BIONICLE Confirmed for 2015

You're right, maybe it's not confirmed. But I don't think they would do a reboot without some tie to the past storyline. A golden Kanohi mask wasn't introduced until 2003 (and this is in no way the Avohkii) and before that the conflict was all about the creatures of the island. It wouldn't make any sense to fully rewrite the story and only keep the six Toa the same. I think that a continuation is more likely here.

There have been gold masks since day one.

Also, reboot =/= remake. There's no reason why a reboot would have to hit the same notes as the original, it would kind of defeat the point of rebooting. You don't consider Batman Begins to be a remake of the Adam West movie, do you?

Hm. That makes sense then. I never knew a reboot was a complete rewrite of a story.

All options are still open. But I really hope it's a continuation, there's nothing to be rebooted in my opinion.

wnimDt6.jpg

EXztX3v.jpg

I freakin' exploded when I saw this. Unlike when I saw the news back in 2010 that Bionicle was ending, excitement is overthrowing me now and I feel joy inside me!! :D

Looks like a crown of a tyrant king or something.

I also think it looks like Vultraz with Kini Nui on his head. (someone please photoshop that)

Close enough? c:

e5d61ff586.png

Long live King Vultraz.

• Upvote 5

wnimDt6.jpg

EXztX3v.jpg

That mask certainly looks a lot better than the one in the leaked coloured picture.

I'll be a happy man when/if* Bionicle comes back. Not that I will buy any of the sets, but because a whole new generation of kids are going to have awesome time with it.

*Yes, I take everything unofficial with a grain of salt. Bionicle or not.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

...so can we finally discuss what's been under our noses the whole time? Since July when we got those leaked pics, I'm sure a lot of people have been dying to discuss. hopefully we can now :P looks like TTV was right the whole time! :)

It was stated before that those leaked images (not by TTV, by the way - It was another source, a single person) are still counted as "leaked" and thus are unofficial. Even this new image doesn't change that, so I guess you have to wait until it's officially confirmed or displayed by Lego.

Edited by Vorred

wnimDt6.jpg

EXztX3v.jpg

funny thing is when i saw this i was like "about time" i thought when bioncile 2015 was confirmed i would be going crazy with joy. I guess after those original leakes i pretty much new it was comming so this isnt such a big deal.

Oh well with that being said this is the best news ive heard in 4 years 

:D

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

Wow so bionicle is really returning. I won't be buying any sets since I'm too old but the is exciting.

HERESY!

Actually, I think most people reach some point when they're "too old" for buying sets, but you just come back to it in a few years and pay too much making up for the missed sets  :P

• Upvote 1
7. Putting all five Piraka in one tank seems like a dangerous idea. What if they start killing each other?

7) Who cares? They're creeps anyway.

-GregF

Wow so bionicle is really returning. I won't be buying any sets since I'm too old but the is exciting.

Wut?

I'm older than you (if you're not lying about your age) and I'm still gonna buy a few of the new sets. Heck, I bet there's people twice our age who will flock to the nearest store to purchase a few.

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Whether or not I buy sets will depend on the building system.  If the new sets use the HF system I'll probably only get three or four (or six...), but if it is something different, I'll probably get quite a few.  Either way, I hope the comics come back with it.

Wyrd byð swyðost

I really need to be more active

Wut?

I'm older than you (if you're not lying about your age) and I'm still gonna buy a few of the new sets. Heck, I bet there's people twice our age who will flock to the nearest store to purchase a few.

I couldn't agree more. You are never to old to like or appreciate "childish" things.

On topic, I am excited for BIONICLE's return! I haven't read others speculation on what the mask is but I can bet it's going to be the macguffin that everyone is after.

• Upvote 5

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

...so can we finally discuss what's been under our noses the whole time? Since July when we got those leaked pics, I'm sure a lot of people have been dying to discuss. hopefully we can now :P looks like TTV was right the whole time! :)

It was stated before that those leaked images (not by TTV, by the way - It was another source, a single person) are still counted as "leaked" and thus are unofficial. Even this new image doesn't change that, so I guess you have to wait until it's officially confirmed or displayed by Lego.

Yes, but correct me if I'm wrong, I remember the leaker "dubbed highly suspect by TTV" shared the info with TTV, correct? Like they were the first others to know, right?

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Whoa wait hold on we're really doing this?  This soon? o_o Not that I'm displeased, just very surprised.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

LEGO HAS LISTENED TO THEIR FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

%$&@ YEAH!!!

Speculation: Kanohi Ignika.

I mean, what other Kanohi could it be?

Its obviously going to a major plot thing, or it looks like its going to be, and the only golden legendary kanohi that I know of that could be a cazy Crash Bandicoot/Inca style shape and worth fighting over would be the Ignika (since it changes shape and all).

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Remember when they shut down the old websites and I said they might be making rooms for a new Bionicle website, and then everyone told me I was crazy?

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, HUH? ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, SO WE CAN RIDE THE HYPE TO PLANET HYPE AND THEN GET HYPED SO MUCH THAT WE ALL HYPE INTO A MASSIVE PILE OF RADIOACTIVE HYPE!!!!1!!!1!!!!

:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

I can't say that I'm surprised, and this doesn't make me that much more excited since I had full confidence in the leaks, but I suppose the right word is relieved. Now we all can agree upon the fact that it's coming back, without any skepticism. 

BTW, great find, Gatanui! :)

Edited by XONAR
  • Upvote 1
Bliss.png

There is only one gif good enough to describe my feelings about this right now:

http://i.imgur.com/7drHiqr.gif

Also, the title of this topic reminds me of "HOENN CONFIRMED!" which this thing is kind of similar to actually.

-TNTOS-

Edit: Please link to images over 750 kB.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

LEGO HAS LISTENED TO THEIR FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

%$&@ YEAH!!!

Speculation: Kanohi Ignika.

I mean, what other Kanohi could it be?

Its obviously going to a major plot thing, or it looks like its going to be, and the only golden legendary kanohi that I know of that could be a cazy Crash Bandicoot/Inca style shape and worth fighting over would be the Ignika (since it changes shape and all).

It feels way too soon to be going right back to the Ignika. Bionicle has only been gone for 4 years. Not counting older, devoted fans, there will still be some crossover in the younger fanbase who would be thinking "they're going after the Mask of Life again?"

I'm still banking on a soft reboot with a brand new story borrowing old characters. It'll make getting into the franchise easy for new kids, and won't feel completely jarring for existing fans (I assume Lego wants to keep their old fans while bringing in new ones at the same time). I'm thinking this is a new mask, with no backstory for people to catch up on. Make it fresh and new for everyone.

• Upvote 1
7. Putting all five Piraka in one tank seems like a dangerous idea. What if they start killing each other?

7) Who cares? They're creeps anyway.

-GregF

It's time for the benkels to return, I see.

I predict it'll involve so much needless additions to the story in its later years unless they've learnt from the original. I also predict people will suddenly stop disliking 06-10 and get all nostalgic about them seeing as the story of this will take the place as the cool 'new' thing to dislike. Happens with lots of things.

I and my recently-reassembled Toa Mata will not be joining that group; the old and new shall stand side-by-side next year, finances willing.

As for the new mask itself, it must be of some significance to be the one chosen for BIONICLE's theme icon. Off the top of my head, I can think of a few ideas for what it might be.

1. A combined form of six Kanohi. Perhaps if this is a reboot we'll see the combined Golden Kanohi have an appearance completely different from their composite masks?

2. A powerful plot-device mask, akin to the Vahi or Ignika.

3. The mask of a titan-sized figure. It could be Makuta, Takanuva, Arthaka, anyone at all. It doesn't look similar to the original Toa Mata Kanohi, and since old metallic coloured Kanohi were often reserved for larger kits, I doubt it's for a smaller set.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

How bad is it that I literally screamed when I saw this?

My wallet is really going to hate me in a few months though... Dx

turahk-1.png

"I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones.

But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole.

And the darkness cannot stand before me." -Kopaka

Yes, but correct me if I'm wrong, I remember the leaker "dubbed highly suspect by TTV" shared the info with TTV, correct? Like they were the first others to know, right?

No. The leak was spread through facebook originally.

• Upvote 2

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

BONKLES ARE BACK.

The hype train has reached its zenith. The station is in sight. Get your tickets ready, my brothers and sisters, because they will soon be punched.

"Too old?" What are you even saying. I'm a freshman in college and I buy toys.

• Upvote 3