated, and since games these days don't exactly run at breakneck pace, I'm not going to withhold an approval for it but I would advice getting one. Assuming, of course, you don't have one. I may have missed it.

Skyrise approved x1.

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

• 3 weeks later...

I remember liking the concept for this back when I saw it in RPG Planning, so I don't have any problems with the game itself. My take is you really need a co-GM, but since more often than not back in the contest days co-GMs only got chosen after an RPG won, I don't have a problem with you choosing one within a few days after the game goes up or something.

Skyrise approved x2.

-Tyler

• Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

• 3 weeks later...

My apologies for having this languish the past few weeks.  I don't have the time to try and fix the system right this moment, but I do have the time to say Skyrise approved.

You can get started when you feel ready.

• Upvote 2

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

I don't see anything particularly wrong, other than the (apparent) lack of a co-GM. 

My take is you really need a co-GM, but since more often than not back in the contest days co-GMs only got chosen after an RPG won, I don't have a problem with you choosing one within a few days after the game goes up or something.

I don't have a co-GM at the moment, as most of the people I'd be comfortable working with seem more interested in actually playing the game than helping run it, but certainly, if after the first few days the workload proves too much for me, I'll endeavour to track down someone/s that I can coax into helping me out.

My apologies for having this languish the past few weeks.  I don't have the time to try and fix the system right this moment, but I do have the time to say Skyrise approved.

You can get started when you feel ready.

Thank you again.

I'll probably try to post the topics within the next few hours, before I go off and crash for the night. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

• 2 months later...

Here is my application for Project Protodermis. The latest draft of the game has been in the planning topic for three days, as required, and no major flaws have been found in that time.

I imagine that you judges may have some reservations about approving a game by a newcomer to the forum, such as myself. It takes some nouse to run a game, so handing the reigns to a novice would be a significant risk. Although I have RPed on other sites and think I am up to the task, anyone can claim that, and this may not reassure you.

For this reason, I have recruited myself a Co-GM: someone who has logged plenty of time on this forum, someone who knows how you do things around here and which important toes should not be stepped on.

I hope you will find this game acceptable,

GoSP

ppg2.png

So, you think you have what it takes to be a Dark Hunter? To join and thrive among the most skilled and treacherous mercenaries the Matoran Universe has ever seen? Well line up, because they’re recruiting.

You will play this game as a recent recruit / conscript to the Dark Hunters, but to make it to the big time, where the real adventure and treasure start flowing in, you will need to prove your worth. For the Dark Hunters, the recruitment process is like throwing a bunch of junk into energised protodermis: a lot will get destroyed or turn out useless, but with a bit of luck, they might just get something useful at the end of it.

You will be put through your paces with a rigorous testing and training regime to bring you up to speed before you get your most important chance to prove yourself to The Shadowed One. You will be sent on your first mission with a team of other new recruits codenamed Project Protodermis.

Your mission will be to retrieve the Makoki Stone from Metru Nui, where it is being held by Lhikan and the other Toa Mangai. The Shadowed One plans to split the stone into six pieces and auction off each one to the highest bidder. If you are successful, one half of the selling price will be split among the team, and each member will be presented with their own unique weapon as the final step in their initiation as a full Dark Hunter.

Game Info:

General:

This game will take place in the year 1,999 BGC, just after the Toa/Dark Hunter War ended, on the islands of Odina and Metru Nui.

After the first mission is completed, other missions may be given, depending on player interest and how long it takes to get to that point.

Locations:

The island of Odina is 55 kio long by 37.2 kio wide. For reference, that’s a bit bigger than Metru Nui both ways (47.6 kio by 24 kio).

ppom.png

• Most of the island is surrounded by steep cliffs, leading into a ring of mountains filled with rocky slopes and precipitous canyons. This makes entry very difficult and time-consuming, except by flight.
  • To the northwest of the island, the cliffs are replaced by a putrid swampy marshland where mangrove thickets block access by sea. There is a way through to the island’s only dock, but it is hidden and well guarded.
  • From the dock, a narrow path winds through an area where the mountains are lower and less treacherous. This provides the the main way through to the island’s interior
  • The southern half of the island is taken up by the Dark Hunter Fortress, a maze of living stone that rearranges itself at the Shadowed One’s whim. The sheer scale of the fortress dwarfs all others: it is larger than the entire islands of Destral and Daxia combined.
  • The city-sized stronghold isn’t just headquarters for the Dark Hunters, it holds everything. Factories, workshops, prisons, treasuries, command posts, training facilities, labs, storehouses, and quarters enough for every Dark Hunter and all of the enslaved Matoran who work on the island. Everything is carved from the massive, extinct volcano that once dominated the island.
  • Ringing the outside of the fortress are a number of smaller defence towers, each connected to the main structure by covered tunnels. Each of these towers is a semi-autonomous base in its own right, and they are often used as headquarters for various projects of the Dark Hunters. One such compound will house Project Protodermis.

ppcm2.png

The main features of the compound are (clockwise from top):

• The central tower, which is home to Nidhiki and a number of other Dark Hunters, but is off-limits to the trainees.
  • The obstacle courses, where the trainees will meet a number of challenges and hone their skills.
  • The barracks, where the trainees will live together, and spend time when they are not training.
  • The slave quarters, home to the Matoran who work in and maintain the compound.
  • The holding cells, used for rahi or troublesome recruits.
  • A tunnel connecting the central tower back to the main Dark Hunter fortress.
  • The combat arena
  • The armoury
  • The storehouse

Character Creation:

Name:

Codename:

Species:

Appearance:

Powers:

Backstory:

Tools:

Skills:

You can create your own custom character for this game, or make this game the backstory for how one of the canon hunters came to join (within reason).

Before play begins, each character will need to be approved by a GM. Characters that would break the game (like a Makuta) or whose presence would break the BIONICLE story (like a bohrok) will not be approved. Use your own common sense here.

Rules:

• Follow the forum rules
  • Play your best
  • Don’t be a jerk to other players
  • Follow the combat rules as outlined for the BZPRPG (Sections 3-5 and Common Sense)
Edited by GoSP
  • Upvote 4

ppg2.png

While I would normally have some reservations about your experience, seeing Lorax backing you largely alleviates them. Even if he weren't present the quality of this writeup would be a good indicator.

I would warn against referencing the BZPRPG rules. Not because of their quality but because they can be a pain to find. Especially when referenced by another game. I highly advise transcribing the relevant ones to your writeup, as not all may apply anyway.

Correct that minor issue, and approved x1.

fK5oqYf.jpg

The city-sized stronghold isn’t just headquarters for the Dark Hunters, it holds holds everything

That's roughly 100% too many holds. :P Other than that, everything checks out—and having Lorax does you zero discredit. (Good to see you back, btw!)

Project Protodermis: approved [x2]

Short, sweet, and to the point RPG. Solid co-GMing choice (good to see you back around, Lorax) and a fair amount of interest kicked up lately in the Planning topic over it. Looks good to me.

Project Protodermis approved x4, n8 the gr8 inbound

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

whoops i'm alive after all

Other than the fact you spelled "prove" as "proove" twice and it's boring into my cold-addled brain like a very determined mole, I don't see any major issues here.  It's definitely a shorter application and setting, but as long as you're willing to put in the work to help players flesh it out I have no objections.

Project Protodermis is good to go.

• 1 year later...

39869903614_541c637998_b.jpg

Welcome to the Island of Terra-Dra Home of adventure and danger. Amongst the peaceful grasslands, calm beaches, dense jungles and tall mountains matoran live side by side with giant, dangerous Rahi. Their survival depends on YOU the hunters. Grab your weapon, put on your mask, and get out there to defend civilization and blaze new trails into the wilds of Terra-Dra. Happy hunting!

The Island

Terra-Dra is a rough and harsh landscape with five areas. Planes-Dra, Beach-Dra, Jungle-Dra,  Mountain-Dra, and Sand-Dra. The Hunters Guild monitors the environments of each area closely, and travel into each area requires the Guild’s permission.

Planes-Dra(Easy)

These peaceful grasslands are dotted with large rocky outcroppings and Matoran Villages. This is the most setled of the regions because the soft rolling hills allow scouts to easily spot incoming threats. This is the perfect place for new hunters to test out their skills before moving onto more dangerous areas. This Region is also the location of the only city, Jagater, the location of Hunters Guild Headquarters.

Jagater is a small city, but it drastically outsizes any other village in Terra-Dra. It has many shops, restaurants, and hotels, but most important it features the Hunters Guild Headquarters. The guild headquarters is a large spire with multiple floors.

The first (ground floor) is home to the reception area. It features a large waiting room with desks for Hunter Licensing, Environmental reports, and so on. Dominating the center of the room is the Request board. On this board are requests for hunters assistance of all types. Anyone can post on the board if they are seeking assistance from a Hunter, and any Hunter can respond to a quest on the board. THis is the only floor open to the public.

The second floor is the social area only open for licensed hunters, featuring a cafeteria with discounted food, a gym area with various training equipment and dummies, and several reservable meeting rooms.

The third floor is a free Dormitory, open to all guild members.

The fourth floor is the grand hall, where the Guild holds meetings for all members.

The fifth floor is the private offices of the Guild masters. Only the Guild masters, and those on official Guild business are permitted on this floor.

Beach-Dra (Easy/Medium)

Where the grasslands meet the sea is Beach-Dra. Thisl area Is covered in rivers, lakes, and tidepools, with large patches of green palm trees and shrubbery. It is the perfect environment for amphibious Rahi, who come here from the ocean. Small fishing villages dot this area, and hunters are frequently called on to stem the wild rahi.

Jungle-Dra(Medium)

The South west side of Terra-Dra is covered in dense jungle, home to a great variety of Rahi, in incredible numbers! The ground is swampy and covered in all kinds of vegetation, while the trees are so huge that some Rahi Never have to touch the ground while moving from branch to branch. While expeditions frequently enter this area to gather various herbs, Jungle-Dra remains largely uninhabited.

Mountain-Dra (Hard)

Those who manage to make it through the forests of Jungle-Dra will find themselves blocked by the region of Mountain-Dra. This massive mountain range separates the Matoran from the northern portion of the island. No one has successfully crossed this region and lived to tell the tail. The rugged conditions of the mountains mean that only the fiercest Rahi live there.

One of the most prominent land features of this area is God’s Roost. This massive mountain stretches up to the heavens, high above the surrounding range, It’s edges are so steep so as to be nearly vertical. No one has ever reached its summit.

Sand-Dra (Hard)

Rumores abound of a vast desert, located just beyond the mountains. There are also rumors that the Hunters Guild may be arranging an expedition to go there.

The Hunters Guild

In a land filled with danger the Hunters Guild serves as a form of government. Their stated mission is to  “Protect, Preserve, and Study.” They dispatch trained hunters to protect civilians from monster attacks. They monitor the actions of all guild members actions and set rules and restrictions to prevent the Matorn from upsetting the delicate balance of nature. They also do extensive study into the flora and fauna of Terra-Dra in order to better understand the ecosystems and advance the Matoran’s standard of living. To enter the guild a Hunter merely has to pay a small fee, then take an interview to measure the applicant’s combat skills and values. It is recommended, but not necessary, to join the guild to be a hunter. The guild leaders are Najora, Guld captain, Paju, chief hunter, and Kumawa, chief ecologist.

Character Creation

The Matoran of Terra-Dra are different from those elsewhere. Living in such a dangerous environment has led them to adapt and gain new powers, making them more like Turaga than regular Matoran. Terra-Dra Matoran are slightly stronger and more durable than their regular counterparts. They have also gained two special abilities.They have developed the mental power to use knoble masks and have learned to tap into their elemental powers in a limited extent. To create a profile you must determine the following characteristics for your characters.

Name:

Element:

Affiliation:

Mask:

Elemental weapon:

Other equipment:

Appearance:

Personality/Biography:

Name:

Some hunters go by their given names, but others choose to use codenames.

The Matoran of Terra-Dra are not gender locked into their elements, so your character can be whatever gender you wish.

Element:

The Matoran of Terra-Dra come in a wide variety of elements. All cannon Matoran elements, except for light and shadow are fair game.

Affiliation:

Hunters have been known to form groups both big and small to help each other. The largest of these is the Hunters Guild. If your character is part of the Hunters Guild say so here. You may also list other player made groups/teams your character is affiliated with. (All members of the hunters guild must be approved by the GM, if you want your character to begin as part of the guild mark them as so here and I will approve/deny).

Mask:

Matoran of Terra-Dra have developed the mental capacity to use knoble masks, however, they are somewhat hard to come by and not everyone has one. Hunters may begin with only one knoble mask. Remember that Knoble masks are weaker versions of Great masks so Role Play accordingly.  (When reviewing profiles the GM may ask for clarification on what you expect your knoble masks limitations to be. It might be good to clarify that here. Only cannon masks are allowed.).

Elemental Weapon:

Through clever weaponsmithing the Matoran of Terra-Dra have developed a way to channel their elemental powers. An elemental weapon is a traditional weapon (sword, spear, battle axe) that matoran can channel their elemental power through in a specific manner. Each tool is designed to react with one element and produce one result. For example, a Ta-Matoran may have a sword that he can cover in fire, when on fire the sword leaves a trail of flame through the air. The sword cannot, however, be used to launch fire at a target (i.e. Flamethrower/fireball). (Please be as specific as you can, see GM NPC profiles for examples.)

Other Equipment:

A hunter with just a weapon often finds themselves underprepared. List any other Equipment/Items your character carries on his/her person. If you can’t think of anything you don’t have to put anything here.

Appearance:

A hunter's appearance can be very important, some wear protective armor, some use elaborate outfits to intimidate monsters, and some merely choose to follow the policy that less is more.

Personality/Biography:

What makes your character who they are? Where did they come from? Why are they a hunter? What is their favorite color? Fill this area with whatever information you desire to give your character background and depth.

Rules

NO GODMODDING-Basically this means doing stuff that you shouldn’t be able to do, fighting for hours without getting a scratch, summoning massive amounts of elemental energy, knowing information your character was never told, etc.

NO CONTROLLING OTHER PEOPLE'S CHARACTERS-this is only allowed if you have that person’s permission

TAKE THE GAME SERIOUSLY-This is a Fantasy/Sci-Fi world, but that doesn’t mean you can do whatever you want. Be realistic with what your characters do.

HAVE FUN-Don’t take the game TOO seriously. Have fun, or else!

If I find that you are breaking any of these rules I will warn you. If inappropriate behavior persists after you have been warned several times you may be punished in game(i.e. Having an animal bite your character’s leg off) or by having use of offending characters denied.

!!!URGENT QUEST!!!

The insectoid rahi known as Zeltar have recently been swarming in huge numbers. These hungry beasts normally inhabit the jungle. Recently they have moved to Planes-Dra and have been devouring farmers crops. We face a severe food shortage if they are not stopped.

Mission:  The guild wants all members to search for their nest and find out what has caused the Zeltar’s recent migration. Seeing as this is a state of emergency, authorization has been given to slay any Rahi that may be connected with this problem.

Questions/comments are greatly apreciated!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Six Kingdoms: Escapement

Pitch: 

Players have three months (January 2020 through March 2020) to find the six great discs for Turaga Dume in exchange for toa powers, uncover the secrets of Metru-Nui, and fight for or against the League of Six Kingdoms in two diverse locations to conquer or protect the island of Metru-Nui.

Goal: 

GET THE WRITING FLOWING! This game is about letting loose a little, snapping each other with wet towels, using often perma-banned elemental powers, and having someone play a pizza delivery character on a hover-bike who probably ends up saving the universe. I hope we all can tell a strong narrative together over the course of three months.

Synopsis:

Metru-Nui is under threat from the League of Six Kingdoms and the brave Toa Mangia have been imprisoned after their betrayal alongside Lhikan. Turaga Dume searches for new toa, offering to award the power of toa to those lucky six who can retrieve the legendary great discs from each metru. While the race for power begins across Metru-Nui, a war of intrigue and diplomacy brews as the great Barraki warlords gather their forces for a final assault after years of proxy wars with the last bastion of matoran civilization. The Dark Hunters mercenary group led by the Shadowed One pit brother against sister for profit. The Great Spirit remains distant and uncommunicative save with their servants in the little known Order of Mata-Nui.

TLDR: Fight for or against the armies of the six barraki warlords, assassinate POIs as member of the Dark Hunters with weekly posted bounties, search for the hidden great discs to gain toa powers, and try to uncover what dark secrets exist in the political web of Metru-Nui.

Playable Locations In A Single IC Topic:

• Metru-Nui: all six metrus in their golden age, chute system and all, now stricken by the hardships of a prolonged war effort against the league of six kingdoms to the South. Somewhere in each metru is a legendary disc. Find it, and you can be rewarded with toa powers by Turaga Dume!
  • Silver Sea: the protodermis ocean dotted with nameless islands is the theater of conflict between Metru-Nui's forces and the League's combined armies. Outstations on these islands are in constant flux between the League of Six and Metru-Nui.

Rules of Play And Character Creation: 

Please see the general rules, common sense guide, and BZPRPG rules of play. We will abide by those unless otherwise stated here. Post your character profile in the “Character Profiles” topic for the game. Please await an approval post from the GM before joining the story.

The “No” of Character Creation:

• Characters must be approved in the Character Profiles topic before playing. This is to provide a fair narrative storytelling environment in a game with an elevated power ceiling.
  • Legendary kanohi are banned.
  • The Order of Mata-Nui is a secretive society known to very few. To join the faction, find a recruiter and roleplay the rites of passage discovered in-game. You cannot start your character in the Order of Mata-Nui.
  • Nova blasts are banned, unless you PM the GM and explain why it’s absolutely necessary for plot reasons to blow up your character and they say yes.

The “Yes” of Character Creation:

• All canon bionicle species are playable. Custom species from the BZPRPG that were approved are also available without need for further re-approval. New custom species need approval of the GM before playing. 
  • Kanohi are not moral or immoral in this alternate universe. They are tools. Some tools are more feared than others based on famous users.
  • All elements are available for play. Think about how your character’s element would be viewed by those around them.
  • All beings are lightly resistant to psionic powers. Attempts to use psionic powers requires player consent in the same way as landing any elemental power. Dasaka are just matoran, toa, and turaga of psionics again. If you want to keep the powers as specified in BZPRPG, you certainly may.
  • Metru-Nui is more technologically advanced than Mata-Nui. Player characters may have a personal vehicle, and any amount of technological items that fit the character narratively.
  • Please make sure to address any character approval questions from the GM promptly before continuing play with the character question.

There is an elevated power level in this RPG when compared to the main BZPRPG, but it is not final season fighting anime where blocks or cities are being demolished with a single punch. Remember, your characters are part of a collectively told narrative and no one has plot armor. This is an altered league of six kingdoms era in Bionicle lore. Please remember this is a team game. We are all telling a story. What do you want your characters to contribute to that story? There will be an IC forum thread, an OOC discussion thread, and a character profile thread. Please post character profiles in the character profiles thread and tag me in them for a quick approval!

Character Profile template:

• Name: if a matoran, have they passed the rite of naming day
  • Species: canon or approved custom
  • Faction: Metru-Nui, League of Six, Dark Hunter, etc.
  • Brief Description: what’s their everyday or current appearance
  • Background/Occupation: what do they do, where did they come from
  • Flaws: character traits that hold them back, or where they break
  • Powers: stick to canon for what your character’s species can and cannot do
Edited by Unreliable Narrator
Updated in response to Tyler's feeback
  • Upvote 4

Happy chat.

A little more barebones than what I would normally allow through, but history has shown that sort of thing can work. Considering the community as it stands and the intent I've seen behind it, I'm willing to give you a shot.

x1

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

Wanting me back without my trademark judging nitpicks is a bold choice. Come in heavy or not at all, ○○○○○○-kun.

This looks kinda fun for the most part, a nice little small-scale throwback where you just take players and plop them into Metru Nui and have at it. But there's clear ambition in here that I think some of my more brainlet colleagues (<3) aren't really recognizing here. So:

-The "until March 2020" is a pretty big tell for me; without giving much plot away if possible, what is the scope of this universe? I know you specify everything will be in a single topic, but with a big island-sized locale it already gets hard enough to see just how people are moving in a single location with a lot of variety in it. I know it's one of the big problems we've run into when hypothetically discussing how we'd downsize the Mata Nui topics in the BZPRPG.

-Speaking of the BZPRPG, I notice that you slipped in a "if it flies in the BZPRPG canon you can submit it here," which is...certainly a can of worms. The Lesterin are easy to name as a reference point, but there's been much weirder in the BZPRPG that you're opening the floodgates to. You're talking about Valkyr, Mystix, the rock-eaters (Uyism's species?) in Onu-Wahi, or even the Dasaka, who aren't really a separate race at all but people have assumed they were for years. Just like "read the BZPRPG rules," "use a BZPRPG species" is a levee that I can foresee breaking if you wind up with some chucklenuts player who, I dunno, wants to submit a living, breathing ghost as a character or something nuts. Unless your "custom species" doctrine applies to those aforementioned BZPRPG lore species, in which case, that should be specified in rules. 

-The Order of Mata Nui selection process. Is it mandatory for all characters? Are they being drafted into this by GM fiat? Because if someone doesn't want to run the chance of being an OoMN agent when that wasn't in the cards, then they might otherwise make different character decisions when drafting profiles up. If it is optional, I would suggest just a brief (Y/N) field in the profile before you throw them into the RNG.

-Character approval by PM instead of hashing things out in the open is a mistake. Sure, you run the risk of running into The Discourse between players and GMs, but as a survivor of multiple tours of duty fighting IcarusBen and Ghidora, you're going to run into a lot of problems by handling approval in PM. On top of that, having them posted in the OOC topic in the first place, then going to PM, then posting again to let everyone know you approved them (which is a necessity so everyone knows a player isn't jumping the gun and posting) is just a series of extra hurdles for yourself as a GM.

-You didn't put any colons in the profile form. It bothers me.

Fix these things or be ground beneath my heel.

-Tyler

• Like 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Still think you'll have to do the work on your own to compile a list of custom species that are considered fair game in the BZPRPG, but if you want to put that load on yourself, go for it. The Order of Mata Nui thing could also be returned to just "hey submit me for consideration and roll the dice" like, say, Dasakan males in the BZPRPG, but if that's the fix you like then again, not gonna stop you.

This looks rad now. Approved x2.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Like 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Shakes the dust off. Right, I work here.

Honestly, no complaints; looks pretty solid for what you're going for and that's really all anyone can ask. Only thing I'll point out is a nitpick technical note that there's inconsistency with where and how you're capitalizing BIONICLE Words/Terms (Toa, Barraki, Great Disks, etc.) Not enough to make me say "no," but I would just clean it up a bit when you post it. =)

Anyway, approved x3.

Now please excuse me while I go back into my corner for another record-setting layer of dust.

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Looks fine to me.  Given the overall rate of activity here, I'm not exactly going to err on the side of "fewer RPGs".  So knock yourself out; Approved to start whenever.

Edited by GSR
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all! I forgot to post in here earlier, but I am requesting approval to extend Six Kingdoms: Escapement into its next game.

The game will run 6 months, it will need at least three topics (ooc, characters, ic), and will build off the previous story in SKE. SKE achieved almost 60 pages of content in less than three months, breaking a huge hole through the roof of my expectations of player engagement. To assist in GMing and planning I am bringing in Vezok's Friend, who has agreed whole heartedly to run the game with me (and also draw memes it seems).

Thanks!

Happy chat.