BIONICLE Confirmed for 2015

I wonder if they will make new videos with MNOG style, speaking of the above.

Ehhh, as nice as that would be it's highly unlikely. Any animations they have for it would probably be CGI.

Yeah, I doubt kids would still be excited about 2D-Flash stuff. They're too used to CGI 3D stuff. The Piraka Flash animations looked wildly different from Templar's stuff, for example.

• Upvote 1

Ehhh, as nice as that would be it's highly unlikely. Any animations they have for it would probably be CGI.

Yeah, I doubt kids would still be excited about 2D-Flash stuff. They're too used to CGI 3D stuff. The Piraka Flash animations looked wildly different from Templar's stuff, for example.

Only thing that bugged me about the Piraka animations is Hewkii's colours being wrong. :v

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Only thing that bugged me about the Piraka animations is Hewkii's colours being wrong. :v

I recall looking at the screen in confusion after choosing Hewkii in the VNOG and having the "Special Toa Earth" attack.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Hewkii's colours in the Piraka animations are more accurate to the original Matoran set, tho... I found that nice.

We went the ENTIRE line without one before, we don't need one now.

@Solo, I hope they run both.

I really don't get why you're so vehemently opposed to the idea. Labels are a useful tool and even if you don't see the point of them I don't see why you'd care about other people adopting one.

I do admit, though, that every suggestion so far has been pretty poor. Why not an acronym, like AFOL? That's a label of sorts but it's also a completely honest and informative description—AFOLs are adults and they are Lego fans and there's no more to it than that. Can't think of a good acronym, though... FOB (Fan of Bionicle) is the catchiest I could come up with, but it's identical to a racial (or rather, cultural) slur, so that's a no-go.

How about BFOL? Bionicle Fan of Lego?

While it wouldn't represent the Bionicle fanbase 100% (I still remember my days of thinking of Lego as "the company that produced Bionicle"), I would be more than happy to accept the title now, as I think more than a few people here would be.

Although BF commonly stands for Best Friend, so the acronym could be misinterpreted, but at least it would be in a good way. :shrugs: 

Gramblebupkis

As it's getting towards Halloween, might I propose "bonesicles".

No.

Nah. I'd think that Lego, or whoever studio they contract, would probably do more modern CGI. The only reason I see to do it MNOG-style is to please old nostalgic fans, and that's not who a return will be aimed at. 

• Upvote 1

I'd stick with Chroniclers.  It's a good reference, it's self-descriptive, it doesn't sound ridiculously cheesy...  :P

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I just don't see the need to try and force a fandom name, especially considering the fandom is 14 years old and has lasted that long without one.

EDIT: If you must have one though, how about Bionicult? :v

Thought for a sec you said "Bioniscuit". Like, a Bionicle biscuit.

I thimk that the thread is kind of spiraling out of control, and even if folks do find a good name it's unlikely to catch on. If people still want to discuss that, perhaps someone should start a new topic to discuss potential Bionicle fan names? Just a thought.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Nah. I'd think that Lego, or whoever studio they contract, would probably do more modern CGI. The only reason I see to do it MNOG-style is to please old nostalgic fans, and that's not who a return will be aimed at.

I honestly wouldn't be so sure about that, honestly. I don't know if we can expect the exact style used in the Mata Nui Online Game, but Flash-based animation isn't entirely out of fashion. A number of Hasbro's shows current shows are Flash-based.
  • Upvote 2

At the very least, I hope we get a game in the save vein as the MNOLG, if not necessarily Flash animation.  It'd be wonderful to have the chance to interact with the new setting just like the old one, get to know the new characters firsthand.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I thimk that the thread is kind of spiraling out of control, and even if folks do find a good name it's unlikely to catch on. If people still want to discuss that, perhaps someone should start a new topic to discuss potential Bionicle fan names? Just a thought.

Here:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/14566-bionicle-fandom-name/#entry733391

I officially support a Bionicle Fandom name.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

At the very least, I hope we get a game in the save vein as the MNOLG, if not necessarily Flash animation.  It'd be wonderful to have the chance to interact with the new setting just like the old one, get to know the new characters firsthand.

3D MNOG.

... once I get over the Vegemite Effect I might like that. Assuming it's engaging on its own. But I see "MNOG" and immediately think of that 2D animation, so it'll probably take a second playthrough before I expect a 2015 MNOG to be what it is, and before that I'm liable to complain that it's not what I was expecting and therefore it sucks.

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Let me rephrase myself: 3D MNOG-ish game. Same concept, different storyline.

Yeah, that's what I read you as meaning. It'll still look different, and therefore probably feel different. Probably. It's hard to say until it comes out and is playable, if it ever happens.

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Or we could call all of us from Bionicke's first iterations "turaga", and the new guys either "matoran" or "foolish matoran."

(Seriously, you are using "vehemently" wrong. They were not acting like they were "vehemently" against a name, just that they didn't feel like we needed one, or that they personally don't want to be associated with a certain fan stereotype whenever they say they are a fan of _____."

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now

Or we could call all of us from Bionicke's first iterations "turaga", and the new guys either "matoran" or "foolish matoran."

Oooooooooooh. Perhaps I shall!

... I appear to not have received the memo on how to be annoyingly cryptic and vague. Oops?

Suggestions for fandom names:

Chroniclers

Doo-Heads

Bone Heads

Order of Mata Nui

Tohunga (if we could legally get away with that)

Great Beings

Bonklers

Fandom Nui (or Nui Fans or some other iteration)

And my personal favorite silly one would be: Canister Cases (play on words of bucket case)

Edited by The Legendary TNT
  • Upvote 2

new_sig_legacy_2.png

ARE YOU READY FOR A MIRACLE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

[video snipped]

While I was greatly saddened by Matoro's death, bringing him back -- except maybe in a reboot -- would cheapen his sacrifice.

... Okay, bringing him "back", in a reboot where Bionicle Classic's storyline never happened and therefore there's no sacrifice to be cheapened, would be liable to make oldbies cry and newbies be baffled as to why the old fans are sniffling. So I think I'd be okay with it.

HUZZAH. The Lord of All Things has returned.

Also:

If anyone's interested, here's the mouseover animation for this product page image. Nothing all that special, but figured some people might be interested.

That's odd. I kind of figured from the picture that the electric spiral would go all swirly or something. *shrug*

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

I think we all know which video is most appropriate for this situation.

Very much pleased to hear this news; let's hope Lego takes the opportunity to tell us more at some point in the near future (assuming they don't pull the image from their servers entirely within the next few days). To be honest I'd be interested to see either a continuation or a reboot, though I'll second the comments about a set of collectibles for the brand.

"When in doubt, smash everything and hope you're somewhere else when it all goes boom."

I didn't think there was much doubt at this point. My one concern, however, is that this new line will be "Bionicle Lite," stripped of most, if not all, of the more cerebral qualities the original plot had. Worst-case scenario, it ends up being Chima Factory: Chi Planet with the name "BIONICLE" tacked onto it. We won't know for sure until it actually drops, but given LEGO's current trend towards lighter, more commercial-driven franchises, I'm not holding my breath.

I think the song happy isn't the only song that applies to us Turaga. After all, everything is awesome!

(I will refer to myself as a Turaga- it is my favorite choice for a fandom name. Kohlii Head is a derogatory term, after all.)

Edited by RahkshiToa88

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I think the song happy isn't the only song that applies to us Turaga. After all, everything is awesome!

(I will refer to myself as a Turaga- it is my favorite choice for a fandom name. Kohlii Head is a derogatory term, after all.)

Not derogatory. Self-deprecating. Kolhii Head acknowledges that we're a little crazy about the brand we love. In comparison, Turaga sounds awfully high-minded. Besides, if you were just going to pick a name like that I think Matoran would make more sense and better account for the diversity of age and experience within the fandom.

By the way, there's a topic for the fandom name discussion now. Don't know if you knew but I thought I'd share it for the benefit of future posters.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Fandom names are honestly unneeded. There is no need to associate a toyline with a rabid and crazy fandom. Look at Doctor Who, Sherlock, Supernatural, etc. While they are more mature shows their fandom is not made up of sane people. 

Not to mention they're lame and cringey.

You all realize this is just like coming up with a "cool" nickname for yourself, right? Anyone remember when Charlie Brown named himself "Flash" and everyone laughed at him?

God forbid we get put on the same level as... Bronies ((shudder)).

• Upvote 1
7. Putting all five Piraka in one tank seems like a dangerous idea. What if they start killing each other?

7) Who cares? They're creeps anyway.

-GregF

Fandom names are honestly unneeded. There is no need to associate a toyline with a rabid and crazy fandom. Look at Doctor Who, Sherlock, Supernatural, etc. While they are more mature shows their fandom is not made up of sane people.

Not to mention they're lame and cringey.

You all realize this is just like coming up with a "cool" nickname for yourself, right? Anyone remember when Charlie Brown named himself "Flash" and everyone laughed at him?

God forbid we get put on the same level as... Bronies ((shudder)).

I'm already on the same level as bronies, because I AM a brony. And an AFOL. And I have plenty of Whovians in my family. You might want to turn your arrogance down a notch, because people who choose to identify by a fandom name are usually completely sane and have perfectly legitimate reasons for doing so. By acting like a self-righteous snob you're already lowering yourself far more than anybody ever did simply by adopting a fandom name.

• Upvote 11

Let's calm down here. First off, no one should be calling each other names or insulting each other. Second, while a little digression is okay, this topic is still about the return of Bionicle, not what fans should call themselves.

And for the record, people should be able to pick whatever name they want or choose not to use any particular label.

• Upvote 8