BIONICLE Confirmed for 2015

Yeah, I hope they have some way of connecting to old heads/old Kanohi connecting to new heads.

I'd love it if the new heads still have those mouths so you can connect the old masks to them.

If we're switching to the side-connector style, I doubt there'll be a way for the new masks to connect to the old ones though.

Yeah, I hope they have some way of connecting to old heads/old Kanohi connecting to new heads.

I'd love it if the new heads still have those mouths so you can connect the old masks to them.

If we're switching to the side-connector style, I doubt there'll be a way for the new masks to connect to the old ones though.

If it attaches like I think, it should be able to at least attach to Brain Attack or maybe even Glatorian heads. Those prongs seem like they'd rest nicely in the Technic holes in the sides of those heads.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Prepare, because this is going to be a long text...

At last, our prayers have been heard. It has been a long road, five years of journey without BIONICLE. We have pleaded, we have resisted, we have made ourselves strong in this site, waiting and demanding the return of BIONICLE. And at last, we have won. Victory is ours. It is back.

When I saw the news ten seconds ago on the main page I suddently felt like I was 6 years old again. I felt like I too wanted to go wherever the new BIONICLE will be set. I felt like I had discovered that mask while digging for treasures. I felt like my childhood was back.

Now; prepare. BZPower is going to be like the old days, back when I browsed around this site without knowing how to make an account (ah, the inexperience of childhood...). We are going to have a trunami of new fans. This is going to be great.

You see, BIONICLE was not part of my childhood. It WAS my childhood. And it has formed me as I am today. I like to say that my personal philosophy was created by the samurai and by Greg Farsthey. Bionicle taught me a lot of things about life. And I feel happy to know that more generations of kids will learn as much as I have from Bionicle. It makes the future look better.

And, by the way, the same way as when I suddently entered BIONICLE.com in 2011 and saw that there was nothing new, and learnt that it was cancelled, was one of the saddest days of my life, this one is one of the happiest. And I even saw the news while listening to Nessun Dorma. The moment could not be more epic.

Wait, we know it's the Mask of Creation?

Yup. Says so in plain English in the announcement.

Oh, heh, haven't gone to the BZP home page in like half an hour...

And I didn't know LEGO was going to post on their Facebook page, either. :/

Edit:

Well, well, well. Mask of Creation, eh? Can't wait.

Also, their Facebook page says they joined July tenth of this year... How did we not notice? Or maybe they just had it invisible until now, or something.

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

So now that we know it's the mask of creation, I want to know what the heck happened to Artakha.

If it is a continuation, that is...

Wasn't Velika planning to knock off Artakha and a bunch of other guys on Bara Magna?

EDIT: Should've already said this, but holy word-I-can't-say-on-this-forum I am hyped right now. As in, my hands are honest-to-Mata Nui shaking right now with excitement. I don't think sleep's going to find me until tomorrow night at the soonest now.

Edited by Kathaarian

"You know, there's something to be said for the simplicity of an axe and a couple nudges with the barrel of a Cordak as a way of getting others to cooperate." - Some Skakdi I just made up to say that quote

Gathered friends, listen again to our legend... of the BIONICLE.

The Mask of Creation looks great, I love the aesthetic.

How long before we start to decipher the runes upon the mask and on the base?

- Roki

EDIT: Looking closely, the runes appear to be the same language as or runes very that are very similar to the the nuva symbols.

EDIT 2: Just remembered that the Nuva symbols were created by Artakha so it does look like they are looking at paying at least some tribute to existing lore.

Edited by Roki
sigflower4.png

Gathered friends, listen again to our legend... of the BIONICLE.

The Mask of Creation looks great, I love the aesthetic.

How long before we start to decipher the runes upon the mask and on the base?

- Roki

I don't know if they're meant to be deciphered. They could only be meant to suggest meaning, but lack any decipherable language or code altogether.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That looks like an evil villain mask to me. King Velika must have commissioned a good one. :P

EDIT: Wait a minute, is there writing in the background of that thing? Might not be a Mask of Creation (the description we got in RoS was way different), but it might be a powerful mask of conjuring...

Mask of Creation? I hope.

Is that mask floating around in space?

Looks ineteresting for sure. Kinda fits the description of the mask of creation we've been given.

The "official facebook page" says it's the Mask of Creation, so... y'know... for what it's worth.

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

Here's the phonetics and a rough guess for the whispers:

ha tarrrr atarrrroo nemene halvieo

Artahka... Artahka you... we know you...

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Thats lazyness if you ask me.

Any designer should be willing to the challange to make something great out of that.

Out of a mask that's ostensibly supposed to integrate designs from every culture in the universe? Sounds to me like that would inevitably result in one thing: clutter. The real mask, no matter what it's supposed to be, looks way more cohesive than the chaotic mess that would inevitably result from trying to faithfully adhere to that grandiose description. A description like that is the very definition of the phrase "easier said than done". It doesn't take any substantial creative effort to SAY something that sounds so ambitious, but it would take a ludicrous amount of creative effort to actually depict it faithfully. It's like writing about a language that looks like a combination of every other language in the world and then calling an illustrator or designer "lazy" because they can't meet your impossible demands and know better than to try.

Well, the Matoran Universe is not the massive expanse we have with our own, so saying "every culture in the universe" with them is like saying... well... maybe not much more than 6 different cultures (could be more, I suppose Electricity and Sonics can have a pretty flamboyant culture).

They did add the runes on the mask though (spotted now with the bigger image).

That I must say is a very nice touch.

(Speaking of clutter; Karzahni's mask, anyone?)

Edited by Tattorack

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

BIONICLE HYPE TRAIN GOT NO BRAKES!!!!! CHOO CHOO!!!!

always wanted to loud shout that

I feel totally justified in flipping out right now, I mean common guys! ITS BACK

Whether they ruin it or not kids can have re adventure that we had as kids, and you know what? I'm gunna relieve it too!

Good job Bionicle fans, we stuck through, and boy have we been rewarded!

Toa of Anarchy #BIONICLE2015

• Upvote 1
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

BIONICLE HYPE TRAIN GOT NO BRAKES!!!!! CHOO CHOO!!!!

always wanted to loud shout that

I feel totally justified in flipping out right now, I mean common guys! ITS BACK

Whether they ruin it or not kids can have re adventure that we had as kids, and you know what? I'm gunna relieve it too!

Good job Bionicle fans, we stuck through, and boy have we been rewarded!

Toa of Anarchy #BIONICLE2015

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik49aju9fSk

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

I'm really excited that Bionicle is finally returning. Whether I pick up the new sets really depends on how they look, but the fact that something that impacted my childhood so heavily is coming back to influence another generation of kids is really exciting. I had pretty much given up hope on ever seeing Bionicle ever show up again before I saw the tweet.

• Upvote 1

“Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can’t get it wrong.” - Unknown

"You can get her all the chocolates and roses you want, but a woman will never forget her first wheel of cheese." - Puff