BIONICLE Confirmed for 2015

http://cache.lego.com/r/www/-/media/Portal%20V2010/FranchisePortal/bionicle/bionicle_210x227_PortalFranchiseCard_Animation.swf

20V2010...Is that 2010 stuff that never got used?

I doubt it; the same thing precedes the current franchise card files if you check the page source

The current products page on LEGO.com is from 2010, that's all it means.

-Gata signoff.png

• Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Well, isn't this a heck of a thing. Always rather suspected it'd come back eventually (it's less common to see a toyline from a successful company never return, in my experience), but I'm surprised it's so soon.

Hoping for some nice builds, and decent story again. I won't set the bar as high as the original, but if it's branded Bionicle, I do have some expectations.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Possibly the biggest news in BIONICLE history. :o  Anyway, if I haven't said it before, I'd prefer a continuation from where it left off, but I'd be open to a completely new story as well. ^_^ I'm probably only gonna focus on canister sets unless I see something else that looks impressive. Don't want to spend all my money now. <_<

vartempsig.png

"Don't criticize what you can't understand."

Bob Dylan

Since Aanchir asked for it on Eurobricks, I may as well link the animated GIF version of the SWF animation:

bofTRL0.gif

But SWFs are higher quality than GIFs so nobody here probably has any use for this one.

• Upvote 5

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I'm not sure whether to be happy or not.

Bionicle ended on such a happy note, and now they're bringing it back.

It's almost as if Disney decided to release Toy Story 4 after Toy Story 3 ended the series so well.

We'll see what I think when it comes out.

As for the mask, it's probably a Great Being.

I'm sorry, but wasn't the ending of Bionicle in 2010 pretty abrupt? In fact, once our emotions over the ending cleared, we realized that the ending was so rushed and flawed, that it definatley deserved better than what we got (Bionicle Stars?? What the flying Karzahni?). So in a way, I am hoping the the series continues right where it left off. That would be great. 

The Raidmaster

Since Aanchir asked for it on Eurobricks, I may as well link the animated GIF version of the SWF animation:

bofTRL0.gif

But SWFs are higher quality than GIFs so nobody here probably has any use for this one.

Thanks so much! The hype is real.

• Upvote 3

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

HYPE TRAIN

It would be sooooo funny if Bionicle coming back was a 1 year thing, then the hype Train Crash and hits Hero Factory or Chima.

I just hope the new masks will be compatible with old heads.

I think the maybe really unlikely.

e5d61ff586.png

YES, It's So Beautiful  :D, Next is Queen Brain Attack Breez :P

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I'm not sure whether to be happy or not.

Bionicle ended on such a happy note, and now they're bringing it back.

It's almost as if Disney decided to release Toy Story 4 after Toy Story 3 ended the series so well.

We'll see what I think when it comes out.

As for the mask, it's probably a Great Being.

I'm sorry, but wasn't the ending of Bionicle in 2010 pretty abrupt? In fact, once our emotions over the ending cleared, we realized that the ending was so rushed and flawed, that it definatley deserved better than what we got (Bionicle Stars?? What the flying Karzahni?). So in a way, I am hoping the the series continues right where it left off. That would be great.

The ending of Bionicle was indeed abrupt but I don't think it necessarily deserved better. If anything, it should have had less content, with the serials wrapped up more quickly and the Mata Nui Saga providing the epilogue, rather than dragging the story along in serials before abandoning them with more loose ends than they started with. The Stars were pretty poor sets, but with the sales of the sets plummeting like they were, we were really lucky to get any sets at all in 2010, let alone a heartfelt tribute to ten years of story. So yes, while the ending to Bionicle left much to be desired, I'm really tired of hearing people whining that they "deserved" better, given that we got more than we could otherwise have hoped for in a theme that was long past its prime.

In any case, continuing right where it left off would be the worst possible option in terms of roping in new fans. The serials left the story too chaotic and unstructured, with never-before-seen characters intermingling with characters who had been gone from the story for years. The only plausible options I can see for the theme's return are a complete reboot (which would start everyone, new and old fans alike, on the same page, instead of requiring new fans to research yeare' worth of story just to know who everyone is) or a timeskip that'd remove past characters and loose ends from the story. And the latter is probably impractical as well, since outside of a violent end for the old characters, most Bionicle characters have lifespans long enough to make them effectively immortal. Far easier to just start fresh, without all the baggage and confusion of the old storyline.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Sometimes when I become overwhelmed with emotion, my emotions shut down. Is that how I feel now? Though I WILL admit I jumped out of my skin when I saw the news on Twitter last night just before I went to bed.

Still, I'd rather wait for an official announcement from LEGO because my campaign truly declares victory.

I just pray it's not a reboot.

• Upvote 1

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Finally, the community has something to talk about.

Yes, something other then "your favorite ____" or if you was a ____" or "bionicle comi...   oh wait"

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

I just hope the new masks will be compatible with old heads.

I think the maybe really unlikely.

Why "really unlikely"? All it needs is a peg.

7. Putting all five Piraka in one tank seems like a dangerous idea. What if they start killing each other?

7) Who cares? They're creeps anyway.

-GregF

For somebody who has so passionately campaigned for the LEGO Group to bring the theme back I'm kind of surprised you'd be so particular about what form you want the new story to take. What would be wrong with a reboot, honestly? It's the best chance the theme might ever have of regaining its former glory and enthralling a new generation of fans.

It's not like a rebooted storyline would be completely foolproof (you'd have to rethink a lot of things up to and including how the big story engine is revealed), but I still can't really fathom why so many people are so vehemently opposed to the idea of a reboot on principle.

• Upvote 8

I can finally return... I'm home...

• Upvote 4
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

I mean I think a reboot would be the best way to go. Best way to replicate that original feel of mystery and potential that the first few years of BIONICLE had, and the best way to introduce newcomers. I'd say more but I'm busy (lazy). Maybe I'll type something up later.

Meanwhile, hypetrainhypetrainhypetraintypeprain

Edited by Cyrix

[Cyrix]

Whoa. This is amazing. I definitely was shocked to see this when I came home from school today. This is unimaginably awesome.

It's time for the benkels to return, I see.

I predict it'll involve so much needless additions to the story in its later years unless they've learnt from the original. I also predict people will suddenly stop disliking 06-10 and get all nostalgic about them seeing as the story of this will take the place as the cool 'new' thing to dislike. Happens with lots of things.

I'm glad to hear that you've decided that it's coming back.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Maybe the RPG section will have some new life breathed into it, with this good news. 

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

For somebody who has so passionately campaigned for the LEGO Group to bring the theme back I'm kind of surprised you'd be so particular about what form you want the new story to take. What would be wrong with a reboot, honestly? It's the best chance the theme might ever have of regaining its former glory and enthralling a new generation of fans.

It's not like a rebooted storyline would be completely foolproof (you'd have to rethink a lot of things up to and including how the big story engine is revealed), but I still can't really fathom why so many people are so vehemently opposed to the idea of a reboot on principle.

I do know the saying "Be careful what you wish for because you might get it", but the main focus with the campaign for my part was just to bring the sets back for long enough to cover the difference between its cancellation and the end of its 10th anniversary, ie. a year and a half. Even then, though, I still have personal preferences, but won't complain TOO much if it is a reboot.

No matter what happens, though, I have faith that Greg Farshtey will know how to do it right.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

No matter what happens, though, I have faith that Greg Farshtey will know how to do it right.

Really? I have faith that if Greg is as involved in the story as he was in the later years, it will become a tangled trainwreck again.

I couldn't agree more.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

This is worth coming out of Lurker Land to say: YAY!  :D I'll be extremely thrilled if they treat this as some sort of continuation placed in the distant future, but I'll still be satisfied if it's a reboot (...well, maybe... depends...) but I'm optimistic! :D

-Lewa Krom

Edited by Lewa Krom

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Really? I have faith that if Greg is as involved in the story as he was in the later years, it will become a tangled trainwreck again.

I couldn't agree more.

Implying he doesn't learn from mistakes... :/

• Upvote 3

Isn't this technically a leak? Un-officially obtained content, so we can't discuss it?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I couldn't agree more.

Implying he doesn't learn from mistakes... :/

I'd just rather see a new writer get to take the wheel for Bionicle 2015 for a bit of diversity in storytelling. I'd like something a bit different for a change. But in all honesty it's pretty safe to assume that Greg is doing the story for 2015 and on since he's still active in Bionicle discussions on the LEGO Message Boards, which indicates he either has too much time on his hands where he chooses to spend it on the LEGO Message Boards with nothing better to do, or he is still working with LEGO on stories, especially Bionicle, therefore he's staying in touch with the fans about the Bionicle story.

In my opinion, LEGO's whole Greg Q&A they have on the LMBs is a great way for LEGO to make Bionicle 2015 a continuation of the story rather than a reboot because it allows for the fans with questions to have them answered so that they'll know what they need to when the story does start back up.

• Upvote 1

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA

CHOO CHOO! HYPE TRAIN COMING THROUGH!

I am so overly excited! Now I have another way to spend money!

There would be a deadly crash if bionicle coming back was a one year thing  :devil:

GAH. Can't keep off it! It's like that tupper of leftovers that's for someone else, but you want it so bad you eat it anyway! pinkamenatwitchplz.gif?1

I just can't wait! Hey, maybe we'll get some new sprites along the lines, and some new comic series! (Yay! Go check out the comic forum! It's cool!)

(A little advertizing for another section can't hurt, right wind?)

Mmmm... That akaku.... Beautiful, beautiful akaku...

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

I mean GregF is really good at adding complexity to stories, which is good in moderation, but as the years went on it got excessive. As I understand it (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), GregF's involvement in the story increased more and more as we went out of the 2001-2003 era and into later years, especially in the serials that introduced considerable amounts of canon.

IMO it would be best if there were a larger group of people working to develop the canon, and I wouldn't mind GregF being involved because he was pretty good at what he did.

EDIT: Also I am hoping against hope that collectibles (mask packs!) will make a return, even though it's unlikely.

EDIT 2: Not to say that I don't have admiration for GregF as a writer because he was pretty great

Edited by Cyrix

[Cyrix]