BIONICLE Confirmed for 2015

That looks like an evil villain mask to me. King Velika must have commissioned a good one. :P

EDIT: Wait a minute, is there writing in the background of that thing? Might not be a Mask of Creation (the description we got in RoS was way different), but it might be a powerful mask of conjuring...

I would keep in mind we have seen Kanohi change shape in the past, if this is a Kanohi that has appeared before, I wouldn't be surprised if they modified it somehow in the story to match the kind of mask they wanted to use for promotional purposes.

True. IMO it looks far too evil to be the MoC though. That mouth is concealed by the swirling energy, but the outline of it looks horribly vicious. Artahka's not a monster. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like a crown of a tyrant king or something.

I also think it looks like Vultraz with Kini Nui on his head. (someone please photoshop that)

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Well, it looks like I can't doubt that Bionicle returning next year anymore. :P

Anyway, I'm really excited for this! Bionicle had one of my favorite storylines growing up, and I can't wait to see what the story will be this go around. I kind of prefer a reboot over a continuation, but I'll take either one.

Also, that mask looks awesome! B-)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

That looks like an evil villain mask to me. King Velika must have commissioned a good one. :P

EDIT: Wait a minute, is there writing in the background of that thing? Might not be a Mask of Creation (the description we got in RoS was way different), but it might be a powerful mask of conjuring...

I would keep in mind we have seen Kanohi change shape in the past, if this is a Kanohi that has appeared before, I wouldn't be surprised if they modified it somehow in the story to match the kind of mask they wanted to use for promotional purposes.

True. IMO it looks far too evil to be the MoC though. That mouth is concealed by the swirling energy, but the outline of it looks horribly vicious. Artahka's not a monster.

The mask could always change hands? :P We know so little at the moment which is so exciting!

• Upvote 1
photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

All hail Queen Breez.

lol ^

Is that mask floating around in space?

Looks ineteresting for sure. Kinda fits the description of the mask of creation we've been given.

I agree with this, although that really only works if they continue from the old story, which I hope they do.

^

Wyrd byð swyðost

I really need to be more active

Seems to confirm it isn't going to be a reboot. This mask is different from aynthing we saw before!

So what could this mask possibly be? Some have guessed the Mask of Creation... but that one belongs to Artakha, right? Why would he part with it?

I' also very interested to see how this will tie up the loose ends of Greg's continuation stories. When the Toa Mata return that must also mean that Pohatu and Kopaka get down from that red star...

It's only a matter of time until the official release... or until Lego takes this one down as well :D

I also like "Queen Breeze". What a fitting name.

wnimDt6.jpg

EXztX3v.jpg

Allow me to post a quote: "The mask was the most ornate anyone had ever seen-  more than just a Kanohi, it was a true work of art. The metallic Protodermis from which it was forged was arranged in intricate patterns and designs, each reflecting one of the many cultures that flourished the universe. The eye slits were angular and pointed, giving him an air of both wisdom and a vague sense of menace." ~description of the Mask of Creation.

Yep, that pretty much fits the picture.

• Upvote 4

:pakari:  :m_o:  :c:  :u:  :l:  :u:  :s:  :n:  :u:  :v:  :a:  :pakari:

"Toa of Magnetism and Sarcasm"

Now seems like a good time to stop being a lurker.

Ah, so excited for this. I was convinced before, but having something undeniable like this coming from Lego.com is very nice to have. Only way it could be better is if we had an official announcement. All in good time...

Looks like I'll be putting aside some of my curd gaem money for 2015. Can't wait!

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

Seems to confirm it isn't going to be a reboot. This mask is different from aynthing we saw before!

How does that confirm anything of the sort? Rebooting the series wouldn't mean automatically rejecting any new ideas or designs. A reboot could take the series in whatever direction the writers want it to, which includes the possibility of masks, creatures, and concepts that might never have existed in classic BIONICLE.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

Seriously, this is incredible. I am so happy and exited. BZPower will return to its former glory as a BIONICLE fansite, BS01 will become active again, Greg's story will finally be continued, that cancerous Hero Factory theme will be discontinued...

This is the best news BZP has ever posted.

• Upvote 1
I miss BIONICLE.

How does that confirm anything of the sort? Rebooting the series wouldn't mean automatically rejecting any new ideas or designs. A reboot could take the series in whatever direction the writers want it to, which includes the possibility of masks, creatures, and concepts that might never have existed in classic BIONICLE.

You're right, maybe it's not confirmed. But I don't think they would do a reboot without some tie to the past storyline. A golden Kanohi mask wasn't introduced until 2003 (and this is in no way the Avohkii) and before that the conflict was all about the creatures of the island. It wouldn't make any sense to fully rewrite the story and only keep the six Toa the same. I think that a continuation is more likely here.

wnimDt6.jpg

EXztX3v.jpg

That would be awesome if that was finally the Mask of Creation. Velika managed to go through with his plan, donned the Mask of Creation and is changing everything to how he sees fit. Although doubtful as Greg has mentioned he doesn't want to do a continuation right from where we left off, but that would be an interesting story.

• Upvote 1

~Xeo~

I also think it looks like Vultraz with Kini Nui on his head. (someone please photoshop that)

So it wasn't just me who saw that! :lol:

What I really don't understand are these "Mask of Creation" arguments. Um, I'm sorry, but what is leading everyone to jump to that? "It's ornate" doesn't seem like quite enough justification to me. Nevermind that it's just some mask Greg made up for the web serials and I highly doubt would ever be deemed important enough - or even remembered by set designers, who had nothing to do with it - to be brought back as the clear key item of this return. And that's all assuming it's a continuation and not a reboot.

Basically, I don't think anyone should be jumping to this conclusion so soon and trying to spread it around (which it seems to be like wildfire in other places I frequent. The idea is everywhere).

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Finally! I'm sure this will bring a lot of people back, and some new ones too. Now it's just a matter of time before the bzpower comunity grows again and becomes once more the enormous and creative group of people it was!!  :D

• Upvote 2

Looks like it's time to stop staring and start contributing.

Thankfully, as a caddie at my local golf club, I have an easy way to make fast cash. Well, I know where that money is going now! (Or at least part of it. I have to save up for college too.)  Yay! 288th post! (88 is my favorite number if my username didn't give it away.)

Edited by RahkshiToa88

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

What I really don't understand are these "Mask of Creation" arguments. Um, I'm sorry, but what is leading everyone to jump to that? "It's ornate" doesn't seem like quite enough justification to me. Nevermind that it's just some mask Greg made up for the web serials and I highly doubt would ever be deemed important enough - or even remembered by set designers, who had nothing to do with it - to be brought back as the clear key item of this return. And that's all assuming it's a continuation and not a reboot.

Basically, I don't think anyone should be jumping to this conclusion so soon and trying to spread it around (which it seems to be like wildfire in other places I frequent. The idea is everywhere).

~|ET|~

We, or at least I'm, not jumping to conclusions, just speculating out of excitement - I don't really see it doing any harm (or are you implying people will get hyped it is this thing and then it'll be something else? Because I don't really think that's much of an issue, it think its good people are having fun speculating about this stuff).

And it wasn't really minor - it was minor in that it never appeared, but it existed before the serials and remains the only legendary mask we never really saw in action and is one of the few parts of the canon still shrouded in mystery. In all honesty if they were looking for an important mask to use in a new story, I think it'd be a good candidate since it doesn't have much required attached history and the core power/idea would fit well with promotion as well as satisfying older fans. I'm not saying it is the mask of creation of course, in fact I wouldn't even say it probably is or is likely to be; but I also don't see any reason to be annoyed at people speculating that it could be that mask. We know nothing at this point so we should have fun speculating while we can I think. I can't see it doing much harm in this context.

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

~|ET|~

I think people are assuming it is the mask of creation because it is the only legendary mask that has not appeared in a set, and because, with exceptions made for damaged or (in the case of the Ignika) counting down, legendary masks are generally gold, as this mask is. At least, that is why I think so.

Allow me to post a quote: "The mask was the most ornate anyone had ever seen-  more than just a Kanohi, it was a true work of art. The metallic Protodermis from which it was forged was arranged in intricate patterns and designs, each reflecting one of the many cultures that flourished the universe. The eye slits were angular and pointed, giving him an air of both wisdom and a vague sense of menace." ~description of the Mask of Creation.

Yep, that pretty much fits the picture.

Also this ^

• Upvote 1

Wyrd byð swyðost

I really need to be more active

Incredible. This confirmation that BIONICLE will be returning has brought me back to BZP after months and YEARS AND CENTURIES of waiting. I'm glad our beloved lumps of plastic will be back next year.

"Child of Dunwich rise
You have your father's eyes
C h i l d   o f   D u n w i c h   r i s e
End the world that you despise"

You're right, maybe it's not confirmed. But I don't think they would do a reboot without some tie to the past storyline. A golden Kanohi mask wasn't introduced until 2003 (and this is in no way the Avohkii) and before that the conflict was all about the creatures of the island. It wouldn't make any sense to fully rewrite the story and only keep the six Toa the same. I think that a continuation is more likely here.

There have been gold masks since day one.

Also, reboot =/= remake. There's no reason why a reboot would have to hit the same notes as the original, it would kind of defeat the point of rebooting. You don't consider Batman Begins to be a remake of the Adam West movie, do you?

Edited by Primis
  • Upvote 2

~|ET|~

We, or at least I'm, not jumping to conclusions, just speculating out of excitement - I don't really see it doing any harm (or are you implying people will get hyped it is this thing and then it'll be something else? Because I don't really think that's much of an issue, it think its good people are having fun speculating about this stuff).

And it wasn't really minor - it was minor in that it never appeared, but it existed before the serials and remains the only legendary mask we never really saw in action and is one of the few parts of the canon still shrouded in mystery. In all honesty if they were looking for an important mask to use in a new story, I think it'd be a good candidate since it doesn't have much required attached history and the core power/idea would fit well with promotion as well as satisfying older fans. I'm not saying it is the mask of creation of course, in fact I wouldn't even say it probably is or is likely to be; but I also don't see any reason to be annoyed at people speculating that it could be that mask. We know nothing at this point so we should have fun speculating while we can I think. I can't see it doing much harm in this context.

Yeah, that's basically why. Avoiding the disappointment or even anger over it being something else caused by convincing ourselves it is when we don't really have anything to go off of.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."