OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I'm just gonna move this here:

Wait... weren't there supposed to be a total of 20 animations this year? The first half of the year had 10, so this half should have 10. That means we should still have two more episodes after the conclusion of the story in the animations...

Possible message to the fans from the BIONICLE team or something special? Perhaps even a glimpse into next year showing the 2016 Toa? 

It's actually 19 episodes that were produced. So 18 in the main series (9 for each half year) plus The Legend.

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Also, did anyone else find Basher's part weird? Here I was thinking that he was tough, being the match of Onua and the lieutenant of Grinder, but they knocked him out in a second. Even the Skull Scorpios had two episodes, for crying out loud!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Also, did anyone else find Basher's part weird? Here I was thinking that he was tough, being the match of Onua and the lieutenant of Grinder, but they knocked him out in a second. Even the Skull Scorpios had two episodes, for crying out loud!

Yeah...that's what happens when you have to tell a story in less than 14 minutes.

I've more or less stopped giving a hoot, honestly.

AXKP5KC.png

Unity is too op. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

I bought Skull Basher yesterday, my first of the summer wave...money has been tight, so that's why I'm so late to the party. Blew all my money on the winter wave and a few other various things, expecting to have had more money by now...anyways, I enjoyed building Skull Basher. Wish the set had a bit more of an undead vibe, but I like it as is. Looking forward to finishing the wave somehow. May just put my Black Ops 3 fund into it...decisions, decisions...

@Pereki Huh.. I thought they said they were doing 20 episodes for this year at last years Comic Con. Did something change?

The only thing they said at ComicCon is that they would be doing 'a lot.' It's definitely possible something changed, but 9 per half year + intro seems pretty even to me.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I'm guessing people spotted the letter N on the side of the Forge, completing the Unity anagram. (Yawn.)

It's a bit weird that it's in this episode, because up until now the letters had been in every other episode. (10, 12, 14, 16 and now 17?)

Wonder what happened there...

Anyway, I'm disappointed that someone beat me to posting a screenshot of the Hau Easter Egg because it meant I didn't get to use my "Hau did that get there?" joke. :(

Also sad that it looks like there will be no time for the fight from Ekimu's character video to appear in the actual animation. I really wanted that epic hammer noscoping to be canon. It also begs the questions: Is Ekimu's shield even canon? And can his hammer even shoot? Because those features never appeared the book, and look like they aren't going to appear in the animations either.

:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Also sad that it looks like there will be no time for the fight from Ekimu's character video to appear in the actual animation. I really wanted that epic hammer noscoping to be canon. It also begs the questions: Is Ekimu's shield even canon? And can his hammer even shoot? Because those features never appeared the book, and look like they aren't going to appear in the animations either.

What else would Ekimu be looking for while the Toa distract Kulta?

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

What else would Ekimu be looking for while the Toa distract Kulta?

He's looking for the hammer, but nothing in the book indicates he will pull out the shield as well, or that he will shoot from the hammer - which is what Votuko is wondering about.

Edited by Pereki
  • Upvote 2

I'm guessing people spotted the letter N on the side of the Forge, completing the Unity anagram. (Yawn.)

It's a bit weird that it's in this episode, because up until now the letters had been in every other episode. (10, 12, 14, 16 and now 17?)

Wonder what happened there...

Anyway, I'm disappointed that someone beat me to posting a screenshot of the Hau Easter Egg because it meant I didn't get to use my "Hau did that get there?" joke. :(

Even if he never ends up using the shield or the shooting function of the hammer in this year's story, there's no reason to doubt that either exists. Pohatu has yet to use his dagger in a single animation — even his character video — but I don't see people questioning whether it's canon.

• Upvote 3

@Pereki Weird. I was sure that we had heard from an official source back when the animations just started coming out that there would be 20. Oh well. Anyone know what I'm trying to reference? I have no idea. Oh well. :P

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to reference, but there would be twenty "episodes" if the two trailers are considered. It's possible that the ten episodes for the first half of this year are the nine traditional episodes with the inclusion of The Legend, and then there are nine episodes for the current half of this year with a transitional epilogue shown afterwards.

So I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but the second chapter book got a cover on Amazon. It's just the Vizuna boxart.

TAK

That's been up for a while. But it says "For Solicitation Only". That and the lack of a finalized title on the cover tells us it's preliminary.

They might keep the same artwork for the final cover or they might not. Impossible to tell at this point.

• Upvote 2

Has anyone found episode 18 on YouTube yet? I've been looking, but had no luck.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

So is there a precedent for Netflix doing original movies? because it's possible that that's what it is, too. Trying not to set my hopes too high, you know.

So is there a precedent for Netflix doing original movies? because it's possible that that's what it is, too. Trying not to set my hopes too high, you know.

Netflix has done both original series and original movies, to my knowledge. Either way, it's something pretty unprecedented for Lego.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Might this be an attempt to replicate the success Ninjago has had with its show? If it is, I hope it doesn't force the storyline to become too simplified, as Ninjago can be (when it isn't too busy retconning its basic principles or inventing tens of surplus worlds :P).

I don't really know much about Netflix, but do you think enough of BIONICLE's target market pay for it for a Netflix-only show to get as many viewers as a TV show?

P.S. @Aanchir Pretty sure Pohatu's dagger is described in Island of Lost Masks, making it canon. Plus, the Summer wave has already set a precedent for non-canon items being added to sets to boost their likelihood of sales (*cough* Drained Mask of Ice and Drained Mask of Stone *cough*)...

• Upvote 1

Unless everyone has Netflix these days

While saying everyone does would be hyperbole, it's certainly common enough that to the average consumer, it's not going to be an inconvenience.

It's not available here (South Africa), but I imagine it's common enough elsewhere.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

News on the Netflix series.

Netflix is ratcheting up its kids’ lineup, announcing orders for seven original series including shows based on Lego Group’s Bionicle and Friends toy lines and a sitcom based onDreamWorks Animation’s movie “The Croods.”

• “Lego Bionicle: The Journey to One” (premiering Q1 2016): Four-episode animated series based on the Bionicle franchise of buildable action figures takes place on the mythical island of Okoto, where the forces of darkness are on the move and the evil Makuta is working to cast the world into darkness.

netflix-lego-bionicle.jpg?w=670&h=377&cr

I am very okay with this.

• Upvote 3

The actual press release has a longer description of the show. What catches my attention is this:

The desperate island inhabitants enlist six heroes – called the Toa – to help save their beloved island. Only when the heroes are united, will they be able to battle the forces of evil, defeat Makuta and save Okoto.

This sounds a lot like the plot to the first half of 2015, where the Toa must cross Okoto to meet up, rather than a new story. (Which also fits the name; "Journey to One".) Coupled with the image of 2015 Tahu, it feels like this will be (at least initially) a retelling of 2015's story. (The press release does mention "new story", but this may just mean adding new detials and events to what we already know, eg. it may show Pohatu's encounter that caused him to dislike Scorpios.)

I had been skeptical of the suggestion that the new show would cover 2016's story, seeing how a TV show would require to have been planned further in advance than this year's animations were... Hopefully these four episodes will function like Ninjago's pilot; summarising the first year's story and setting the scene for future, longer series should they be deemed a success.

Edited by Votuko
  • Upvote 3